New Fantasy Draft: brought to you by Cal?: The Big Final

Which team is going to take the big final for the New Fantasy Draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
* The aim of the game is to select a team of 11 players from all the current footballers playing who are born on or after June 25, 1987.
* Players chosen will be judged on their careers so far, everything they have achieved, selection should not be based on how good you think they'd become.
* The poll will last for 48 hours

Final - Cling Bak vs Cal

Cilit Cling Bangers
Manager: Cling Bak

Tactics:
Cling is the Harry Redknapp of Fantasy Football, a wheeler dealer with no need for tactics...just good old fashioned English chutzpah, or something.

Giravanz Cal
Manager: Cal
Assistant manager: Valentino

Tactics:

The Final, it looks like both teams are playing the same formation, 4-2-3-1. The key to this formation is the lone striker upfront, and there lies the biggest difference between the 2 teams.

Chicharito, is one of the hottest striker in the world regardless of age group – another hat-trick the other night, 20 goals for United in his debut season, 17 goals in 24 games for Mexico.

Bojan Krkic, on the other hand has really stagnated at Barcelona in the past couple of seasons – 7 goals in 38 games is poor for any striker, never mind one playing for such a dominant side.

Pato & Mata are probably as good as any in the world slightly behind the main striker. I really think my side will have enough goals in them to win this game.

Tactically, with such attacking fullbacks, Wilshere & Ando will be instructed not to venture forwards too much, and to help deal with the significant danger posed by Ozil.

Bale’s pace will be very important in dealing with Walcott and Wilshere will help out with Uchida against Di Maria.
More details of the teams can be found: https://www.redcafe.net/f7/new-fantasy-draft-final-discussion-331327/

Dr. Dwayne

You'll notice I create the polls in the mod forum to stop jokers posting stupid shite while I make the poll.

Currently you are looking like a douche in the football forum. Cheers.

That or you are deciding who to vote for, in which case I apologize.

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
You are too quick to jump to conclusions young doctor. Here I am trying to work out who to vote for, especially given I haven't heard of half the players....

Dr. Dwayne

hehehe hence my additions.

sorry, jveezy really riled me up that one time. I'm very sensitive about it now.

Plus, in general I am shite at polls.

Dr. Dwayne

You really are liking the no tactics thing, Frosty.

I hope more than just the usual fantasy drafters come out to vote.

I might even vote this time.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Just my $0.02 on player comparison, I've tried to be impartial.

Krul - Sippel = Little between them, Krul recently called up for Holland & Sippel have also made Germany squads.
Coleman - Uchida = Uchida the much more experienced of the two, 39 caps for Japan and recently played in the CL semi final.
Richards - Subotic = Subotic is one of the best young CB in the world, no comparison.
Douglas - Ranocchia = Ranocchia is a key player for Inter, Douglas Franco Teixeira plays for Twente.
Marcelo - Bale = Marcelo is one of the best LB around, Bale has the attributes to play there but haven't been played there too often in recent season.
Henderson - Wilshere = Henderson is an U21 international, Wilshere is having the England side built around him.
Busquets - Anderson = Busquets, well, has won everything there is to win, except the Oscar for his acting on the pitch. Ando still lacks some consistency.
Ozil - Renato Augusto = Ozil was the young star of the WC2010, possibly the best player in the age group. R Augusto led Leverkusen to 2nd place in the Bundesliga.
Walcott - Pato = Pato is Brazil's biggest star now, Walcott, is well, fast and inconsistent.
Di Maria - Mata = Di Maria has settled well at Real, Mata the star of Valencia...
Bojan - Chicharito = As mentioned in my tactics, Bojan has stagnated for seasons, Chicharito is hot, very very hot! :keano:

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
bit of a cheap shot to use the tactics to slag off one of the other team's players!

I vote for Cling due to lack of dirty tricks campaign ;)

Cal?

CR7 fan
bit of a cheap shot to use the tactics to slag off one of the other team's players!

I vote for Cling due to lack of dirty tricks campaign ;)
What can I say, I very much admire Jose's management style. ;)

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
well my honest assesment is that Clings defence is marginally better (playing Bale at left back seems like a major mistake to me) and his midfield is far superior - I would take Cal's front 3 over Clings but it is not enough to make up for deficiencies elsewhere.

Two very good teams and worth finalists, but overall Cling has the more balanced team and it is the outstanding midfield which wins this game for him.

Cal?

CR7 fan
well my honest assesment is that Clings defence is marginally better (playing Bale at left back seems like a major mistake to me) and his midfield is far superior - I would take Cal's front 3 over Clings but it is not enough to make up for deficiencies elsewhere.

Two very good teams and worth finalists, but overall Cling has the more balanced team and it is the outstanding midfield which wins this game for him.
I accept that Cling has a great midfield, but my centrebacks are much much better. How many people actually have seen Douglas play? :confused:

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
on behalf of Cling ...

Meet the team - They're on form and they've got the experience to back it up.

Tim Krul - This season: 22 apps. Total: 66 apps; 10 Netherlands U21 caps.
Recently taken the goalkeeping jersey from Harper at Newcastle, Manchester United fans will recall that including a clean sheet against their boys. 6ft2, 23 years of age, Krul is already proving he can play top level football.

Seamus Coleman - This season: 36 apps, 6 goals. Total: 115 apps; 14 Ireland U21 & Senior caps.
He can play as a right sided defender or midfielder, but the Irishman is set to play in his natural position at the back and make those marauding runs forward that has seen him nominated for PFA YPOY.
Micah Richards - This season: 25 apps, 3 goals. Total: 157, 9; 12 England caps, 1 goal.
Douglas - 87 Eredivisie apps, 6 goals; 2009/10 Eredivisie title. This season: All 540 minutes for Twente in Champions League.
Twente's assassin at the back. He completes a physically imposing central defensive pairing equipped with pace and power.
Marcelo - Real Madrid regular and possibly the best left back in the world this season.

Jordan Henderson - This season: 36 apps, 3 goals. Total: 89, 6.
Two full seasons of PL football under his belt (33 PL apps 09/10) the 20 year old made his England debut in November in this deep lying midfield role and that's also where he's excelled for Sunderland.
Sergio Busquets - Barca regular and possibly the best holding midfielder in the world
Mesut Ozil - 22 German caps, 3 goals; This season: 48 apps, 10 goals and 20 assists for Real Madrid. Werder Bremen 2008-10: 91 apps, 14 goals and 41 assists.

Theo Walcott - This season: 34 apps, 12 goals, 11 assists. Total: 193 apps, 35 goals, 30 assists; 13 England caps, 3 goals.
"One of the most dangerous players I have ever played against." - Lionel Messi, 2010.
Angel Di Maria - Real Madrid regular, nuff said.
Bojan - This season: 36 apps, 6 goals. Total: 161 apps, 40 goals.
At just 20 years old, he's one of my youngest players but one of the most talented. Anyone getting over 30 appearances for this Barca side is a threat. Playing centrally, he'll thrive on the support from wide and Ozil in a deep position.

Can this experience be matched?

Cal?

CR7 fan
A little background on the players:

Sippel - Another product of world class German goalkeeping school, played regularly for the U21s and recently earned a call up for national team; also played a big part in taking Kaiserlautern to a very respectable 7th place in the Bundesliga in their first season back in the top flight.

Uchida - Schalke & Japan regular, key to Japan's success in the Asian Cup 2011 and World Cup run last year. A regular for national team since he was 18 and already has 39 caps for the country ranked 14th in the world. Joined Schalke last summer and has been an important player for them reaching the CL semis and winning the German Cup.

Subotic - Superb pace, strength, incredible aerial ability and a great tackler. Subotic is undisputedly the best young defender in the world (think a younger Vidic). He was key to Dortmund's Bundesliga triumph and there are strong rumours that Chelsea, City and United are all fighting to get him.

Ranocchia - 23 years old Italian international center back, joined Inter Milan in January after the chaotic reign of Benitez and contributed a great deal to turn Inter Milan's season around. He was voted the best young defender and came second in best defender category in 2010/11 Serie A awards.

Bale - PFA Player of the Year. He may have been a controversial choice for the award. But it cannot be denied that he has put in some performances that very few players in the world could better.

Wilshere - He is the PFA Young Player of the Year, and was also named in the PFA Team of the Year for the 2010–11 season. Wilshere is the brightest hope of English football since the breakthrough of Wayne Rooney in 2004. He can play in any role in central midfielder, passing, dribbling, vision, movement, combination play he has it all. Perfect all rounder.

Anderson - Guess there is no need to describe him...

Renato Augusto - Renato Augusto has quietly marshaled an underrated Leverkeusen squad which finished second in the Bundesliga (ahead of Bayern). His pace and touch enables him to create scoring opportunities for both himself and teammates where most other players would be dispossessed. At age 22, he is quite young and seemingly destined for a move to a bigger club, also recently called up by Brazil.

Pato - Brazil's new superstar with 12 caps already at 21yo, also a key player for AC Milan has they regained the Scudetto from Inter this season.

Mata - Star of the Valencia team and full Spain international with 11 caps. Started off as a striker at the Real Madrid academy and developed as winger for Valencia. Mata has managed to master the attributes of both positions, which lets him become a unique attacking weapon.

Chicharito - Little pea :keano:

Valentino

The star power of cal? team is overwhelming. But Galacticos not always make the best team. I aint sure who to vote yet.

By the way though i mentioned as assistant, i take a neutral stand in this game. It was nice of Cal? to sign me for a match vs Phelans Shorts. Cause if he didnt, i would have probably had to use my decisive vote in quarters to eliminate PS and it would have been ugly self -destruction of a beautiful team. Instead thanks to cal? i had a chance to settle the disagreement with PS in semis, and for that i am thankful. But PS was my team. Cal? got this far on his own. I joined just for 1 match. The final is his moment of glory, i have no right to step into it.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Neither team has that strong a defence. It's not surprising that the typical caftard voting has been biased towards attack rather than defence

Valentino

Neither team has that strong a defence. It's not surprising that the typical caftard voting has been biased towards attack rather than defence
you undermine the defences. Cal? teams all 4 are internationals. and Cling has 2 internationals. Richards is a star U-21, not sure who the feck is douglas though.

Valentino

(playing Bale at left back seems like a major mistake to me)
It cant be a mistake. Cause Bale is much better than that shit FB who was there before. FB position was improved. Though that playing him as FB is a waste of Bale talent that is the other thing.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
It cant be a mistake. Cause Bale is much better than that shit FB who was there before. FB position was improved. Though that playing him as FB is a waste of Bale talent that is the other thing.
Bale was a shit defender - didnt Spurs lose every game that he played as fullback or something? He is clearly an attacking player!

you undermine the defences. Cal? teams all 4 are internationals. and Cling has 2 internationals. Richards is a star U-21, not sure who the feck is douglas though.
If you dont know any of the players then your shouldnt be voting :smirk:

Anyway I scouted him so I best stick up for the lad!
Douglas Franco Teixeira - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Played every week for last years Dutch champs and every match of their CL campaign this year - as opposed to the likes of Ranocchia who is just a squad player.
Pitches in with a few goals as well - has attracted interest from all over Europe and is likely to get capped for Netherlands when he gets his Dutch passport!

Valentino

Bale was a shit defender - didnt Spurs lose every game that he played as fullback or something? He is clearly an attacking player!
If you dont know any of the players then your shouldnt be voting :smirk:

Dude as you can see i havent voted yet so. dont blame me for something i havent done.

And Bale loosing every game streak was freakish coincidence. just pure chance of bad luck.

Just like SAF never seen BEBE play before signing him, and the first game BEBE played for first teamin Carling, SAF was away to watch Valencia. so he didnt see BEBE playing again.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Anyway I scouted him so I best stick up for the lad!
Douglas Franco Teixeira - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Played every week for last years Dutch champs and every match of their CL campaign this year - as opposed to the likes of Ranocchia who is just a squad player.
Pitches in with a few goals as well - has attracted interest from all over Europe and is likely to get capped for Netherlands when he gets his Dutch passport!
:nono: Rood, I expect better than made up facts. Ranocchia signed for Inter in the Winter break and played 26 games in the 2nd half of the season, 18 in Serie A and all 4 CL matches they were involved in.

Premio Armando Picchi - Wikipedia

Also, he won the best U23 defender in Serie A award and finished 2nd in the overall best defender award.

Valentino

Yeah Ranocchia is good kid. Most promising defender in seria a. says a lot. Subotic and him are both all stars. impressive partnership.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
fair dos Cal - my bad, just had a quick look on Wiki and didnt notice the amount of games was just since Xmas!

Valentino

By the way are we having end of the season awards? we must have those. I fully expect Lewis Holtby to be nominated in a 'best pick' category

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Dude as you can see i havent voted yet so. dont blame me for something i havent done.

And Bale loosing every game streak was freakish coincidence. just pure chance of bad luck.

Just like SAF never seen BEBE play before signing him, and the first game BEBE played for first teamin Carling, SAF was away to watch Valencia. so he didnt see BEBE playing again.
Vote away, Im just taking the piss as you said something ridiculous like that to me!

and I have no idea WTF Bebe has to do with any of this :confused:

Valentino

Vote away, Im just taking the piss as you said something ridiculous like that to me!

and I have no idea WTF Bebe has to do with any of this :confused:
Nothing it just bad luck for Bebe as it was bad luck for Bale.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
The star power of cal? team is overwhelming. But Galacticos not always make the best team. I aint sure who to vote yet.

By the way though i mentioned as assistant, i take a neutral stand in this game. It was nice of Cal? to sign me for a match vs Phelans Shorts. Cause if he didnt, i would have probably had to use my decisive vote in quarters to eliminate PS and it would have been ugly self -destruction of a beautiful team. Instead thanks to cal? i had a chance to settle the disagreement with PS in semis, and for that i am thankful. But PS was my team. Cal? got this far on his own. I joined just for 1 match. The final is his moment of glory, i have no right to step into it.
Oh come on! Not again! A neutral stand my a**.

Cling Bak

Hi, I'm Barry Scott
I'm hurt, Cling. Really. :(
:lol:

Rood took that from a previous game and adapted it, because he's nice like that.

I didn't have tactics in terms of "Marcelo will push forward" etc. as I saw no point. Marcelo will push forward, everyone knows that.

Cal's comparisons were lovely, but Di Maria is better than Mata and he does a complete disservice elsewhere. Douglas and Richards are powerful and quick, something Hernandez, despite the obvious love in on here (naturally), could struggle against. Despite winning the Dutch league and having CL experience, its sort of a shame Douglas plays in Holland because I feel people aren't as aware of him, particular due to his passport issues meaning he hasn't played for the national side.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
The strength in Clings teams is undeniable, all household names already - Ozil, Busquets, Di Maria, Marcelo, Walcott, Henderson, Richards, Bojan etc

So I am suprised to see Cal winning this to be honest, of course plenty of quality in his team as well and I guess him and his asistant have done a better job of arguing their case!

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I think it's just more to do with more people being interested in the European game than you Rood, his is very La Liga and PL-centric while Cal?'s has more of the better players in Serie A and Bundesliga, there's top quality players in both.

Krul, Richards, Coleman and Henderson are known by more PL followers but I think they're collectively worse than their counterparts.