g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

NBA 2020-2021

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Refs bottled that call on Booker. Should have been his sixth foul.
Considering how many of the first 5 fouls were bullshit calls, the refs were hilariously dumb for doing this makeup call. Cue the media and bucks fan saying how the refs rigged the game against them despite having the favourable calls all game again.

edcunited1878

One of the worst referee performances in the NBA Finals. But we know that the league cannot afford to have a short series.

This is blatantly fixed to favor the Bucks. Embarrassing.

ZDwyr

Was definitely a winnable game for the Suns. If CP just plays an OK game they probably win. He was unbelievably bad. Booker was great. Should have been fouled out and I know people will claim it's fixed or whatever but I think the refs just didn't have the balls to make the call.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Was definitely a winnable game for the Suns. If CP just plays an OK game they probably win. He was unbelievably bad. Booker was great. Should have been fouled out and I know people will claim it's fixed or whatever but I think the refs just didn't have the balls to make the call.
Yeah more likely just crappy refs being influenced by the crowd than match fixing.

edcunited1878

Bucks had 10 more free throw attempts and 19 more field goal attempts. Coupled with the calls in the 4th quarter, it's a bad bad game from the NBA.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
That one is pretty much on Paul. If anything the Suns can take from this game it is better defence on Giannis both from Ayton and collectively.

edcunited1878

You're not biased of course :D

CP3 had a shitty game. Booker didn't deserve to lose tonight (neither did Giannis in G2)
Booker didn't deserve to be in foul trouble either. CP3 had a poor game, but it could have been overcome without bad referring. It was too blatant that the refs favored the Bucks and the Booker 6th foul non call was so obvious.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Booker didn't deserve to be in foul trouble either. CP3 had a poor game, but it could have been overcome without bad referring. It was too blatant that the refs favored the Bucks and the Booker 6th foul non call was so obvious.
Yeah some of the fouls against him were a bit soft, he could have easily blown past 50 tonight. Few bullshit calls on Tucker too (not that he was of much use on the offensive end).

The no-call near the end of the game :lol:

And that block from Giannis on Ayton...

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
I thought that referees had bs calls on both side tbf. The problem with soft calls on Booker was that they sent him on the bench when the game was on the line in the 4th quarter and he couldn't miss.

edcunited1878

Bucks had 19 more field goal attempts in regulation and 10 more free throws.....yet only won by 6 points. Thats 2 and 3 possessions at most.

elmo

You're not biased of course :D

CP3 had a shitty game. Booker didn't deserve to lose tonight (neither did Giannis in G2)
Giannis pushes off when he's driving and gets free throws. Booker does the same and it's a foul on him all series.

It's been this way since the playoffs started.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
What a game, that was absolutely brilliant. Shame that this series doesn’t seem to be getting the attention it deserves, as it’s been really close between two excellent teams.

I was certain the Suns were winning this until Booker’s fifth foul. That really felt like the turning point, with the decisive play then obviously being the ludicrous Giannis block sandwiched between the two Middleton buckets right at the end.

Speaking of, any word on what was wrong with Giannis? Physically he looked himself, but something was off for the first third or so of the game. Asking to come out after three minutes, seemingly hiding from the ball (I’m pretty sure he touched it once in the first five minutes). Obviously he recovered and had an amazing second half, but something seemed to shake him at the start.

Also. Feck Jae Crowder.

ThierryHenry

Bucks had 10 more free throw attempts and 19 more field goal attempts. Coupled with the calls in the 4th quarter, it's a bad bad game from the NBA.
How does that suggest bias reffing?

The Bucks have sensational rebounders, and have constantly attacked the paint the whole series. The Suns have the lowest % in the league of shots in the restricted area (or second lowest - I'll need to check), and focus on mid-rangers and corner three-pointers. Of course they're going to have fewer free throws.

ThierryHenry

^ It was second bottom in the league - for shots per game within 5 foot of the basket. Second bottom also for FTA per game.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Agree the refs were bad but disagree on the calls on booker being bs. Most of them were perfectly ok calls. Rather Ayton and Crowder got a bunch of bs calls against them, and in general it did feel like the refs were helping out the bucks first 3 qts

This was a weird game though. It felt like the suns were going to win, should have won, and yet the only reason they were even competitive was their FG%, and particularly Booker having a game for the ages. Meanwhile the bucks just couldn't buy a made jump shot for most of it :lol:

Suns hybrid zone defence did its job keeping Giannis out of the paint, will be interesting to see how Bud adjusts (haha)

That block :eek::eek::eek::eek:

elmo

How does that suggest bias reffing?

The Bucks have sensational rebounders, and have constantly attacked the paint the whole series. The Suns have the lowest % in the league of shots in the restricted area (or second lowest - I'll need to check), and focus on mid-rangers and corner three-pointers. Of course they're going to have fewer free throws.
The biggest issue is that Bucks are allowed to play aggressive for the first 3 quarters whereas Suns get called for the foul the moment we do it. Booker has been called for the offensive foul multiple times this series, meanwhile Giannis just continues running straight into the defender for free throws.

That said, the ref robbed us from a Booker / Middleton shootout. At the way they went at it, they both could have went for 50 each to go down in history.

And Giannis. feck you, that was a great block, but still feck you :lol:

Beans

Supports
Neutral
The biggest issue is that Bucks are allowed to play aggressive for the first 3 quarters whereas Suns get called for the foul the moment we do it. Booker has been called for the offensive foul multiple times this series, meanwhile Giannis just continues running straight into the defender for free throws.

That said, the ref robbed us from a Booker / Middleton shootout. At the way they went at it, they both could have went for 50 each to go down in history.

And Giannis. feck you, that was a great block, but still feck you :lol:
I stopped watching NBA at one point because the refs, as I couldn't believe what I was seeing over and over was anything but intentional cheating by them. This was around the time that Tim Donaghy threw out Amare Stoudemire when he was on the bench doing nothing then turned out to have fixed games.

elmo

I stopped watching NBA at one point because the refs, as I couldn't believe what I was seeing over and over was anything but intentional cheating by them. This was around the time that Tim Donaghy threw out Amare Stoudemire when he was on the bench doing nothing then turned out to have fixed games.
Scott Foster is still reffing and he apparently had over 100 calls with Donaghy during the period he was caught match fixing.

Stacks

This team USA Team is pretty underwhelming by their standards and it doesn't have a true guard or dominant big man.

They are obviously missing LeBron, but more importantly AD, Butler, Irving, Lowry, and Klay.

Not a lot of Olympic experience for the current team. With the way this past NBA season has gone and the compressed schedule of them, plus travel and the lack of fans, wouldn't be surprised if this team did not medal at all.
Dame

Stacks

Just finished this book after hearing about it on the dan lebetard show. Pretty interesting look into kyrie, kd, the nets and the nba. Recommended

Can't Knock the Hustle: Inside the Season of Protest, Pandemic, and Progress with the Brooklyn Nets' Superstars of Tomorrow
https://www.amazon.com/Cant-Knock-Hustle-Pandemic-Superstars/dp/0063036800
thanks may I recommend
Queens Reigns Supreme: Fat Cat, 50 Cent, and the Rise of the Hip Hop Hustler

https://www.amazon.com/Queens-Reigns-Supreme-Cent-Hustler/dp/1400095239

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
This team USA Team is pretty underwhelming by their standards and it doesn't have a true guard or dominant big man.

They are obviously missing LeBron, but more importantly AD, Butler, Irving, Lowry, and Klay.

Not a lot of Olympic experience for the current team. With the way this past NBA season has gone and the compressed schedule of them, plus travel and the lack of fans, wouldn't be surprised if this team did not medal at all.
Jrue and Middleton should be joining after the finals. Still, wouldn't be surprised if a 2004 happened again.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
thanks may I recommend
Queens Reigns Supreme: Fat Cat, 50 Cent, and the Rise of the Hip Hop Hustler

https://www.amazon.com/Queens-Reigns-Supreme-Cent-Hustler/dp/1400095239
Supreme and the role he played in the 50 cent Ja Rule beef is very interesting. A lot of the money in the entertainment business back in those days came from these drug kingpins. Check out diverse mentality on youtube, he has a couple long, very detailed videos on the circumstances in queens and hip hop around that time.

Stacks

Supreme and the role he played in the 50 cent Ja Rule beef is very interesting. A lot of the money in the entertainment business back in those days came from these drug kingpins. Check out diverse mentality on youtube, he has a couple long, very detailed videos on the circumstances in queens and hip hop around that time.
thanks. Apparently the money behind Death Row records came from a hustler and Jimmy Henchman still was a music exec until his incarceration recently.

Ladron de redcafe

Middleton stepped up big when it mattered because had they gone down 3-1, I don't believe that the Bucks would be able to come back from the deficit.

Booker was sensational last night and Paul was abysmal, which is a reversal of game 3.

Game 5 is now pivotal and I still think the Suns are slight favourites. Win this game, and you're on the bring it the title.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
How anyone still kids themselves that the refs are not giving the NBA their preferred outcomes when possible just blows me away.

It’s the most open secret in sport and everyone just pretends it’s some conspiracy theory.

RooneyLegend

Great start by the suns on both ends of the floor. Expect Middleton to start cooking Bridges again soon though.