New backup striker?

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Mandzukic is the obvious choice, who has no problem playing on either wing as well. In fact, Madzukic and Lukaku could rotate between RW and ST during the game and they would be very good.

Bestietom

We have strikers in Martial, Rashford, and Sanchez. Even Felaini could play there if needed. What we need most is a top tricky creative winger who can supply our forwards.

Rebecca

I would like to see Chicharito back at United one day but I think that this season we will be fine with the strikers we have now

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
Mandzukic is the obvious choice, who has no problem playing on either wing as well. In fact, Madzukic and Lukaku could rotate between RW and ST during the game and they would be very good.
Mandzukic is great. But rumours are surfacing that Real are looking to get rid of Karim Benzema.

King Karim brings all the benefits & positional flexibility that Mandzukic does as stated in your post. Plus he is faster, more skillful & has 4 UCL trophies to his name.

Kaarel

We have Rashford, we have Martial, even Sanchez can play ST. Why would we bring in some guy in his 30s to deny Rashford game time? Mario Mandzukic scored 5 goals in Serie A last season in 32 games. The season before that he scored 7. Plus the man is 32. He has scored 22 goals in 92 league games for Juventus, nothing special really - just had a decent world cup.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

I feel like we need a target-man type of striker, as back-up for Lukaku. Our way of playing seems to be build around us long-balling it up to our forwards. If Lukaku is out for some reason, i could see us struggle creating much.

Patrick08

I feel like we need a target-man type of striker, as back-up for Lukaku. Our way of playing seems to be build around us long-balling it up to our forwards. If Lukaku is out for some reason, i could see us struggle creating much.
Oh come on. We just kept Fellani.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
This all went a bit quiet, so we'll have to hope Lukaku, Sanchez, Rashford, and Martial IF he stays and IF he fancies it are enough for a hopefully 60 game season!

Red_Ramirez

I agree 100%. The end of last season and the cup final is evident of this.

We'll be screwed again if Lukaku get injured again. Rashford and Martial had their chances at the of last season and failed miserably.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I know I posted this last month, but Giroud.

Giroud is one signing I would make in a heartbeat. Great output for minutes played. Proven in PL, proven as a sub. Great second choice behind Rom, yet good enough to keep the pressure on him. Can even play him up front and Lukaku more to the right at times.

If he ends up at Marseilles for less than £20m, I'll be disappointed.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I know I posted this last month, but Giroud.

Giroud is one signing I would make in a heartbeat. Great output for minutes played. Proven in PL, proven as a sub. Great second choice behind Rom, yet good enough to keep the pressure on him. Can even play him up front and Lukaku more to the right at times.

If he ends up at Marseilles for less than £20m, I'll be disappointed.
giroud would be an ideal back up for us, is he meant to be leaving Chelsea already?

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
giroud would be an ideal back up for us, is he meant to be leaving Chelsea already?
Chelsea supposedly open to him leaving. Not really the type of centre forward you associate with Sarri. Seems Marseille and Atletico are the most likely destinations. I don't understand why we are not interested, when based on last season Sanchez, Rashford and Martial are not capable of standing in for Lukaku.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Chelsea supposedly open to him leaving. Not really the type of centre forward you associate with Sarri. Seems Marseille and Atletico are the most likely destinations. I don't understand why we are not interested, when based on last season Sanchez, Rashford and Martial are not capable of standing in for Lukaku.
I suppose it can happen when a new manager comes in, but even still I didn't think he'd be off so soon. Chelsea are worse than us at the moment for bad transfers.
Yeah I agree, Mourinho likes Lukaku for specific things that the others don't offer, namely winning flick ons and playing with his back to goal.

SparkedIntoLife

Might Rondon be a decent option (ahead of Newcastle)? Good target man, has a 13M release clause supposedly and has been in the Prem for a while. He's not been amazing for West Brom, although he predominantly played in a quite negative Pulis side. His goalscoring record before WBA was really good - 19 in 66 for Venezuela, 20 in 37 for Zenit, 25 in 67 for Malaga etc. His attitude is fairly widely praised too.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
How about Jamie Vardy?
He'd be fantastic in a counter attacking, quick passing, quick moving team.
But our players need multiple touches to control the ball and when they do move the ball, it is very slow.
It's a shame, because Jose love counter attacking football, but he has not used that style of play at MUFC....for some reason.
I'd love to see us going from defence to the ball in the back of the opponent's net, in 10 seconds.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Backup striker is supposed to be reliable and not cost a fortune. Lester would ask for a leg for Vardy. Máxi Gomez from Celta would be a good choice, IMHO and Celta is not in a financial position to refuse offers of 25M€+

SER19

This has to happen now. Realistically if Martial hasn’t trained in 8 days, and mourinho is saying he doesn’t know what’s what, it’s not a player who will be looking teammates in the eye again. He can’t be sold without a replacement. Of course if we sign giroud people will moan and say we sold Martial for giroud, but Martial has dug his own grave and we need to move on.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Mandzukic now that juve bought Ronaldo?
Giroud is a better goalscorer and proven both in England and as a sub importantly. He'd be such a perfect signing, that I cannot understand why there is no smoke for this one.

SER19

Giroud is a better goalscorer and proven both in England and as a sub importantly. He'd be such a perfect signing, that I cannot understand why there is no smoke for this one.
Ya you’re probably right, giroud has long been underrated