New Fantasy Draft: brought to you by Cal? - Round 1 - Match 2

Which team do you think would win Match 2?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
* The aim of the game is to select a team of 11 players from all the current footballers playing who are born on or after June 25, 1987.
* Players chosen will be judged on their careers so far, everything they have achieved, selection should not be based on how good you think they'd become.
* The poll will last for 24 hours

Match 2 - Cling Bak vs Desert Eagle

Cilit Cling Bangers managed by Cling Bak

Meet the team - They're on form and they've got the experience to back it up.

Desert Eagle

Tactics

With Olson and di Maria on the left and Van Der Weil and Chadli on the right the majority of my attacks will expose Cling's narrow formation. Gotze and Ramsey in the middle of the park can pick out passes, make runs and have great engines and an eye for goal. Lukaku and Van wolfswinkle provide the classic big man little man combination and with Richard's lack of awareness in a position he has been shown to be lacking in, should guarantee goals for my front two. Also Cling's main strengths are his pacy wingers. Bojan is also out of position in the middle of the three up top. With no aerial threat and pacy full backs of my own, they are very one dimensional. As opposed to my front six who can all score and create goals.
More details of the teams can be found: https://www.redcafe.net/f7/new-fantasy-draft-completed-teams-327994/

Who's going to win it? Vote now!!

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
My votes up for grabs here lads. Desert Eagle your team looks exposed to the pace, despite you own pacy full backs if your team were caught on the break I think they'd struggle. Also, positionally you can make a case for Richards but he'd definitely cope physically with Lukaku. I think your midfield would attack too much as well.

Valentino

i am so frustrated with my boss. i am picking Cling just because he picked DE

Valentino

:lol:

Seriously though, I think most people would opt for Cling because his players are more established. Your team could be equally or more adept but I'm guessing a lot of people wont know a lot of those players or atleast seen enough of them.
it seems to me that some DE players was picked purely on kinda funny names.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Well, personally I think DE has a better midfield, but all the other players are not very established...

Scrumpet

There are no words
My irrational hatred of Bojan led me to become the only person to vote for DE other than himself presumably. Just thought i should explain myself...

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
I think that basing on potential, DE would have a great chance, but a lot of his players and ones I wouldnt regard as being established talent, whereas CB has a well balanced team.

On the other hand, Valentino voted for CB so I am inclined to go in the opposite direction out of principle...

Cal?

CR7 fan
I think that basing on potential, DE would have a great chance, but a lot of his players and ones I wouldnt regard as being established talent, whereas CB has a well balanced team.

On the other hand, Valentino voted for CB so I am inclined to go in the opposite direction out of principle...
* Players chosen will be judged on their careers so far, everything they have achieved, selection should not be based on how good you think they'd become.

I think that's where DE went wrong...

Valentino

ok. lets have a match then. Let Solius take PS team place in quarter-finals. And PS team may take Solius team place to play you at 1/8finals.

Cal?

CR7 fan
ok. lets have a match then. Let Solius take PS team place in quarter-finals. And PS team may take Solius team place to play you at 1/8finals.
No, you cannot do that, I haven't quite worked out who it would be unfair to, but it just is. :o

Mighty Boosh

Has to be Cling Bak but the 20-2 score is a bit harsh on Desert Eagle, he actually has quite a good team just unlucky with the draw

Valentino

No, you cannot do that, I haven't quite worked out who it would be unfair to, but it just is. :o
So how can we work our issues with walrus? can we have a friendly game or smth?

Cal?

CR7 fan
So how can we work our issues with walrus? can we have a friendly game or smth?
What issues? The rate you're going you'd soon have issues with everyone.

If you can find a mod to setup a poll for your friendly match, you can do what you like.

Valentino

why didnt u hire me then? you would have had players like Holtby in your team, and your team would have been great.

Heffo

CB, as much as I regret adding to the landslide I just don't know some of the players In Desert Eagles team. Also I think he is a bit light weight in midfield with just two players, both of whom are ridiculously talented, but neither strong defensively. I think Muamba and Henderson would disrupt them enough and give the ball to Ozil who would have 3 fast and talented players ahead of him. I could see a large scoreline in favour of CB.....

Valentino

DE have so much talent in it. i only just realized it. can i change my vote?

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Has to be Cling Bak but the 20-2 score is a bit harsh on Desert Eagle, he actually has quite a good team just unlucky with the draw
agreed. Solius and Cling were the two i was hoping to avoid - ive gotten paired against Solius which is annoying, but im still upbeat about the chances, especially with Gibson turning in such a quality performance last night.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
That midfield four would just get battered defensively. Ramsey and Goetze (particularly) are bound to leave space centrally and Di Maria or Chadli aren't going to cover him there, they're all about going the other way.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I think the only suspense left is which player Cling picks to upgrade his team. Di Maria is obviously the most talented player on my team but his front 6 is pretty solid. Does he feel Goestze or Ramsey will be an upgrade on Muamba and Henderson?

GingerPrince11

I think the only suspense left is which player Cling picks to upgrade his team. Di Maria is obviously the most talented player on my team but his front 6 is pretty solid. Does he feel Goestze or Ramsey will be an upgrade on Muamba and Henderson?
If I were him, I would pick either Di Maria or Van der Wiel, who would be a big upgrade to coleman (who really can't defend).

He wont take Gotze or Ramsey, as they more attack minded players, and he doesnt need that.

Brwned

Or Lukaku with Bojan left wing.

Brwned

Is the one that stands out as the worst attacker.

I'd say Di Maria's best balance-wise, Gotze's the best quality-wise and Lukaku brings a bit of both. All of them would be for AJ.

Valentino

I am not sure that getting rid of AJ is the way to go. maybe he should have strengthen def , its really crap. One of the worst defences on this game. Might have real probs next round.

Cling Bak

Hi, I'm Barry Scott
If I were him, I would pick either Di Maria or Van der Wiel, who would be a big upgrade to coleman (who really can't defend).

He wont take Gotze or Ramsey, as they more attack minded players, and he doesnt need that.
Well I don't agree with that and hardly feel Van der Wiel would be an upgrade, big or otherwise.