Neville confirms what we knew all along

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Who is it then?
It would be libelous to insist I know without presenting evidence. What I suspect is, if you were to look to the core English continent of the squad you would not be far away from the leakers. We are not seeing lots of stuff about Rangnick in the Portuguese or Spanish press, for example. Just think of the journalists who are writing this stuff, who they are close to and its not too hard to fit together.

Here's a concrete example: Edu Aguirre, the Spanish journalist, was at Ronaldo's birthday party with Bruno and Dalot lately. You see him in the photos. He's been close to Ronaldo since Madrid. Have you seen Aguirre write anything about Rangnick? If/when he does you will know its source.

Its often suggested that its one or two players who are not getting games. People have, for example, been throwing Henderson and Lingard's names around. However, say for argument's sake that those two are involved. I would suspect they are not alone. Its very easy to blame players on the fringes. However, the reality is that some fan favourites have to be considered too.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Its definitely one of these.

My pick is Henderson. And Lingard close second. And then Shaw.

Maguire is the only one that i dont think will leak it as he is the captain. Will reflect quite poorly on him. Rashford has a social profile and this will reflect poorly if it is discovered that he is leaking the team line up.
I fully support Rashford off the field ventures but it can be argued he has the most to lose from bad press.

Laurencio

It would be libelous to insist I know without presenting evidence. What I suspect is, if you were to look to the core English continent of the squad you would not be far away from the leakers. We are not seeing lots of stuff about Rangnick in the Portuguese or Spanish press, for example. Just think of the journalists who are writing this stuff, who they are close to and its not too hard to fit together.

Here's a concrete example: Edu Aguirre, the Spanish journalist, was at Ronaldo's birthday party with Bruno and Dalot lately. You see him in the photos. He's been close to Ronaldo since Madrid. Have you seen Aguirre write anything about Rangnick? If/when he does you will know its source.

Its often suggested that its one or two players who are not getting games. People have, for example, been throwing Henderson and Lingard's names around. However, say for argument's sake that those two are involved. I would suspect they are not alone. Its very easy to blame players on the fringes. However, the reality is that some fan favourites have to be considered too.
Not a lot of those these days.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
If Gary knows and its known behind the scenes by a few people then the club surely knows and if the club knows then Rangnick knows. And if that's the case why arnt they doing everything to fk this player or players up? Sell them, drop them to the reserves, think of some devious way to let it be known they are the snake. And if our club knows it then dont other clubs know it and then if they do why would they ever buy or sign that player?
You just answered your own question about why they won't want the names to go public.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
You lot only naming the English players as the leakers. :lol: As if the likes of Eric Bailly are very happy at United and wouldn't leak a thing to the press.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
You lot only naming the English players as the leakers. :lol: As if the likes of Eric Bailly are very happy at United and wouldn't leak a thing to the press.
You would feel the English players representatives are the closest to the English press.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
We need a manager who is the boss - feared and respected by the players who know they can't feck with him. The problem in the past has been that our managers themselves have so many question marks over them that disobedience works.
True. Moyes - That group of players did not respect. LvG - Some respected, some didn't want to put the effort in (sounds familiar). Jose they did at first, but then he decided to go to war with some of them, so lost the players respect. Ole- SOFT TOUCH.

Not a lot of those these days.
I should have said media darlings.

Again, easy to cast around names of fringe players. However, lots of rumours have been doing the circuit emanating from people working for players who's names get sung every week at Old Trafford.

Everyone gobsmacked when Fred pulls the "IT'S ME UNITED, IT WAS ME ALL ALOOOOOOOONG"

Tom Van Persie

No relation
I should have said media darlings.

Again, easy to cast around names of fringe players. However, lots of rumours have been doing the circuit emanating from people working for players who's names get sung every week at Old Trafford.
Yeah and it's easy to just assume it's the English players. Most of the rumours are made up twitter bollocks.

Yeah and it's easy to just assume it's the English players. Most of the rumours are made up twitter bollocks.
You think Gary Neville goes on television and says this stuff based on social media stuff that's made up?

He says in the clip that he's in the room when Sky journalists are getting this stuff and his colleagues are passing it to him. Do we think Gary has resorted to lying to boost the views on Sky's social media content?

As I said, there have been rumours around for a long while. Nobody has to believe it. All I'd say is every single player at Man Utd loves themselves more than they love the club and the fans. We'd all do well to remember that.

UpWithRivers

You just answered your own question about why they won't want the names to go public.
Yeah for sales but what about say Pogba or Lingard for example. Might as well tell everyone what they are like - if it is them

Deery

Dreary
We need a manager who is the boss - feared and respected by the players who know they can't feck with him. The problem in the past has been that our managers themselves have so many question marks over them that disobedience works.
I don’t know they played the gobshite with Mourinho as well..

red4ever 79

You think Gary Neville goes on television and says this stuff based on social media stuff that's made up?

He says in the clip that he's in the room when Sky journalists are getting this stuff and his colleagues are passing it to him. Do we think Gary has resorted to lying to boost the views on Sky's social media content?

As I said, there have been rumours around for a long while. Nobody has to believe it. All I'd say is every single player at Man Utd loves themselves more than they love the club and the fans. We'd all do well to remember that.
How can you not believe it, the evidence is there
1. Line ups frequently leaked well before kick off
2. Coordinated leaks of players not happy with training or not happy with the coaches
3. Coordinated messages after each game of we go again, we MUFC

Classical Mechanic

You would feel the English players representatives are the closest to the English press.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...r-United-vs-Everton-picking-fresh-injury.html

Sportsmail understands that Bailly was also unhappy to be left out of the league and Cup games against Liverpool after manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer opted to play Victor Lindelof alongside Harry Maguire in central defence.

Not saying the article is true but it's just the same as all the other stuff in the press. His agent or team would obviously know how to talk to the press.

Deery

Dreary
Noticed Rashford didn’t interact with Rangnick when he was subbed the other day, might be nothing in it but found it strange.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Neville confirms there a group of Manchester United players leaking line ups, leaking dressing room unrest to the media, doing anything they can to protect their image and brand and that these players are known to the media.

21.00 to 24:30

I am sure we can all hazard a guess as to who they are, however, whoever they are need to be gotten rid of asap. No place for that in our club
Very misleading, Gary literally said in that video that he doesn’t talk to anyone at the club and never has

Laurencio

Fred basically said exactly this in an interview in February 2020:

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/man...ticises-lack-of-unity-vanity-in-dressing-room

Corridor of Uncertainty

I don’t know they played the gobshite with Mourinho as well..
And they probably knew given the choice, the board would side with the players. He wanted rid of Pogba, Martial and Shaw. As soon as the board over ruled him, he was there to be taken the piss out of.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
If Neville knows the culprits then the club knows, anyone leaking team line ups should face disciplinary action.

Deery

Dreary
And they probably knew given the choice, the board would side with the players. He wanted rid of Pogba, Martial and Shaw. As soon as the board over ruled him, he was there to be taken the piss out of.
Always thought it strange that Pogba training video, were Pogba does the over the top greeting to everyone, then tried it with Mourinho and he was having none of it. It’s like he knew Mourinho had enough of his shit and then played the victim to the cameras.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
The culture at the club is just a mess and has been really since Fergie left, it spiralled out of control during the Mourinho toxicity years, and then player power got out of control under Ole.

Now, we have a manager who is actually forcing players to work on tactics, fitness and set individual homework it was always going to be met with hostility by a large number of players because they have basically got away with doing the bare minimum for years.

Corridor of Uncertainty

Always thought it strange that Pogba training video, were Pogba does the over the top greeting to everyone, then tried it with Mourinho and he was having none of it. It’s like he knew Mourinho had enough of his shit and then played the victim to the cameras.
Don't forget the puzzled "me?!" look on his face, as if he was oblivious to it.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
It’s lazy journalism/ punditry. ‘I know who it is’
‘Really? Who is it?’
‘Can’t say’
‘Oh’
In that case then
‘I know who shot JFK’
‘Really? Who?’
‘Sorry can’t say’

This Luckhurst article is probably the most interesting insight into this topic. It also casts strong doubt on Luke Shaw being the culprit.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...man-united-news-reporters-journalism-21182979
I think we have to get away from the idea that its one culprit. Or that its just disaffected players. As I've said, very easy to look at the situation and say it must be X, Y and Z cos they aren't getting games.

The piece you've shared above hints that its more than that. However, nobody will absolutely call it out because nobody is willing to completely burn bridges with these big personalities. As Gary Neville says in his clip: These guys are brands now, in and of themselves. They see United as a platform, in the same way they see Twitter or Instagram. We're just a channel to get their messages out their.

Also we can't blame them for this. The club actively encourages the players to behave this way. We've had people from the marketing department of the club talking openly about how they track sentient and coordinate with players' reps to push narratives. The things we see the players doing, the way the players see themselves and the club, this is the culture that's been created around them. Why would they look at things any differently? When things are going poorly on the pitch their number one concern is to protect their image/brand. That's why we have a culture of excuses. Nobody wants to lose their legions of fans who they are marketing to people for endorsement deals etc.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
If thats the case Woodward should have booted him out the club while he was in control. This would have been a warning to anyone else involved, or may have thought about doing it.
Maybe because our little stars, brands, divas are too valuable, too marketabe, too important, to get rid of. Players know that very well, hence they behave the way they do.
Or, another reason maybe is, our wonderfull BBC (British Boys Club as I call them) at the top of the club don't want to boot players out of the club cause of the fear of backlash from media, social media, players PR, fanboys...
Thinking about it, people at the Club do not have balls. So the players follow.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
He knows nothing about the players who are using the media but it's an easy speculation to make , I very much doubt the Journalists who are getting these so called scoops would be discussing the names with likes of Neville or for that matter any body why would they to be honest it doesn't make any sense.
And that's speculation on your part. Ex Man United player. Big media figure. Not hard to believe he knows.

Abraxas

Why is Gary protecting them if he is so disgusted, so adamant, so convinced these people are causing detriment to the club? Gary seems to have a lot to say without really putting himself out there, which is disappointing.