Neville confirms what we knew all along

flappyjay

It generally just turns into a list of players people don’t like - hence Maguire being on a couple of lists above when I’d be astonished if it was him.
Rooney used to be blamed for the leaks, he left and we still got line ups early and other leaks. Martial would be one of the suspects if he wasn't on loan. Who is to say there is isnt an important member of the backroom staff who has been around for a while who feeds the journalists.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
My favourite part was when he said "Manchester United fans are patient" :lol:

He's as usual right on the other things, though.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Haha, as if someone who's been happily leaking info for years is going to be scared off by Gary Neville.
The threat of exposure might put the wind up them somewhat, but they'd have to believe Neville legit knows who they are first. I wouldn't be surprised if he did know something, though. He's well-connected within the game and the various media circles.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
My favourite part was when he said "Manchester United fans are patient" :lol:

He's as usual right on the other things, though.
To be fair the match going fans are. We should have been booing this side out of the ground a long time ago.

Imagine in Spain or Italy we put up some of these performances? Madrid fans would be chasing them out of the stadium ffs.

I do think part of that has allowed our standards to slip a little. I saw the Bayern CEO recently said that the crowd booing Leroy Sane, actually gave him a wake up call/reality check. He turned his performances around at that point.

Now i'm not saying our fans need to become toxic or abusive, but sitting there happily clapping along and singing the players names while we get stuffed isn't exactly helpful.

They'lll just post "sorry, bad day - we go again next time" and forget about it.

flappyjay

Wasnt the story back then its Rio who's leaking info?
Then it was Rooney. Now it's lingard even though we were still getting line ups early whilst he was at westham. So the number 1 suspect is Luke Shaw. It's a witch hunt that focuses on our least liked squad members and I hate it. Rashford wasn't my favorite of the Martial, Mason, Marcus trio but I still hate to see his name get thrown in there too.

flappyjay

Out the Judas or forever keep your mouth shut. Next thing you know innocent players are getting booed when they get subbed.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
To be fair the match going fans are. We should have been booing this side out of the ground a long time ago.

Imagine in Spain or Italy we put up some of these performances? Madrid fans would be chasing them out of the stadium ffs.

I do think part of that has allowed our standards to slip a little. I saw the Bayern CEO recently said that the crowd booing Leroy Sane, actually gave him a wake up call/reality check. He turned his performances around at that point.

Now i'm not saying our fans need to become toxic or abusive, but sitting there happily clapping along and singing the players names while we get stuffed isn't exactly helpful.

They'lll just post "sorry, bad day - we go again next time" and forget about it.
Yeah, i'm aware, and it's great, but unfortunately most of us foreigners mostly see the whiners on the Caf and other social media, and they are sad spoilt people, most of them atleast.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yeah, i'm aware, and it's great, but unfortunately most of us foreigners mostly see the whiners on the Caf and other social media, and they are sad spoilt people, most of them atleast.
I think that's just the modern way these days - every fan is the same. Nobody has patience when it comes to sport anymore.

It also adds to the frustration that our 2 biggest rivals have over taken us, while we seem to be messing around trying to figure out how to fix it.

It's been a frustrating few years that's for sure.

choccy77

No doubt all will be revealed in Phil Jones' autobiography.

Failing that, I'm sure Jesse will release a pop up book one day.

UnsungHero

Monitoring the preparation of the Vidal bid
Seconded. The influence and connections he has with tier 1 journos like Henry Winter and the power he holds compared to any utd player is huge. I have never seen so many journalists making excuse after excuse, spin after spin for anyone whenever he is criticised and has a bad game.

The proof is in the pudding. The truth is uncomfortable. It’s uneasy. It’s hard for people to admit it but it’s there out in the open. He’s been shit for over 18 months in performances ever since he became this huge social figure taking on govt. It has taken its toll and swallowed him. You can exactly see when his workrate started to go down. Where is the fire gone ? Where is the smile gone ? Where has the quality gone ? So much so that he can’t even do the basics right.

Multiple people have directly given hints about him. Ole told him to focus on his football in a press conference. Luckhurst has given hints about him. Newspapers lying about him being so devastated after the euros final loss that he couldn’t get out of the bed for a week whilst him jetting off and partying just 2 days after was hilarious. People keep ignoring the obvious and put these players who have proved nothing and achieved nothing on a pedestal. They did the same with Greenwood where his on field and off field behaviour was completely shunned and was already made a hero. The same is happening here and people again will act shocked when Marcus Rashford doesn’t fulfill his potential.
People may not like it, but this is absolutely bang on.

Real Name

Then it was Rooney. Now it's lingard even though we were still getting line ups early whilst he was at westham. So the number 1 suspect is Luke Shaw. It's a witch hunt that focuses on our least liked squad members and I hate it. Rashford wasn't my favorite of the Martial, Mason, Marcus trio but I still hate to see his name get thrown in there too.
Basically a witch hunt yes. Thanks a lot Gary.
Rashford is an easy target cause it goes well with the story of his form going down ever since he started his humanitarian work. So now he gets a bad press about it he leaks the lineup to save his image. Its a cool story and it lives its on life.

Last edited:

United in sin

Many matchday going fans vent their frustrations just like we do online at pubs before and after the games.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
11 players. Do you realistically think we can move on 11 players and then play kids and whoever we buy?
In what world exactly?
They are the problem that needs to be fixed.

I'd be happy if half are moved on in the summer but the board must atleast recognize the problem before they go about fixing it.

AneRu

[/QUOTE]
Nobody knows who it is but Lingard and Henderson are going to feel a lot more unhappy with life given they were both denied moves and are hardly playing.

Rashford has played loads. I just don't get the angle here.

It could be Rashford in the same way it could be any of the players. I just don't think it is him.

Definitely feels like many on here want it to be him though. When you get comments like 'meels on wheels' then I think we all know this isn't a grown up debate.
You keep falling back on playing time as if it's the only source of disgruntlement for a player. Maybe he is just not happy having to play on the right or he is unhappy he is no longer the manager's golden boy. Or he isn't unhappy at all but he has to keep his side of the bargain with the media in order to keep getting good press.

He might not even be the leak but no one is in a position to accuse or exonerate him which makes the zealotry with which you are defending him a bit odd. It's a fact that Rashford's team was briefing against Ole for playing him whilst injured last season so it's not beyond him to be casting the blame on RR, who hasn't done as much for Rashford's career as Ole had done, for his poor performances.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
The media reaction which certain people on here lapped up to not letting Lingard go when a fecking squirrel could see he had to stay due to the Greenwood situation tells you everything you need to know about who is briefing. Henderson/his people are also feeding shit to Luckhurst but that seems limited to just his situation and that particular shit stirrer. Rashford’s folks definitely love to brief excuses as to why he’s performing poorly but I don’t think he’s actively briefing against the club/staff. I’d assume it was Ronaldo’s people that were briefing against Greenwood - we never had any stories around him being selfish until this year - but maybe that was Lingard too. It’s a bit of a shit show which went away for around 8 months last year with Ole but has returned with a vengeance this year. All it does is turn everyone against the whole group when in reality it’s likely a few colossal twats who need outing.

matt23

Man United players - Taking the knee in the fight against discrimination.

Also Man United players - American coach? 'Hahaha Ted Lasso init'

pre Munich Red

A complete absence of leadership in the dressing room or within the first team squad leads to all of this stuff.
Maguire is not up to it, either on the pitch or off it.
Mid-table for this lot under Rangnick and his coaching team.

redmanx

I rest my case ladies and gentlemen. One of our own has taken it upon himself to do a wonderful thing for our community and our fans call it 'meals on wheels'.

Imagine how pathetic your life has to be to post something as evil as that. My word. Appalling.
Like Rashford you need to grow up.

lysglimt

Scout
I doubt Maguire is responsible for leaks both on and off the pitch

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Like Rashford you need to grow up.
I need to grow up? Hahahahaha.

Rashford doing something as wonderful as he's done off the pitch doesn't mean he needs to grow up. He shouldn't be mocked for it either.

'meels on wheels' comment was ridiculous and very distasteful.

stw2022

Many matchday going fans vent their frustrations just like we do online at pubs before and after the games.

Whenever I’ve been to games the discourse in pubs from “match going fans” would make you blush. It really is ironically only online where people are concerned about appearing to be a ‘top red’

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Whenever I’ve been to games the discourse in pubs from “match going fans” would make you blush. It really is ironically only online where people are concerned about appearing to be a ‘top red’
Agree with this. In the LVG era I went to a game with someone I had a good rapport with on another United forum. He was defending LVG with his life online but after a few beers it all came out how he couldn't stand him not just as a person but as a manager but he still kept defending him until the end which seemed pretty weird to me.

Dante

Average bang
If you're talking about the Ronaldo v Maguire stories, it's more likely that the leak is Ronaldo.

The 'leaks' only pile addtional pressure on Maguire. They sharpen the focus on his bad form and make him look like a weak personality. He'll be wll aware of what the fans think of him both online and in the stadium. There's no way he leaked anything that damaging to himself to the media.

In any case, it's all nonsense.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
The only player who we know feeds rubbish back to his agent is Pogba, because his agent then feeds it straight onto social media, and the club have known this for years and just freely tolerated it...even blocked Jose from being allowed to confront it, if Jose is to be believed.

I doubt therefore Pogba is the only one that does it or that its even just one or two. If its ok for one its ok for anyone. It comes from having idiots higher up who are more interested in marketing the football team than building the football team. The attitude feeds downwards. The players know they're more likely to get what they want by playing the PR game than by focusing on impressing the manager.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
You'd have thought a forum that plays so much WW would have figured this shit out by now. :(

United in sin

This

I have experienced the same on matchday.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
If you're talking about the Ronaldo v Maguire stories, it's more likely that the leak is Ronaldo.

The 'leaks' only pile addtional pressure on Maguire. They sharpen the focus on his bad form and make him look like a weak personality. He'll be wll aware of what the fans think of him both online and in the stadium. There's no way he leaked anything that damaging to himself to the media.

In any case, it's all nonsense.
The only nonsense here is your 'conclusion' and 'reasoning'.