New Kits 23/24

Real Name

I need to see our new training range, that's what I can wear around unlike the kit.

I like what Ajax did for the new season, just numbers without names and old logo. Imagine our kits having the old Manchester United football club logo. :drool:

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Based off the website. Looks like the Authentic Version ($130) has the stripes:

And the regular version ($90) is plain/dots:

Sidenote: Already starting to grow on me!
That’s so annoying. The subtle stripes make it for me, just a red t-shirt without but who is going to spend £100 on a flipping t-shirt?!! :eek::houllier:

Renegade

The undershirt combo looks hideous. Bring back long sleeves!

With a better looking sponsor this could have been Adidas’ version of the iconic Nike 07-09 kit.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Whats with the different font typesets for the players names on the back? The website shows that horrible gothic style font as well as the more traditional style...

And I'm confused - is it just the players version with stripes? Really prefer it without the stripes myself...

TheReligion

Abusive
Whats with the different font typesets for the players names on the back? The website shows that horrible gothic style font as well as the more traditional style...

And I'm confused - is it just the players version with stripes? Really prefer it without the stripes myself...
The official PL font must be used in the PL but for other competitions you're allowed to have an alternative. So for Europe and domestic cups etc

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I dont know if its because I'm older now but that kit isn't doing anything for me.

MadMike

The authentic kit looks class. The replica looks boring shite.

authentic, above

replica above

It's the first time I see such big difference between replica and authentic kits. Normally there's no aesthetic differences bar the badge (stitched vs printed). The authentics are usually just much better fabrics for the athlete's sake. But here you can see the difference is quite visible on the shirt itself and at the collar and sleeve-ends. They are like two entirely different kits to me.

Authentic: £100
Replica: £65

MUFC OK

Compare our adidas kits the past few years to Arsenals.. seems like way more effort has gone into theirs - like they've tried to create modern classics whilst ours always has at least one element that just looks a bit off.

Spoony

The People's President

authentic, above

replica above

It's the first time I see such big difference between replica and authentic kits. Normally there's no aesthetic differences bar the badge (stitched vs printed). The authentics are usually just much better fabrics for the athlete's sake. But here you can see the difference is quite visible on the shirt itself and at the collar and sleeve-ends. They are like two entirely different kits to me.

There shouldn't be that much difference between the replica and authentic. Seems as if they're wanting consumers to buy the authentic version.l

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
The official PL font must be used in the PL but for other competitions you're allowed to have an alternative. So for Europe and domestic cups etc
Ah, makes sense, thanks.

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven
How can someone not like that United kit. It's beautiful. Might buy one. That Atletico Mineiro one looks absolutely wonderful too.

MUFC OK

authentic, above

replica above

There shouldn't be that much difference between the replica and authentic. Seems as if they're wanting consumers to buy the authentic version. l
I've noticed so many of the modern kits have like textured patterns on the authentic version. The England kit definitely did and yes, annoyingly they look a lot higher quality as a result. I also remember the 2016 shirt looking far far better in the authentic version.

The big idea/challenge for manufacturers is to get fans wearing the shirts casually again and to secure the younger audience. For me personally, if I'm spending £100 I'd rather get something timeless, say the treble shirt, from Classic Football Shirts with an Iconic player name on the back.

3vra

Am I blind or there is not a chance to buy autentic version on United site and they are only selling replicas ?

i prefer the plain version without stripes buuut that Crest looks much better on autentic one

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Stunning kit. Love it.

Got to say, since our red-with-black-stripe disaster, the last few home kits have been excellent.

SATA

Am I blind or there is not a chance to buy autentic version on United site and they are only selling replicas ?

i prefer the plain version without stripes buuut that Crest looks much better on autentic one
Guess you have to wait a little while. Both versions are usually available on the United store site

decorativeed

At first glance, not a fan. Just reminds me of this.

That kit was based on the ones Liverpool wore in the 1960s. Our new kit is based on the one we wore in the 1960s.

Here's the thing. United and Liverpool both wore the exact same jerseys in the 1960s: red Umbro 'Real' jerseys.

No surprise that they look similar. If it makes you feel better, we wore them first!

JohnZSmith27

Both versions are on the Adidas site.

Spoony

The People's President
I've noticed so many of the modern kits have like textured patterns on the authentic version. The England kit definitely did and yes, annoyingly they look a lot higher quality as a result. I also remember the 2016 shirt looking far far better in the authentic version.

The big idea/challenge for manufacturers is to get fans wearing the shirts casually again and to secure the younger audience. For me personally, if I'm spending £100 I'd rather get something timeless, say the treble shirt, from Classic Football Shirts with an Iconic player name on the back.
I think plenty of people wear them casually, whether that's younger people as well? That said they seem to wear them far more in Newcastle. I wouldn't wear one but there are a few classics I'd love to have in collection. When I used to buy them, authentic kits and replicas look identical. I think Umbro might have changed that - the difference in the badges.

Parma Dewol

Really disappointing that. Agree with you in that the authentic kit looks amazing, and the replica just doesn't appeal at all; almost looks like a knockoff. Don't want the replica, can't afford the authentic.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Will have to get the authentic. Nicest kit since 06/07.

Raw

Surprised how good it looks, definitely our best in a long long time. A lot of that is down to no disgusting Chevrolet logo.