Neville: The players who are rotten in the dressing room are all on social media

Ranchero

After the Everton travesty, the spotlight is now rightly not on the manager but the players... and Neville has all but outed Pogba, the man who is courting Real Madrid and Zidane.

"I am furious to be honest with you. The fact that he [Ole] has had to go over and apologise for them.
"I have often said that clubs over the last seven years, if you have weeds in the garden you have got to get rid of them, but there is some Japanese knotweed at that football club and it is attacking the foundations of the house and it needs dealing with properly.

"Jose Mourinho, the fans stuck with him, but wanted him out in the end. They are not going to turn on Ole Gunner Solskjaer. Those players now, well and truly, their heads are on the line.

"I watched Man City yesterday, which Man Utd are trying to get to in terms of the top of the Premier League and Liverpool. Bernardo Silva, Raheem Sterling, Kevin De Bruyne, David Silva... far better players than are in that Man Utd team who work twice as hard.

"Running 4km further in the first half... EVERTON!

"And you look at this mob out here, Liverpool, our biggest rivals, they die for every single inch on the pitch and Man Utd players, honestly, it is embarrassing just watching those out there today. I am absolutely furious. Full belief in Ole to do what he needs to do, I obviously will support him, but it is a big problem.

"I have to say that performance today was rancid."

Asked about naming names about the players that are rotten in the dressing room... he added: "I won't name names. Everybody know who they are. They are in the newspapers every single day, they are on social media every single day.

"Every single player who does not have the attitude, forget talent. I've maybe for the last 12 to 18 months fallen into the trap of saying they have got potential [Martial anyone?] they have talent. Forget it. If they don't work hard enough they, have the attitude to run around in that shirt, get rid of them.

"I am watching Man Utd on that football pitch, walk around, saunter around, jogging back [he said that about the Barcelona game and Pogba a definite culprit]. I saw it at Barcelona, at the Nou Camp. I don't mind losing games, I don't mind conceding goals, giving passes away, I was one of the best at it, at giving the ball away. But you know something, you do not, whatever you do, drop below the standard of work ethic that is expected at the club, and their falling below it.

"And we got a little bit of bounce when Ole came into the job and everyone was blaming Jose Mourinho, oh he's a bum, he's a bad manager, Jose Mourinho is one of the most successful managers in the last 20 years in football. A great manager. And in the end, he lost all faith in those players.

"I would imagine now the more Ole Gunner Solskjaer watches those players, the more he will be losing faith in them. They are letting him down and they are letting the club down."

Last edited:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He's clearly referring to Pogba except pre kick off he was defending him

Make your mind up Gary

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I agree with him. But it's not just those players. It's half the squad that definitely shouldn't be here.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

Make your mind up Gary
Jose spent 18 months staunchly defending Pogba against every single bit of criticism. Before he lost patience. Pogba has that affect on people.

Kostur

海尔的老板
As per usual he's spot on, especially with the City part. Watch KDB and Silva work their shit off each game. Now compare it with our two superstars in Martial and Pogba. Laughable.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Jose spent 18 months staunchly defending Pogba against every single bit of criticism. Before he lost patience. Pogba has that affect on people.
Switching tact in 90 minutes is a little different to 18 months

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Social media is totally irrelevant to why they're rancid. But yes, his general point is correct.

Zoo

Oh look a picture of Pogba to go with it too. Classic.

LARulz

He was defending him before the match. But I gebuingen believe he means every single player. There isn't one that isn't on social media and not a single player can say they have performed up to the standard expected in the last 2 months

Ranchero

Make your mind up Gary
He is clearly pointing at Pogba... he is the guy everyone looks to. I saw the sauntering in the Barca game... i was similarly furious. He is the poison in the dressing room, as he is the guy everyone looks up to.

Ace of Spades

He is not wrong about the players. The work rate has been an issue for a while now. Time to get rid of the lazy players, the least a player has to do is work hard.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Big changes needed at this club. I am with Neville. Losing is part of sport. It is part of football. But losing due to a lack of effort is unacceptable.

HJ12

Could be Martial too? He was constantly losing the ball then jogging back. At least when Pogba saw the ball being lost in his general area he made an attempt to close down the opposition. Martial on the other hand...

Tony Babangida

I never expected Gaz to be a horticulturist, excellent weed knowledge.

Also he is 100% correct. These players have achieved nothing of note but think they can walk around the pitch like Messi.

Bojan11

Never has a go at the English lads. Is he going to say the same about Rashford and Lingard?

TsuWave

Neville is a failed manager, and has carried a chip on his shoulders about since. Listening to him you'd think managers are infallible.

Granted we have a bag of poor players, but this isn't all them either

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Funny how the host asked is it pogba? And he didn’t answer.

You just want it to be pogba :lol:

He couldn’t exactly blame him today after he was the only one who played up to standard.

I think he’s looking more at Lingard, Rashford and martial tbh

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Pogba, no matter how good a player he is, is like a cancer at this club and he needs cutting out and removing.

He just isnt a United player plain and simple.

Thats not a slant against his ability, or as a person, its just that we dont build teams around the cult of personality, and thats what he is, and thats what he encourages.

Champagne Football

Pogba is a virus that needs to go. Suddenly becomes world class when Mourinho got the boot as a two fingers up at Jose. Then as soon as Zidane flirts - he downs tools again until he forces his way to Madrid, without giving a shit whether his poor performances cost us top 4 or not.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
We would win 10 - 0 without Pogba. 15 - 0 if we kept DDG out as well.

RedIke

The social media stuff is the only part I disagree with him about. It's dumb, and it's 2019. It's not as if the players are posting pictures during matches.

What they do at home on their own time with their phones is fine with me.

But obviously he's spot on a oth everything else. Not good enough.

Ranchero

He couldn’t exactly blame him today after he was the only one who played up to standard.

Pogba in the Barca game was a disgrace.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
So Pogba made every other player run less?

Pogba made our manager set up wrong, again?

Pogba then made our manager sit and do utterly nothing as we were outclassed by a WORSE TEAM?

Nah. Sorry, not buying into this again.

It's Woodward and a tactically clueless manager.

Last edited:

Kostur

海尔的老板

:lol:

Sir Scott McToMinay

There’s no doubt he’s right, even young SAF would’ve struggled with this team.
We have some horrendous players who are stealing a living and have no respect for the club.

Sell em all

SER19

Neville is 100% right. This is not about Neville, or his past, or what you think of him. This is about what he’s saying. Switch on the functional part of your Brain, separate your biases from the current discussion, and engage with it or leave the thread.

He is absolutely right.

Canagel

Yes we're the only team in the world with social media players.