NBA 2022-2023

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Son of Kobe making daddy proud. Philly offense was trash in the fourth. Game 7 should be fun.

PaulScholes99

Impressive last quarter by Tatum after such an off night. What a missed chance for the 76ers, will be hard to win it in Boston as Tatum for sure will not have 3 quarters like this again

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
So what was his vote for all nba first team then?
I ain't buying it. He wanted Embiid to win and was trying to screw over Joker.
I didn't say his excuse ws valid, just that that was the excuse he used. To be honest I'm not sure which is worse, him leaving Jokic off his ballot or getting the ballots mixed up.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I didn't say his excuse ws valid, just that that was the excuse he used. To be honest I'm not sure which is worse, him leaving Jokic off his ballot or getting the ballots mixed up.
I didn't say you did. One is incompetence and the other is malice so I think the malice is definitely worse hence why he used the incompetence as an excuse.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
I didn't say you did. One is incompetence and the other is malice so I think the malice is definitely worse hence why he used the incompetence as an excuse.
I actually think incompetence is worse. There's many a player over the years didn't get on with another player or just flat out didn't like or rate a player. Members of the media having their favorites happens all the time. Bias is actually quite common. But the whole premise of having a vote in the first place is that you are knowledgeable enough and care enough about who and what you are voting for to deserve one. Based on the excuse he gave they should take away his vote for good because he obviously didn't put much thought into it or in simple terms just didn't give a damn.

Last edited:

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
If the Nuggets continue to play like this whoever wins between the Dubs and Lakers is going to have a really tough time against them. They are by far the best team I've watched this year in the playoffs.

R'hllor

Jackson did claim it was an honest mistake, but like you say it does come across as a "dog ate my homework" type of screw up. He was on Sirius radio this afternoon and he tried to say that it was a mix up between the MVP ballot and all NBA 1st team because his ballot had one center (Embiid), two forwards (Giannis, Tatum) and two guards (SGA, Mitchell).
Well either way, he should pay more attention to that shit, specially when somehow they have power to influence other people money/future, JB case for example.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Well either way, he should pay more attention to that shit, specially when somehow they have power to influence other people money/future, JB case for example.
I agree. Like I said if what he said is true he doesn't deserve to have a vote.

R'hllor

Whats up with Suns, such a bad half, holy crap, funniest part Suns fans cant stand DA, blame him for all kinds of crap, seems he is Shaq compared to those two centers combined.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
@R'hllor it appears Malone losing his voice is the biggest weapon the Nuggets have. It would appear that if he can't speak for the rest of the playoffs you guys should be a shoo in for a chip. ;)

R'hllor

@R'hllor it appears Malone losing his voice is the biggest weapon the Nuggets have. It would appear that if he can't speak for the rest of the playoffs you guys should be a shoe in for a chip. ;)
Seems so, let him flap around with arms :), such a clueless stubborn donkey, at 2-2 he didnt adjust one bit, pressure on Book from the moment he touches a ball was JM and KCP request, not to mention regardless how bad Jeff Green is, being in minus by 100, still untouchable.

Suns could do huge favor to Denver by winning this series but now if Denver moves, his position is cemented, guy is Jose Mourihno type, rookie makes a small nothing mistake, instant on the bench, Jeff fecking everything up = gets rewarded with 20min per game, ugh.

edcunited1878

Monty Williams is on thin ice in Phoenix after tonight. He's taken them as far as he can, even if the roster construction isn't his doing and playing your superstars 40+ minutes per game unless it's a blowout was never going to work.

And Ayton....a soft player in a big man's body playing a big man position. He's a big problem for Phoenix as well.

Denver is locked in and playing good team defense. But we know the next round, whistles will dictate more of the games.

R'hllor

Monty Williams is on thin ice in Phoenix after tonight. He's taken them as far as he can, even if the roster construction isn't his doing and playing your superstars 40+ minutes per game unless it's a blowout was never going to work.

And Ayton....a soft player in a big man's body playing a big man position. He's a big problem for Phoenix as well.

Denver is locked in and playing good team defense. But we know the next round, whistles will dictate more of the games.
Think he deserves to stay at least for next season when this roster gets filled with it needs, not saying he didnt make mistakes, seems he also had trust issue outside starting 5.

When it comes to Ayton, think there is a lot of bs dropping at his door, when you see whole picture starting from not getting a initial contract.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Half time and time out shows are always funny to me specially when the home is getting blown out. How tf do the "fans" find the energy to dance and laugh ?
Second season in a row where the Suns get destroyed in an elimination game at home

R'hllor

They're absolute idiots in my book. Some of them base it on racism (Perkins for instance).
Not gonna comment on that but when you use shit like eye test, advanced stats while ignoring traditional stats etc. its a sign of certain viewer type. Media also not helping because its easier to sell simple washed narratives around basketball.

edcunited1878

Think he deserves to stay at least for next season when this roster gets filled with it needs, not saying he didnt make mistakes, seems he also had trust issue outside starting 5.

When it comes to Ayton, think there is a lot of bs dropping at his door, when you see whole picture starting from not getting a initial contract.
It's hard to see how much better the roster will improve, knowing it needs 2 wing players and quality depth. And CP3 is a year older.

Franchise doesn't totally believe in Ayton, it's very clear and he doesn't command the respect due to his inconsistency or whatever else.

kouroux

Not gonna comment on that but when you use shit like eye test, advanced stats while ignoring traditional stats etc. its a sign of certain viewer type. Media also not helping because its easier to sell simple washed narratives around basketball.
I understand why you wouldn't but you surely didn't miss the recent MVP discussions between Perkins and Reddick.

R'hllor

I understand why you wouldn't but you surely didn't miss the recent MVP discussions between Perkins and Reddick.
Whole Perkins thing was pure bonkers, ESPN is the worse, at least on FS1 there some comedy compared to them but stat padding shit with him being white as a reason, with stating how voters are white/racist in huge majority while screaming its a fact turned whole MVP discussion into something really ugly.

kouroux

Whole Perkins thing was pure bonkers, ESPN is the worse, at least on FS1 there some comedy compared to them but stat padding shit with him being white as a reason, with stating how voters are white/racist in huge majority while screaming its a fact turned whole MVP discussion into something really ugly.
Tbh, there are so many YouTubers who produce unbiased and quality content, the main media should be ashamed of themselves

R'hllor

It's hard to see how much better the roster will improve, knowing it needs 2 wing players and quality depth. And CP3 is a year older.

Franchise doesn't totally believe in Ayton, it's very clear and he doesn't command the respect due to his inconsistency or whatever else.
Whats their cap space without trading anyone

TheBest

SPNTBP
I think now almost everyone has curry higher than Durant on their list right? Cant think of any argument.

R'hllor

Tbh, there are so many YouTubers who produce unbiased and quality content, the main media should be ashamed of themselves
100%, no doubt, everything spins around big markets ( i get it why ) for them but its such a limited safe approach, there are so many good stories around and thats even without talking about basketball in real sense.

R'hllor

Just stumbled on a gem, Wilbon asking someone from Suns bench to laid Jokic out in prev. game, even thouu Bruce Brown was more agressive, he seems mad.

R'hllor

Whats the fecking point by Embiid coming out in public QQing about how he didnt touch a ball in last 4 minutes before game 7, call Harden out (i guess) in a locker room. This whole quick drawn throwing others under the bus, so nobody blames him getting a bit old. Harden wasnt bad bad in this series.

Embiid is such a monster of a player but damn the way he comes out sometimes is just a head scratcher.

kouroux

Whats the fecking point by Embiid coming out in public QQing about how he didnt touch a ball in last 4 minutes before game 7, call Harden out (i guess) in a locker room. This whole quick drawn throwing others under the bus, so nobody blames him getting a bit old. Harden wasnt bad bad in this series.

Embiid is such a monster of a player but damn the way he comes out sometimes is just a head scratcher.
He did it with Ben Simmons but this is worse as there is a game 7. Dirty laundry should never be aired like that, it's your teammate, the series isn't even over

Last edited:

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
As expected, this team just can’t compete when we’re so top heavy and one of them just can’t be trusted to stay fit. It’s frustrating to see the same issues as last year and the team decided to go even too heavy and gave up on depth even more when trading for KD

No surprise our offensive plays went stagnant once Wilkie Green left, he’s clearly the brains behind Monty. If James Jones doesn’t get us a replacement offensive coach, Monty needs to leave because he sure ain’t getting the best out of this team.

Our championship window was supposed to follow Booker’s timeline, but instead we just went all in to win within CP3’s window instead. It’s bloody insane :lol:

And our fanbase is weird, they’ll never be satisfied with Ayton unless he starts playing like Gobert, despite his actual game being very different to it.

Last edited:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
What happened to the Suns?
Traded away all their depth for KD then never had him healthy enough for him to gel then lost Chris Paul to his usual playoff injury. They bet KD could still be the best player in the world and he wasn't. Booker was miraculous in games 3 and 4 and they barely won those...

Real Name

Traded away all their depth for KD then never had him healthy enough for him to gel then lost Chris Paul to his usual playoff injury. They bet KD could still be the best player in the world and he wasn't. Booker was miraculous in games 3 and 4 and they barely won those...
I'm convinced Clippers would have beaten them if they had PG and Kawhi healthy. Hell they gave Suns a game in 3 games (was it) without Kawhi.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I'm convinced Clippers would have beaten them if they had PG and Kawhi healthy. Hell they gave Suns a game in 3 games (was it) without Kawhi.
Oh yeah, I think everybody believes that too. But then again Kawhi and PG haven't been reliable from a health pov for a while now, so...

Same as CP3 really. You know at one point in the playoffs he'll get hurt

Second season in a row the suns are down 30+ at HT at home in a elimination game...mmmmmh

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Well my diminished Wolves didn't do too bad after all. :angel:

Ladron de redcafe

Son of Kobe making daddy proud. Philly offense was trash in the fourth. Game 7 should be fun.
Shot like Kobe as well with the 5-21 FG%:D

I think now almost everyone has curry higher than Durant on their list right? Cant think of any argument.
I don't see a strong argument for Durant anymore. Steph lead the Warriors to the title last year when they had no business winning it. And Durant has struggled without the Warriors (understandable given his injury).