NBA 2020-2021

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

Trade a headache away for another headache.

The Rockets will lose the Harden trade no matter who's involved unless Harden flops and falls off a cliff with his new team, but I don't know if I take this deal if I'm Houston.

Kyrie, as fantastic as he is to watch, is not a guy I'm dying to have as the centerpiece of my team. I'd prefer to watch his highlight reels on other unsuccessful teams, not mine.
Based on older news, the Timberwolves are and have been monitoring this, they want to be the third team and want Tucker.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
I don't want to believe Harden has quit on the team, but that's more likely than him suddenly falling off a cliff.

I was hoping he'd give the team a chance properly but oh well, that's a pipe dream now.
His shape > falling off a cliff

Was meant as a joke when I wrote it. But in all honesty, he looks like he is training in all you can eat buffet atm.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Does this make Kyrie come back? :lol:

Apparently the trade sends Jarett Allen to Cleveland. Poor bloke.

JPRouve

Scout
I hope that they didn't do anything stupid.

Edit: Giving up 4 1st, LeVert and Allen. I hope that it works out.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Super teams blah blah. This is going to be hilarious.

sidsutton

Lots of moving parts, apparently Lavert flipped for Oladipo to Houston.

sidsutton

Are you Houston trying to build a winning team or rehab centre for serious leg injuries?

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Well, this explains his "effort" last night. After that there was no way he could stay.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Okay I'm just going to wait until the moving parts have settled.

Adios Harden. Officially the end of an era. It's been an interesting 8 years.

sidsutton

They get 4 first round picks and 4 swaps with the Nets. If it goes badly, and there's a lot of miles on KD and Harden's clocks so it could, that could be a nice haul.

JPRouve

Scout
The only thing I can think of is that his contract expires this year.
Why would Houston want an expiring contract instead of a valuable asset? Am I missing something, you don't think that they are targetting Leonard for 2021?

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Why would Houston want an expiring contract instead of a valuable asset? Am I missing something, you don't think that they are targetting Leonard for 2021?
Just took a look at the FA class. Yuck. The only intriguing one besides KL, I guess, is John Collins.

RORY65

I presumed Houston would want at least one star player (either one of the league's best youngsters or someone like Ben Simmons). Not sure Oladipo on an expiring deal, a couple of rotation players and picks, most of which will end up being late first rounders, is much of a deal for Harden.
So much for KD leaving the Warriors to build a legacy
:lol: So true.

JPRouve

Scout
Just took a look at the FA class. Yuck. The only intriguing one besides KL, I guess, is John Collins.
That's why I don't get it, George and Leonard were by some distance the best potential FAs, so unless they intend to target Leonard or reset their luxury tax in 2021, I don't see why you would swap LeVert for an older Oladipo that also has a shorter contract.

sidsutton

Oladipo can be flipped before the trade deadline, don't forget. I would expect a Rockets firesale so probably Eric Gordon too.

JPRouve

Scout
Oladipo can be flipped before the trade deadline, don't forget. I would expect a Rockets firesale so probably Eric Gordon too.
Is he actually worth more than LeVert?

sidsutton

Is he actually worth more than LeVert?
Rockets owner is strapped for cash so I would imagine expiring contracts are more valuable to him, with potential to convert into another draft pick later.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Wow, that's some trade. Nets have no depth now.
So the Nets are going to be depending on:

KD - Coming of major injury
KI - uhm... :nervous:
JH - a "bit" out of shape

to play 40 minutes a night because the rest of that roster will be G-Leagues guys. Have fun!

JPRouve

Scout
Rockets owner is strapped for cash so I would imagine expiring contracts are more valuable to him, with potential to convert into another draft pick later.
But he doesn't gain any money right now and Levert is currently cheaper, he also could be converted in draft picks later, with the added perks that he gives you more time to find a good offer.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead

to play 40 minutes a night because the rest of that roster will be G-Leagues guys. Have fun!
Also De'Andre having to play significant time in the playoffs? Not sure about that.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

They'll be an interesting team to follow, that's for sure.