NBA 2022-2023

TheBest

SPNTBP
This is really disappointing for the Lakers, could easily have won the game. LeBron missed 2 easy layups and the open dunk (+all these misses from downtown), AD not on it in the offense today. And then Murray with an simply outstanding 4th quarter to decide it. Don't think it's over but feel like the Lakers should really have won one of these two in Denver.
I think lebron is just old/injured. If he was even remotely close to how he was few years ago, lakers win this game easily. He should stop shooting threes.
Also I think nuggets are not that good. They are bad defensively. Dont think they would be contending for championship in the past, with this defense. League just lacks a truly great team.

Last edited:

Ladron de redcafe

I think lebron is just old/injured. If he was even remotely close to how he was few years ago, lakers win this game easily. He should stop shooting threes.
Also I think nuggets are not that good. They are bad defensively. Dont think they would be contending for championship in the past, with this defense. League just lacks a truly great team.
I think it's fatigue. He took 4 consecutive threes in the 4th quarter rather than attempt to run a play. Players tend to settle for those shots (even when they're struggling) when they're tired.

The solution would be to optimize his minutes but old habits die hard and coaches tend to put their trust in their best players even if they're overplaying them.

The Lakers could have easily won one of the first two games and it came down to a few missed or made shots. But they're in a two game hole here and they need to win the next two at Crypto, or it's difficult to see them winning the series.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
That was a fantastic game. Crazy that the two LeBron missed layups were the difference.

Think the games have been so close so far that there’s no reason to assume it’s over. No-one will be shocked if the Lakers win the next two.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I said it earlier in the season. The lad's never going to be a superstar but he's a great complimentary player and every so often gives you a game like this.
He's playing like a superstar in these playoffs after playing like a superstar in the bubble

Anyways we're winning the next 2, this is going 7. Neither team is gonna win on the road until game 7, and we do appear to have found a way to slow Jokic down (which is the same thing Boston did against Embiid in games 6 and 7 too)

slored1

If the Nuggets win it all, I might have pulled off my best bet of my life. In late June I put 5 € on Denver to win championship and Embiid to win MVP. Looking pretty good so far.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
How are the fellow Europeans watching these 1/2am start times?!
I've got the league pass on nba.com which I can't recommend enough, you get every single game (even from previous seasons), great quality and it's only €15.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
That was a fantastic game. Crazy that the two LeBron missed layups were the difference.
That's from the Lakers POV, I'm sure a Nuggets would say if Murray shot decently in the first 3 quarters then the story would also be different

He's playing like a superstar in these playoffs after playing like a superstar in the bubble

Anyways we're winning the next 2, this is going 7. Neither team is gonna win on the road until game 7, and we do appear to have found a way to slow Jokic down (which is the same thing Boston did against Embiid in games 6 and 7 too)
Boston slowing down Embiid and the Lakers slowing him down are so different. Jokic has a lot better basketball IQ

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
I've got the league pass on nba.com which I can't recommend enough, you get every single game (even from previous seasons), great quality and it's only €15.
And you can watch it whenever you like, either the full game or 35-40 min highlight versions (with all of the fat taken out), without the score ruined. Great product.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Boston slowing down Embiid and the Lakers slowing him down are so different. Jokic has a lot better basketball IQ
true, but the strategy is the same. Boston went with 2 bigs, one on him and one to help, lakers are going big with Vanderbilt/Rui/LeBron on Jokic and AD as help, both trying to double at every oppprtunity or funnel him to the help

the difference is Jokic delivers 12 assists with this strategy, but at least he doesn't drop 40+ on you and can be forced into turnovers

PaulScholes99

Just finished my bachelor studies, only working a few hours at university as teaching assistant right now and preparing myself for my master studies. So for me the perfect timing and probably the only time i can ever watch the NBA playoffs live. But the gamepass option that somebody wrote about sounds very nice! Will probably buy it for next year.

R'hllor

You did win by the way. ;)
Yea but tbh, no amount of wins can change my views of him, as long they buy into his 3 liners, Denver might see some success but he is Jose Mourihno without tactical knowledge of the game. Him and JG = JM and Matic (or any other non performing veteran), triggering my PTSD.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
true, but the strategy is the same. Boston went with 2 bigs, one on him and one to help, lakers are going big with Vanderbilt/Rui/LeBron on Jokic and AD as help, both trying to double at every oppprtunity or funnel him to the help

the difference is Jokic delivers 12 assists with this strategy, but at least he doesn't drop 40+ on you and can be forced into turnovers
Better supporting cast for Jokic too. You're right on the tactical adjustment needed

R'hllor

Having Jokic 12 assist is not slowing him down, their win % when he has triple double is sky high. There is a reason why most saying how him being a scorer only increases chances for Denver to lose, you close lanes towards others = less opportunities to make them better.

Right now best chance for Lakers is Gordon, he looks lost in attack in game 2, in game 1 when they placed AD off Jokic, he kept standing in dunker spot and Jokic keeps forcing that pass to him, dunno is he trying to make him engaged or what.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I pick and choose the games I think are worth staying up for. Sometimes I just happen to be awake anyway so I'll watch the first half or so. A game 7 I probably would stay up for but only if tip off is 12am-1am. Any game that starts after 1am I typically don't bother with unless it's a title clincher in the finals.

I work from home and have flexible start time so I can sleep in sometimes and then work till 6-7pm.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Having Jokic 12 assist is not slowing him down, their win % when he has triple double is sky high. There is a reason why most saying how him being a scorer only increases chances for Denver to lose, you close lanes towards others = less opportunities to make them better.
He's getting those assists anyways, and we're relying on Hachimura and Reaves to produce like superstars to hang. We're not the Suns, Jokic scoring 50 isn't good for us we don't have two guys who can score 40 each

redcucumber

And you can watch it whenever you like, either the full game or 35-40 min highlight versions (with all of the fat taken out), without the score ruined. Great product.
Do you need to sign up with a VPN? Sounds great - will take a look.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
If he wants a 4 year max, he can respectfully kick rocks. Let Philly or some other team tie themselves to that albatross contract. On a more favourable, team friendly deal though, I’d have him back on the condition that he understands and accepts his role on this super young rebuilding team. It can’t be the Harden show way it used to be.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
What the Heat are doing is genuinely hard to explain
Get where are you coming from but they do have one of two top performers in these playoffs and by far the best coach. I mean, even last season they were 1 game away from the finals.

Forget regular season, this team is all about the playoffs. They also obviously feed from being an underdog.

redcucumber

Why would anyone want to torture themselves by watching a game of basketball live?
What's the proper way to watch games? Highlights are terrible for basketball I find. You don't get a feel for the shift in momentum so you're just watching them get buckets and the score go up a bit.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
What's the proper way to watch games? Highlights are terrible for basketball I find. You don't get a feel for the shift in momentum so you're just watching them get buckets and the score go up a bit.
This. Polar opposite of football where extended highlights are decent. They’re pointless for Bball