NBA 2022-2023

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Strong indications that Spurs are going to select Wembanyama with no. 1 pick.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
20 ppg at 50% true shooting and negative defense.

Poole is a negative player outside of box score watching ppg
Before the post season fiasco, there was actually talk in the media of a straight swap: Poole for Ayton. To me, that would have been ridiculous from the Sun's POV, but I still feel Poole is worth more than a 38 yr old guy who could possibly be waived.

R'hllor

I am kinda disappointed in CP going to GSW, not saying is a bad move just feel such franchise is tainted now with such cnut among them.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
I am kinda disappointed in CP going to GSW, not saying is a bad move just feel such franchise is tainted now with such cnut among them.
It's a shame we're not playing soccer 'cause now we've got 2 of the best "ball strikers" in the league in CP3 and Draymond.

R'hllor

It's a shame we're not playing soccer 'cause now we've got 2 of the best "ball strikers" in the league in CP3 and Draymond.
Draymond is a gent compared to that dirty feck, not to mentions things i heard about how he used his role as NBPA

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Man feck the fecking Spurs but I wish Wemby all the best. He comes across as a grounded dude.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Lakers are going to have Cam Whitmore fall into their lap aren't they?
I guess not. He keeps sliding. I know he’s had injury problems but he was being projected as a lottery pick at one point. If he falls to us at 20 I’ll be very very happy.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
I guess not. He keeps sliding. I know he’s had injury problems but he was being projected as a lottery pick at one point. If he falls to us at 20 I’ll be very very happy.
There you go.

Great draft for the Rockets. Now lets hope they don't spoil it and give Harden a max.

SinNombre

Multiple good franchises passed on Whitmore so he is likely not this great steal. The only real steals this far down tend to be Europeans or guys from smaller teams.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Multiple good franchises passed on Whitmore so he is likely not this great steal. The only real steals this far down tend to be Europeans or guys from smaller teams.
Teams can be jumpy about injury issues. Last slide like this was MPJ and that worked out alright in the end. As long as he is managed well in his first season I think they will be fine. Sengun is going to have fun with all of these guys who like to cut to the basket.

SinNombre

Teams can be jumpy about injury issues. Last slide like this was MPJ and that worked out alright in the end. As long as he is managed well in his first season I think they will be fine. Sengun is going to have fun with all of these guys who like to cut to the basket.
Isn't the rumour that he also did badly on the interviews and tanked multiple workouts?

ZDwyr

Tainted now? Draymond and Klay are already there though...

Sarni

thank you, mj. welcome to portland, scoot henderson.
Please don’t trade him for OG or whatever.

I think Dame needs to be traded now. We can't waste this opportunity to rebuild.

Last edited:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I like the look of Leonard Miller, he seems to potentially be a good complement for McDaniels.

Sarni

Yeah, the Blazers should have a talk with Dame. The trade is probably best option for both sides.
It makes zero sense to keep him and Scoot as it will hurt his development, and it also makes zero sense to "try and get the final piece to help Dame win the chip" because that's just not going to happen. Scoot is a superb talent by all accounts, so is Sharpe, we have our backcourt under control for the next 8-9 years and can't squander that just so we can win 45 games. There'll be growing pains, there'll be some awful seasons in the meantime but as we've seen with many teams of recent years, those rebuilds don't take all that long if you have the right foundations which we seem to already have. Scoot could easily be on the same level as Ja (and not have the same character issues, hopefully), Sharpe can explode anytime, then you have Little/Simons and other pieces drafted recently, there's really a way to turn this into a .500 team within 2-3 years and take it from there.

Just let Dame pick the team he wants to join, get the best package possible and move on. Really no other way to go about it.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
There you go.

Great draft for the Rockets. Now lets hope they don't spoil it and give Harden a max.
Thanks. I'm excited.

If we were interested in giving Harden a 4 year max he would have been in Houston already I think. We're sensibly staying away from that potential albatross contract. I would take him on a 2 year max though.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
This is my first NBA off season, is it too early to say who the big winners and losers are? Who’s going to be contenders next year?

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
No idea if this is a hot take or not but I think Miller > Scoot will be looked at in the same light as Trae > Luka in a few years.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
It makes zero sense to keep him and Scoot as it will hurt his development, and it also makes zero sense to "try and get the final piece to help Dame win the chip" because that's just not going to happen. Scoot is a superb talent by all accounts, so is Sharpe, we have our backcourt under control for the next 8-9 years and can't squander that just so we can win 45 games. There'll be growing pains, there'll be some awful seasons in the meantime but as we've seen with many teams of recent years, those rebuilds don't take all that long if you have the right foundations which we seem to already have. Scoot could easily be on the same level as Ja (and not have the same character issues, hopefully), Sharpe can explode anytime, then you have Little/Simons and other pieces drafted recently, there's really a way to turn this into a .500 team within 2-3 years and take it from there.

Just let Dame pick the team he wants to join, get the best package possible and move on. Really no other way to go about it.
I was so sure you were trading the pick away for a win now player but you must be elated. If Portland were unsure of which direction to go in before the draft, Scoot falling to them should make it clear for them, as you say.

JPRouve

Scout
No idea if this is a hot take or not but I think Miller > Scoot will be looked at in the same light as Trae > Luka in a few years.
It's not a hot take, it's the most popular take. The only rational that I have seen for this is that the Hornets have Lamelo Ball which on paper means that they don't have room for Scoot Henderson. In this particular case I can understand it since they are both on ball players but they could have fleeced someone for that pick or maybe they should have tried to trade Ball and gamble on a team built around Scoot.

As an example Ball to Toronto for picks and Anunoby?.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
It's not a hot take, it's the most popular take. The only rational that I have seen for this is that the Hornets have Lamelo Ball which on paper means that they don't have room for Scoot Henderson. In this particular case I can understand it since they are both on ball players but they could have fleeced someone for that pick or maybe they should have tried to trade Ball and gamble on a team built around Scoot.

Yeah they definitely passed on a chance to revamp their franchise and add draft capital if that's the rationale for choosing Miller. Not unsurprising from a horribly run franchise like the Hornets but still, missed opportunity.

JPRouve

Scout
Yeah they definitely passed on a chance to revamp their franchise and add draft capital if that's the rationale for choosing Miller. Not unsurprising from a horribly run franchise like the Hornets but still, missed opportunity.
To be fair, it could work. Lamelo Ball is very good and pairing him with someone as talented as Miller is supposed to be could see them turn into a very good team. The issue that I have with Ball is that he has missed a third of his NBA career due to injuries and he is eligible for an extension this summer, do you give him a max contract? And if you don't, does he think about signing somewhere else?

Sarni

Drafting for fit is one of the most ridiculous things you can do when you are a bad franchise, especially as Scoot could surpass LaMelo soon.

Sarni

Toronto would want like 3 unprotected firsts on top of no. 2 for Anunoby, Masai is obsessed about the idea of winning the trade (unless he's trading for Poeltl). Portland tried dealing with them but they were apparently treating no. 3 as a throw-in and wanted Sharpe, Simons and more picks to discuss Anunoby/Siakam.

You just take Scoot and try to work it out. Ball is quite tall, he could work as a SG/SF and if not, you just trade him or Scoot later.

Last edited: