New Nani Interview

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
I don't think it's possible to be as creative as he is and be 'consistent' without being Messi/Ronaldo level player.
I'd agree. For me he was as consistent at United as Hazard has been at Chelsea. That's not a ringing endorsement of either of them btw.

If he was scoring or assisting at a goal a game or better, season after season he'd have been a £60m+ footballer and probably ended up in Spain.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
As I said, it's not Nani's fault at all and it has nothing to do with hi as a player. It's the 'would have, should have, could have' discussions that always surround him on the caf every time his name comes up and the amount of people who still dwell on him. To be fair though, reading the thread now I'm happy to be proven wrong.
Fair points.

I was going to reminisce about Nani's time here and how unfortunate it was that his United career effectively was ended by two absolute failures of Manchester United managers but I'll stop myself here. :lol:

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Huge fan of his, never understood the way Moyes treated him.
Moyes is like Rednapp in that respect, you get one chance and your out.

Also like Rednapp he will freeze you out for non footballing reasons as well.

Water Melon

Nani on the right wing was awesome. Nani on the left was decent. Shame it did not work out well for him at United.

MoBeats

Conspiracy Buff
The most frustrating player I can ever remember us having.
Talent was there but he'd hold onto the ball, feck about, then make a shit pass or cross.
I liked the guy but so glad to get him away from us.
Never been as angry watching a player in my life.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
Seems like I was not the only one thinking he was the best player in the euro 2016.

It was a really different experience seeing him play. He had transformed into something new, a guy who put together all his experience from mistakes during his entire career and made something positive out of it. It was a Nani who would not do 1 on 1 if not needed. He would much rather keep the ball within the team. Absolutely brilliant at times. To me he was the real captain of the team.

Dr Baltar

Yes he does seem to have matured a bit. Even for Valencia he is already taking it upon himself to lead the line as they don't have an out and out striker.

To be fair though he has always seemed like a complete model pro so it shouldn't be a surprise.

fecking love Nani & wish he was still here.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I thought he was average in the Euros. Down on pace and most of what he tried didn't come off. But then he was playing out of position and still scoring goals in an incredibly dour team so did his job. Very pleased for him.

Ixion

Always liked Nani, very inconsistent but a good player, some of his goals were amazing. Moyes was foolish to get rid of him.

Never forget his penalty in Moscow, probably had more pressure on his shoulders on that spot kick than any of the other players.

Acole9

Outstanding
Always liked Nani, very inconsistent but a good player, some of his goals were amazing. Moyes was foolish to get rid of him.

Never forget his penalty in Moscow, probably had more pressure on his shoulders on that spot kick than any of the other players.
He didn't, van Gaal did.

criticalanalysis

Anyone been watching Valencia games? How's he been doing?

Edit:

Playing from the left. Same Nani that we used to see. Moments of genuine quality and then some poor decisions/passes. He does seem to be working hard with the pressing though. Surprised about that. Good coaching?

Good assist. Good pressing. Some mistakes. Always good first touch and that dribbling ability. Should have had another assist. Played more on the right.

Goal and assist.

Basically the same Nani we knew if given games and playing in a functional unit. Productive player who will give you moments of quality and depending on the day some bad stuff. More pros than cons.

Last edited:

jem

The most frustrating player I can ever remember us having.
Talent was there but he'd hold onto the ball, feck about, then make a shit pass or cross.
I liked the guy but so glad to get him away from us.
Never been as angry watching a player in my life.
Jesus - If Nani made you angry, then what about Rooney this year and last?

prath92

Valencia are 15th in the league. They aren't a good team right now. Probably his level frankly.

Suedesi

The seal dribble was absolute magic. It wasn't just the technical skill involved, but more so it was the extemporaneous, spirit breaking humiliation of a rival. It was our way of saying to them - we can do whatever we want to you and there's nothing you can do to stop us.
Absolutely. Had such flair, and always willing to try something creative.

And who can forget that goal against Gomes

Last edited:

coolredwine

lameredboots
Thanks for this, I completely forgot about this goal and watching it again made my day. Nani has given us a lot of fond memories, and I loved how he took the piss out of the entire Arsenal defence once. :lol:

There is another one where he beats 3-4 Arsenal defenders in the same play from the right hand side and then chips above the keeper.

what a mess

Thanks so much for posting this fantastic video , during the dark days of Moyes and LVG I began to forget the joy and happiness that this club has given me over the years , just the look on Fergies face as he congratulates his old players on there achievement is inspiring .
I was stood in the Stratford end on the dark day when Denis Law ( one off my all time heroes ) scored a back heel for City and United were relegated , since then I've been lucky enough to see some of he most talented footballers in history grace the field at OT , from Best and Bobby through Robbo ,keane , Scholes , Giggs, Rudd ,Eric the King and Ronny probably the best of the lot .
But it was Fergie who dragged the club out of the doldrums and gave us the most fantastic football ever produced by this or ( in my opinion ) any other club .
He had his fallouts with some players but when you remember how he got the best out of Cantona ( who still refers to Fergie as Boss ) and his continuing great relationship with Ronny it reminds us how lucky we were to have him , when Eric retired he came back for a testimomial for Fergie and at the end did a lap of honour for the fans , the reception he got made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck I swear there were grown men all around in tears I turned to my 2 sons and said remember this moment because you will never see his like again and the same goes for the Boss and for Ronny , how lucky we were

Long live Fergie who will remain the greatest manager of all time .