g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

NBA 2020-2021

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
No structural damage for Giannis which is great news but no timetable of his return either which makes it unlikely that he will be back this series or maybe even this season if they somehow sneak into the Finals…

Sarni

Thought about this myself, that core.... this IS their window, otherwise he's waiting on a wingman, Middleton's a third man to me and a very very good one. But yeah.

I don't see how he can play if he feels it's not right, at least when KD did it, opponents aren't gonna leave him open for 3's... with Giannis they'd likely just leave him open, allowing him to shoot or attempt the explosion to rim and risk injuring himself.

But, I'd be surprised if it's as serious as KD's... at worst I'd take a game out, if Trae's out too.
Yeah this is, or was, the year. Realistically they are never getting past Nets if they don’t have half fit Harden and injured Kyrie and chances are they will be more healthy next year. Their path to the Finals was clean this year and they’d have been 50/50 at worst against Suns or Clippers.

Then again Clippers are going to probably feel pretty much the same about Kawhi injury. They are running Suns close without him and would stand a much better chance with him, and would be favorites against either Bucks or Hawks with Kawhi on the floor.

ZDwyr

In 2016 by the time game 7 came around Curry was at best 70% fit. He came back too early from the MCL strain, but it's the playoffs, so you do what you have to. The Dubs had already struggled against an OKC team they really shouldn't have and by the finals the injury was just getting progressively worse. Heck even Kevin Love was able to stop him. by the time the series was over.

To be honest, 2016 illustrates the big difference between Steph and Lebron. No excuses from Steph, Lebron would have done his closing interview in a body cast if he had been going through similar injuries and the Cavs had lost game 7.
The Dion Waiters led OKC were a juggernaut.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Tickets will still sell out even if Trae and Giannis is missing, it's the conference finals and potentially the finals! You think a champions league finals match featuring us wouldn't sell out because Bruno and Rashford are out of the game?

If the league was really concerned about players health, they would have reduced the regular season by at least a third, but that's a huge chunk of ticket revenue missing and neither the players or the owners would accept taking a cut.
I do think that TV viewing numbers will be effected. I'm surprised if you think this playoffs is resulting in a normal amount of injuries, and is not potentially an issues with viewers going forward.

I certainly agree the next games will sell out, but pointing that out seems like avoiding the question, which is whether the product would be better with reduced player usage, including what it would take to make that happen. Why not have the season played out over a longer time period? Watching football makes US sports seasons all seem short.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I do think that TV viewing numbers will be effected. I'm surprised if you think this playoffs is resulting in a normal amount of injuries, and is not potentially an issues with viewers going forward.

I certainly agree the next games will sell out, but pointing that out seems like avoiding the question, which is whether the product would be better with reduced player usage, including what it would take to make that happen. Why not have the season played out over a longer time period? Watching football makes US sports seasons all seem short.
I've already said it, the league doesn't care about the end product as much as you think. If they really cared about it, they would have reduced the number of games and actually tried to fix the issue of flopping and the ridiculous time outs and replays making the last few mins of close games an ad fest.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
I've already said it, the league doesn't care about the end product as much as you think. If they really cared about it, they would have reduced the number of games and actually tried to fix the issue of flopping and the ridiculous time outs and replays making the last few mins of close games an ad fest.
I think they'll start to care when they see people stop watching this playoffs. It's gone too far this time.

sport2793

I never thought I would see the Suns make it to the Finals in my lifetime after the SSOL era, I'm almost in tears

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I never thought I would see the Suns make it to the Finals in my lifetime after the SSOL era, I'm almost in tears
Save the tears for when you win it all buddy. Favorites heading into the finals who would have thought it. CP3 deserves a ring.

reelworld

following the Suns because of that SSOL teams. Heartbreak after heartbreak stopping that team to win. Can't believe this team goes further than those teams and might win it all after 19 wins 2 years ago!

fecking hell

Sarni

So happy for Phoenix! What an amazing turnaround.

Revan

Assumptionman
If Giannis is out, and Suns manage to stay healthy, they are gonna get this.

Chris Paul deserves this.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
I thought I was watching Chris Paul hugging his Mum after the game, but it was Lil Wayne. :lol:

Zen

I love the internet - the amount of people who endlessly hated on Paul now absolutely loving him and in some cases deleting old tweets and shit :lol: - this kind of hypocrisy is ripe in sport in general, but this one has gotta be a bit sweet for Paul.... seriously he took, so so so much pointless shit, and mostly kind of just shrugged it off, now he's ripped it up.

8 Games in the semi's and conf. finals - 25ppg on .500 . 470 . 950 shooting is obscene, but then add on top 9.5apg to a 1.7to ratio.... this is utterly insane. Maybe those numbers have been swayed by his mega closeout games. But whatever, one more hurdle and he may need Booker to be a bit more consistent towards the higher level as he tailed off against the Clips... but maybe not.

He wanted the biggest contract he could get.... I wonder if he'll take a discount to now stay with this unit? Because someone will be willing to tremendously overpay for him now, and not the Suns.

Last edited:

elmo

I love the internet - the amount of people who endlessly hated on Paul now absolutely loving him and in some cases deleting old tweets and shit :lol: - this kind of hypocrisy is ripe in sport in general, but this one has gotta be a bit sweet for Paul.... seriously he took, so so so much pointless shit, and mostly kind of just shrugged it off, now he's ripped it up.

8 Games in the semi's and conf. finals - 25ppg on .500 . 470 . 950 shooting is obscene, but then add on top 9.5apg to a 1.7to ratio.... this is utterly insane. Maybe those numbers have been swayed by his mega closeout games. But whatever, one more hurdle and he may need Booker to be a bit more consistent towards the higher level as he tailed off against the Clips... but maybe not.

He wanted the biggest contract he could get.... I wonder if he'll take a discount to now stay with this unit? Because someone will be willing to tremendously overpay for him now, and not the Suns.
If he wants a max, it's either from us or the Knicks. Spurs and OKC are the only other teams with enough cap space to offer him a max deal, but I doubt either of them would when they're both in a rebuild.

Dallas potentially could as well I think, but they seem like a mess of a franchise lately.

edcunited1878

Bucks totally deserved to win tonight and credit for the starters, especially Lopez and Portis for setting the tone early and often. They had the urgency, the physicality, and will.

Hawks didn't shoot well enough obviously, but they were very sloppy with the ball and looked much slower and never looked like they could force themselves into a legit run when they were down by 8 to 11. Bucks had a resounding response every time it was around a 10 point lead. Just didn't have any urgency and it was like they were passive to take the opportunity of going up a game.

edcunited1878

Brook Lopez, in particular, has been amazing, and when he's on top of his game, the Bucks are unbeatable.
He played like a true big man tonight and he dominated. Capela, not sure if he's still feeling his nose/face from last game, but he was irrelevant tonight because of Lopez. Portis dominated too.

Lopez and Portis combined just smoked Capela, Okongwu, and Collins.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
He played like a true big man tonight and he dominated. Capela, not sure if he's still feeling his nose/face from last game, but he was irrelevant tonight because of Lopez. Portis dominated too.

Lopez and Portis combined just smoked Capela, Okongwu, and Collins.
Brook Lopez is the NBA's answer to Dimitar Berbatov, when he is at it, he is virtually unplayable.

elmo

Brook Lopez on form is basically what everyone thought Porzingis would be. A 7 footer who can score points in the paint and is a legit 3 point threat.

ZDwyr

I think the series will go to 7. I assume Young will get back for game 6 at home.

Sarni

Brook Lopez on form is basically what everyone thought Porzingis would be. A 7 footer who can score points in the paint and is a legit 3 point threat.
And is one of the best defenders in the league at center position. His development since he left Brooklyn has been awesome.

elmo

And is one of the best defenders in the league at center position. His development since he left Brooklyn has been awesome.
It helps that he's playing on a team with actual defenders as compared to his Nets days. He's also one of the best player at boxing out, it's no surprise most of his teammates usually get career highs in rebounds when playing with him. But people still criticize him for his lack of rebounds without actually understanding how he plays.

So glad he's not on the Lakers because he would allow LeBron and AD to flourish.

Sarni

It helps that he's playing on a team with actual defenders as compared to his Nets days. He's also one of the best player at boxing out, it's no surprise most of his teammates usually get career highs in rebounds when playing with him. But people still criticize him for his lack of rebounds without actually understanding how he plays.

So glad he's not on the Lakers because he would allow LeBron and AD to flourish.
Yep him boxing out is so crucial to Giannis basically being able to get like 15 rebounds a game when he cares and gets minutes to do so. Steven Adams is another player who is used to boxing out and enabling Westbrook to get all the rebounds in the world without having very high average himself (never in double digits for a season).

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Most impressive was his defence on the perimeter in this game

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude

So glad he's not on the Lakers because he would allow LeBron and AD to flourish
Just for that gonna root against the Suns in the finals ;)

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Bucks starting game 6 hot.

Damn they really made Heurter do a ATL hip hop bracket. Spoiler migos won.

Last edited:

RooneyLegend

Capela's offensive limitations are so frustrating id honestly trade him if I was the hawks.