NBA 2022-2023

R'hllor

Did you see ESPN's ridiculous analytics about the Heat's chance of beating Boston prior to Game 1 ?
Part of it, heard about it, they are bunch of jokers, cancer to NBA following, remove JJ and Legler and they have zero talk about basketball, everything is out of context, baiting and farming clicks.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Part of it, heard about it, they are bunch of jokers, cancer to NBA following, remove JJ and Legler and they have zero talk about basketball, everything is out of context, baiting and farming clicks.
Legler is also a clown, he doesn't watch the Wolves but make analysis about them.

Zen

To be fair, I totally laughed off the retirement stuff until I actually watched it.... I mean, I still do laugh it off, but I get his reasons for being where he's at. But he'll rest up and go again still, no way he's going out on a sweep, nor are you convincing he's not playing until he's 40, something I've said since he's been 30... although this is arguably the first time I've thought he may not want to one up Brady in the legendary old run thing.

Also, something I always like to look out for, regardless of everything, mad props for him from going for instinctively fishing for a foul and some free throws at the end to no avail into congratulating Jokic and the Nuggets almost instantly.

His big problem, as mad as this sounds, is that he's stuck with AD.... LeGM needs to get to work and get Giannis. Not that I actually want this.

mav_9me

Jokic in the finals :drool: that shot over James as time expired in the 4th, ridiculous :lol:

Credit to James though, played 48 minutes at the age of 38 and came up with 40 points. Couldn't will his team to a win.

EDIT: The shot was actually over Davis, which makes it more impressive!
Wtf? That's insane. While AD played 40 mins.

JPRouve

Scout
I have to be honest a few days ago I made a point about how someone like Vanderbilt was finally recognized as a good player just because he was under the Lakers lights. But the flip side is Russell or Westbrook, when they get there and people see what they actually are, the press gets on their back and doesn't let go. :lol:

Last edited:

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
That shot left me gobsmacked tbh, the refs wanted to give it as a 2.
Lebron is an amazing, one a kind athlete. The GOAT in terms of durability
That's Kareem. Missed 80 games in 20 seasons... better yet, averaged 78 games played per year. Dude in his late 30s into early 40s barely missing games.

JPRouve

Scout
That's Kareem. Missed 80 games in 20 seasons... better yet, averaged 78 games played per year. Dude in his late 30s into early 40s barely missing games.
And the most impressive thing was that it wasn't at a low level. During his last season per 36 he averaged 16 points, 7 rebounds and 2 blocks.

Ladron de redcafe

Karl Malone missed a total of 10 (!) games in his first 18 seasons. Until he went to the Lakers as an aging player, he never played less than 80 games (except for the 99 lockout year when there were only 50 games).

In a 9 season stretch from 1989-90 to 1997-98 (his last finals trip against Jordan in his last dance), Malone missed 2 ( :lol: ) total games.
82 games played across the board except for 2 seasons when he had the temerity to finish with 81.

He's the most durable player ever.

R'hllor

Legler is also a clown, he doesn't watch the Wolves but make analysis about them.
Most of them dont watch, just talking out of their arses and act surprised later.

This is not related only for Jokic, its for every small/mid market, there are good stories among them, something worth of give a bit promotion and who knows maybe in few years those markets wont be that small or mid.

JPRouve

Scout
Most of them dont watch, just talking out of their arses and act surprised later.

This is not related only for Jokic, its for every small/mid market, there are good stories among them, something worth of give a bit promotion and who knows maybe in few years those markets wont be that small or mid.
The thing that irks me the most is the generic and wrong like "The Wolves gave up all their defense and depth.". At least have the decency to say nothing instead of regurgitating talking points that are 3 or 4 years old.

Actually the woman in the middle of the clip you shared talked about the Wolves needing more defense from their starters at a time where the Wolves were top 5 in defense.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I have to honest a few days ago I made a point about how someone like Vanderbilt was finally recognized as a good player just because he was under the Lakers lights. But the flip side is Russell or Westbrook, when they get there and people see what they actually are, the press gets on their back and doesn't let go. :lol:
Kinda hate that I was right

Also I get that taking shots at Westbrook is the thing these days but come on, don't put him and Russell in the same sentence. Westbrook has his flaws but he was a great playoff performer on those early Thunder teams, and he's coming off a great playoff series against the Suns

JPRouve

Scout
Kinda hate that I was right

Also I get that taking shots at Westbrook is the thing these days but come on, don't put him and Russell in the same sentence. Westbrook has his flaws but he was a great playoff performer on those early Thunder teams, and he's coming off a great playoff series against the Suns
Right about what? And I'm talking about press tendencies not the quality of both players, Westbrook and Russell are in two different galaxies.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Right about what? And I'm talking about press tendencies not the quality of both players, Westbrook and Russell are in two different galaxies.
Vanderbilt.

also, press tendencies?

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
JJ is a good analyst, reckon he is with Stephen A. just to get some recognition and followers. His podcast is already much better than anything he does aside from it which is having to go into the debate with the likes of Kendrick Perkins. Hopefully he fecks them off as that must be exhausting for the brain.

JPRouve

Scout
Vanderbilt.

also, press tendencies?
Why are you sorry for being right about Vanderbilt? And the tendency of the press to ignore players when they are in small markets and put a target on them when they are in big markets.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Why are you sorry for being right about Vanderbilt? And the tendency of the press to ignore players when they are in small markets and put a target on them when they are in big markets.
Because we lost. If Vanderbilt could stay on the floor maybe we have an answer to Murray and this series goes differently. Alas...

JPRouve

Scout
Because we lost. If Vanderbilt could stay on the floor maybe we have an answer to Murray and this series goes differently. Alas...
I see. The issue with Vanderbilt is that he isn't a good defensive rebounder and he isn't a reliable shooter. Against a team that is excellent when it comes to offensive rebounding and that decided to play good transition defense Vanderbilt becomes a liability.

The way I see him, is that he is a very good regular season starter and then he has to be an end of bench player during the playoffs, when you are playing agains the best teams in the league. You can only start him against teams that have weak offensive rebounding.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I see. The issue with Vanderbilt is that he isn't a good defensive rebounder and he isn't a reliable shooter. Against a team that is excellent when it comes to offensive rebounding and that decided to play good transition defense Vanderbilt becomes a liability.

The way I see him, is that he is a very good regular season starter and then he has to be an end of bench player during the playoffs, when you are playing agains the best teams in the league. You can only start him against teams that have weak offensive rebounding.
His lack of offensive threat is the bigger issue. You simply can't get away with playing 4on5 on offence in the playoffs. If he could shoot we could have tried some LeBron-Reaves-Vanderbilt-Rui-AD lineups, put Vanderbilt on Murray and hope to at least slow him down. At the very least having size to throw at Murrat even ad help might have worked

Lost in all the Jokic adulation, laughs at the Lakers and compliments to the Nuggets is the fact Murray was absolutely terrifying and the reason this was a sweep. He was just as good in this series as Jokic

Jim Beam

Lost in all the Jokic adulation, laughs at the Lakers and compliments to the Nuggets is the fact Murray was absolutely terrifying and the reason this was a sweep. He was just as good in this series as Jokic
Yeah, he was amazing.

32.5 pts 6.3 rebounds 5.3 assists 2.8 steals 0.5 blocks

On 52/40/95 percentages

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He went for 57 points on 21/31 shooting across the second half of game 2 and the first half of game 3. The Nuggets scored 118 points as a team. Jokic went 5/19 for 12 points and 11 assists during

Without Murray playing like he did during that stretch this would be 2-2 right now and going back to Denver

PaulScholes99

That 2nd half is a statement by the Celtics that they are not dead yet. They really, really dominated the game after the break. If they can follow up with another win in TD garden the Heat will begin to think as they then have a must win game in game 6 to avoid the game 7 in Boston. Think this series could get really interesting now.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
That 2nd half is a statement by the Celtics that they are not dead yet. They really, really dominated the game after the break. If they can follow up with another win in TD garden the Heat will begin to think as they then have a must win game in game 6 to avoid the game 7 in Boston. Think this series could get really interesting now.
ESPN are probably going to have Celtics as firm favorites to take the series now.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
More likely a 4-1. Heat had an off night.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
More likely a 4-1. Heat had an off night.
I do see a tiny chance of Celtics getting it to 3-3 or even winning the series but I wouldn’t read too much into last night’s game. Heat had comfortable lead in the first half and just did not come out in the third quarter. They’ve already won twice in Boston, won twice in Milwaukee and won at MSG so even if it goes to 3-3 they won’t be dead by any means. There’s a reason why teams trailing 3-0 are 0-148.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
Teams are 0-150 when they go down 3-0 in the entire history of the NBA playoffs, and on only 3 of those 150 occasions did the team down 3-0 even force a game 7. What you're suggesting is not impossible, but it's highly unlikely.

Jim Beam

Boston Red Sox vibes?

The Celtics will regret not taking one of those first 2 games in the Garden. Spoelstra and Jimmy of all people are not letting 3-0 lead, although it might at least get a bit interesting if the Celtics win game 5. Jaylen Brown is also on some shooting spree, 3-25 for 3pts so far in the series. But, tbf the rest of the team shoot the lights out and the Celtics defense finally showed up. One weird team though, you never know which version will come out.

For some reason seeing Blake Griffin on their bench always cracks me up. Somehow keep forgetting he is on their roster.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
Boston Red Sox vibes?

The Celtics will regret not taking one of those first 2 games in the Garden. Spoelstra and Jimmy of all people are not letting 3-0 lead, although it might at least get a bit interesting if the Celtics win game 5. Jaylen Brown is also on some shooting spree, 3-25 for 3pts so far in the series. But, tbf the rest of the team shoot the lights out and the Celtics defense finally showed up. One weird team though, you never know which version will come out.

For some reason seeing Blake Griffin on their bench always cracks me up. Somehow keep forgetting he is on their roster.
I was actually thinking about the Red Sox v Yankees when both these series went to 3-0 and the possibility of something similar happening for the first time in basketball, but baseball is such a different sport. I'm not sure it's possible with hoops but you never know.

Revan

Assumptionman
Has any 3-0 series ever go to 3-3? I know that a team leading 3-0 has never lost a series, but have they ever been at risk of losing it (getting it tied 3-3)?

Jim Beam

Has any 3-0 series ever go to 3-3? I know that a team leading 3-0 has never lost a series, but have they ever been at risk of losing it (getting it tied 3-3)?
3 times. Every time the team who had 3-0 lead also had home court advantage in game 7.

Year and seriesLoser
after trailing 0–3
Winner
after leading 3–0
Note(s)
1951 NBA Finals ~New York KnicksRochester Royals*
1994 Western Conference Second RoundDenver NuggetsUtah JazzNuggets also overcame a 0–2 deficit to win a best-of-five series in the previous round.
2003 Western Conference First RoundPortland Trail BlazersDallas MavericksTrail Blazers scored a 21–0 run in the third quarter of Game 4 to avoid a 0–4 sweep by Mavericks.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM

Ironically Vanderbilt's ideal setup was to play with KAT. I think he's going to eventually find a setup where he excels, as he's too talented a defender to make nothing of his career. Though I also think the same about Thybulle, and that isn't looking a great call!

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
I do see a tiny chance of Celtics getting it to 3-3 or even winning the series but I wouldn’t read too much into last night’s game. Heat had comfortable lead in the first half and just did not come out in the third quarter. They’ve already won twice in Boston, won twice in Milwaukee and won at MSG so even if it goes to 3-3 they won’t be dead by any means. There’s a reason why teams trailing 3-0 are 0-148.
Celtics are too inconsistent, we've seen it all playoffs. They'll fart away one of the next two games by playing two quarters of 'meh' basketball where Tatum and Brown settle for jumpers and don't drive or pass.

massi83

Why are people using 0-150 stat like it has some meaning? If you want to use some stat, look at pre-series favourites that are down 3-0, and then the sample size is probably a lot less than 20, and statistically meaningless. Not all 3-0 situation are similar at all.