NBA 2020-2021

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Legend :lol:

WI has the nicest superstar and also the grumpiest (looking at you Rodgers)

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Legend :lol:

WI has the nicest superstar and also the grumpiest (looking at you Rodgers)

Now that I have no obligation to defend Harden anymore, I'm glad I can jump all in on Giannis and enjoy his time in the sun in peace.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Now that I have no obligation to defend Harden anymore, I'm glad I can jump all in on Giannis and enjoy his time in the sun in peace.
Welcome to the side of the good. Feel free to cleanse your soul in the waters of Giannis's NBA.

Zen

It's also likely Barkley and Malone would have adapted their styles in this era as would any player to the era we hypothetically transport to. FFS. It's like saying Duncan would be nothing today.
I would say that too. He's also in my top 5... so don't be so insulted by it. I only know him as the player he is, not what he could have potentially adapted too, and he very likely possibly could have... but then again, the big man average height is on the slide... so why aren't big men adapting in general(obviously some are, but the market isn't there, so it's more competitive to get in)... it's not a foregone conclusion because they were a legend in their time, they would of made it in a different time.

I also said Barkley would likely be more valuable... and Bird would basically be god.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
No I meant a couple of hours back only. :lol:
CFA is serious business so I thought I missed something! We only have one in all of Madison. In Bama I had 3 within 10 minutes of our house 1 directly between the freeway exit and the house.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Incredible by Giannis.

One of the best series ever by a player and one of the best performances ever by a player.

I'm so glad he won after some of the criticism he was getting and the terrible media quips about him needing to leave to win a ring.

I can't get over how amazing he was. He was like a video game created player out there.
He’s the reason why I haven’t used Bucks all that much on 2K21, way too easy to score with him in the paint making the game too easy. He was actually exactly that way yesterday so they probably just created him correctly.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Is there another human as generally liked as Giannis? I don’t know a single basketball fan who would dislike him. I cannot even think of a single reason why people would not like him as a player or as a human. Seems so down to Earth and genuinely nice.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Is there another human as generally liked as Giannis? I don’t know a single basketball fan who would dislike him. I cannot even think of a single reason why people would not like him as a player or as a human. Seems so down to Earth and genuinely nice.
Duncan maybe? Hakeem?

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Klay.

ZDwyr

May be an unpopular view but I don't like Klay all that much. He seems to be popular among fans online though. Personally I find Steph more likable.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I hope other STARS then decide to join Giannis instead!

All in all I am happy Giannis stuffed one in Harden's face for calling him unskilled and the fact Giannis did what Harden could never.

I agree. Way too soon although I'm hoping for 3 rings outta Giannis or hes a bust
What ??

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Unbelievable achievement by the Bucks.
I doubted their coach, their superstar, their co-stars ... but here they are NBA champs 2021 and fully deserved that.

Stacks

Unbelievable achievement by the Bucks.
I doubted their coach, their superstar, their co-stars ... but here they are NBA champs 2021 and fully deserved that.
was the best story in years. I was firmly routing against the Nets (hate all this clicking up) I was against the Lakers (although routed for them last year) and I wanted someone new to win. I hope the nets never win a title.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
May be an unpopular view but I don't like Klay all that much. He seems to be popular among fans online though. Personally I find Steph more likable.
Even my wife who really doesn't follow basketball that much likes Klay. Steph falls into the same category as Lebron in that you either love him or hate him. I think he's probably the second most liked (behind Lebron) and the third most hated (behind Lebron and KD). Now that Giannis has won something I'm sure people will be ragging on him soon enough. It's a sign of greatness.:)

Last edited:

Charlie Foley

I probably like Steph more, but I know plenty of people who hate him or are bitter about him. I’ve never seen anyone have a bad word to say about Klay

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
I probably like Steph more, but I know plenty of people who hate him or are bitter about him. I’ve never seen anyone have a bad word to say about Klay
Sometimes I think you ought to write my posts. I was going to say that and then got sidetracked on to something else.

Stacks

Even my wife who really doesn't follow basketball that much likes Klay. Steph falls into the same category as Lebron in that you either love him or hate him. I think he's probably the second most liked (behind Lebron) and the third most hated (behind Lebron and KD). Now that Giannis has won something I'm sure people will be ragging on him soon enough. It's a sign of greatness.:)
The Most Hated Athletes In The World, Per Pickswise Data
  1. LeBron James (122,568 abusive terms)
  2. Marcus Rashford (32,328 abusive terms)
  3. Tom Brady (28,151 abusive terms)
  4. Kevin Durant (24,370 abusive terms)
  5. Bubba Wallace (21,750 abusive terms)
  6. Damian Lillard (20,904 abusive terms)
  7. Trevor Bauer (14,083 abusive terms)
  8. Cristiano Ronaldo (11,757 abusive terms)
  9. Steph Curry (11,203 abusive terms)
  10. Mesut Ozil (11,192 abusive terms)
you are nearly correct

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
The Most Hated Athletes In The World, Per Pickswise Data
  1. LeBron James (122,568 abusive terms)
  2. Marcus Rashford (32,328 abusive terms)
  3. Tom Brady (28,151 abusive terms)
  4. Kevin Durant (24,370 abusive terms)
  5. Bubba Wallace (21,750 abusive terms)
  6. Damian Lillard (20,904 abusive terms)
  7. Trevor Bauer (14,083 abusive terms)
  8. Cristiano Ronaldo (11,757 abusive terms)
  9. Steph Curry (11,203 abusive terms)
  10. Mesut Ozil (11,192 abusive terms)
you are nearly correct
I'm surprised at that. Dame seems to come across as a likeable kind of guy - kind of a like a poor man's Steph. The other two I'm not surprised about. Lebron is disliked because he's great and KD is disliked because he's great and an asshole.

Stacks

I'm surprised at that. Dame seems to come across as a likeable kind of guy - kind of a like a poor man's Steph. The other two I'm not surprised about. Lebron is disliked because he's great and KD is disliked because he's great and an asshole.
Lebron is disliked because
1/ "The decision" - many fans felt he was weak and basically made the free agency superstars clicking up, a new trend making the NBA a bit boring.
2/ he has a lot of power to the extent he can decide who is at HIS franchises and many feel he has got players traded
3/ self professed chosen one and GOAT so seems self absorbed.
4/ lost many finals
5/ passive aggressive in the media
6/ outspoken on politics
7/ He is successful
8/ The China incident
9/ flopping

Dame gives it back on twitter just like KD does but without a burner

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Lebron is disliked because
1/ "The decision" - many fans felt he was weak and basically made the free agency superstars clicking up, a new trend making the NBA a bit boring.
2/ he has a lot of power to the extent he can decide who is at HIS franchises and many feel he has got players traded
3/ self professed chosen one and GOAT so seems self absorbed.
4/ lost many finals
5/ passive aggressive in the media
6/ outspoken on politics
7/ He is successful
8/ The China incident
9/ flopping

Dame gives it back on twitter just like KD does but without a burner
I agree with all of that but since I constantly give Lebron shit I was trying to be nice for a change.

.....and KD is still an asshole.

Zen

Those numbers seem absurdly low to be fair.... depending on what they term 'abuse'.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
I would say that too. He's also in my top 5... so don't be so insulted by it. I only know him as the player he is, not what he could have potentially adapted too, and he very likely possibly could have... but then again, the big man average height is on the slide... so why aren't big men adapting in general(obviously some are, but the market isn't there, so it's more competitive to get in)... it's not a foregone conclusion because they were a legend in their time, they would of made it in a different time.

I also said Barkley would likely be more valuable... and Bird would basically be god.
Let Jordan take three steps without calling a travel, like they do now, and no old school defense, he'd have scored 60 points every game!

But yes, Bird would have been spectacular in the modern game.

Ever seen this?

edcunited1878

Let Jordan take three steps without calling a travel, like they do now, and no old school defense, he'd have scored 60 points every game!

Ever seen this?

Allen Iverson would be even more lethal with his crossover because every single player now palms and carries the ball, which is in addition to the 3 steps without traveling being called.

Yeah, Larry was a supreme talent, but he had toughness and no BS from his humbling upbringing in Indiana. He was always down for a scrap and can't doubt him when he played with talented hardasses like Parish, McHale, and Johnson.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude

Ever seen this?

Racist commentator really didn't like Moses Malone eh :lol:

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
No, he's disliked because he's a fakeass pretentious hypocrite

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
No, he's disliked because he's a fakeass pretentious hypocrite
i don't like Lebron, never have but I thought I'd be nice for a change - see where that got me.

As examples:
Its already started, The talking heads and media in general have started blathering on about "the shot" and how James' achievements last night are already the best in play-in history. In a fairly average performance he threw up a prayer with the shot clock winding down and it went in. Lebron was not great, he was outplayed by Steph most of the night. But no, according to the fanbois (looking at you Nick Wright) it was better than Jayson Tatum's 50 for the Celtics and of course Steph's 37. For years, I've had to listen to media suck ups tell me how James was carrying teams against monumental odds. It was always Lebron against the Warriors. Now with the tables having been turned and he having far and away the better team its still somehow all about him. It gets old.
That's in a nutshell. He contributed. You'd never know there was anybody else on his team. For years the Warriors achievements have been minimized because Lebron supposedly was playing against these tremendous odds, but the minute the shoe is on the other foot, the other team hardly gets a mention and as I said, it's still somehow all about him. I'm tired of it.
If the game yesterday had been game 7 and the Lakers had lost, I would have expected him to address the media in a body cast. He is the biggest drama queen in the NBA.
Three things about Lebron.

1) He's chasing rings.

2) He's got no shame.

3) He's got no loyalty.

If he thinks the Lakers can help him win another Championship he'll stick around. If not, he'll be off as soon as his contract allows. He also won't care who he joins up with as long as he can keep the narrative all about him.
Damn! Last time i try to be nice.

Almost forgot.

KD is still an asshole.

Last edited: