New Podcast - United Hour - Everton Away

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
This week myself, Jamie (@Vault Dweller) and David (@nolongeramember) got together to discuss a hard fought victory over Everton

We touch on:
  • The highs of Bruno
  • The height of Maguire
  • The fight of McFred
  • And the plight of Ole.
We also nail down what Pogba is world class at, discuss @Alock1 ability at predicting scores, and we debut a brand new feature... Imran's Shit Game.

Listen on Apple Podcasts, iTunes, Spotify or wherever you get your pods by searching 'United Hour'

Also, be an upstanding citizen and all round good human being by doing one, or all of the following

- Leaving us a review on whatever podcast thing you listen to us on
- Following us on Twitter - https://twitter.com/United_Hour
- Following us on Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/unitedhour/

Last edited:

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
This week myself, Jamie (@Vault Dweller) and David (@nolongeramember) got together to discuss a hard fought victory over Everton

We touch on:
  • The highs of Bruno
  • The height of Maguire
  • The fight of McFred
  • And the plight of Ole.
We also nail down what Pogba is world class at, discuss @Alock1 ability at predicting scores, and we debut a brand new feature... Imran's Shit Game.

Listen on Apple Podcasts, iTunes, Spotify or wherever you get your pods by searching 'United Hour'

Also, be an upstanding citizen and all round good human being by doing one, or all of the following

- Leaving us a review on whatever podcast thing you listen to us on
- Following us on Twitter - https://twitter.com/United_Hour
- Following us on Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/unitedhour/
The game was mint mate, don't be modest! and David's username :lol:

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Great job getting it out so quick. One of these days you'll end up having an episode out before the game has even finished.
Props to @12OunceEpilogue for the fantastic turnaround.

Halfway through the pod now and David's doing a great hosting job, but he's gotta be the most fickle person on the pod.

He's been calling for Bruno's head since last season! Now he's future captain and should be first name on the team sheet.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Bastards. I'll be correcting on the next pod with my accurate 3-1 United scoreline prediction :lol:

I could tell Jamie (@Vault Dweller) wasn't quite on board with the lie and was testing his nerve.

Expect nothing less from Imran and I think it shows David's true character and completely validates the decision to ban him from the Cafe.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
One thing I should probably have mentioned during my Ole fence sitting is that it's 100% obvious that Poch will be our next manager if /when Ole goes, and that's honestly something I'm not really overly excited about as I don't think he'll be a success here.

Love to be proved wrong of course but yeah

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Come on. Jamie is just David with a pitch shifter. You're not fooling anyone here.

Amir

One thing I should probably have mentioned during my Ole fence sitting is that it's 100% obvious that Poch will be our next manager if /when Ole goes, and that's honestly something I'm not really overly excited about as I don't think he'll be a success here.

Love to be proved wrong of course but yeah
I don't know about that, really. None of us have any idea when Solskjaer will be gone. Do we really expect Poch to sit around and wait for god knows how long, especially if gets good offers along the way?

Annihilate Now!

Scout
I don't know about that, really. None of us have any idea when Solskjaer will be gone. Do we really expect Poch to sit around and wait for god knows how long, especially if gets good offers along the way?
I mean if he goes in the next month or so. Obviously if it's next summer then the landscape may be totally different.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Rapid turnaround lads. Well done getting the pod done so quickly.

You lads talked about why Everton did not press us but you kind of missed it was connected to what you said before that section: We started the game going long.

After Istanbul @Alock1 asked me what I wanted to see from United and more directness was one of the things I mentioned. We do not have the quality at the back to play through a press consistently. When we try to play out from the back we invite pressure that we almost always crumble under. By signalling to Everton early on that we were going to try and hit Rashford's runs over the top we basically said: 'Commit men forward to press us if you want, know if you do we'll just go over your press and Rashford will run in behind.'

Too often we put ourselves under pressure by trying to play out despite knowing the limitations of our back four on the ball. It made much more sense to go direct and give ourselves the chance to press their back line from the second ball. Everton reacted to our direct balls by dropping deeper to cut off the space for Rashford and Martial. That opened space in their midfield that Fred and McTominay were able to play in and find Bruno time and time again.

This is a much better approach for us, with our defenders, than pretending like we're Ajax 1995. We create a lot of our own problems by dilly dallying on the ball in our defensive third and allowing our defenders to get swarmed. We will get much better results if we stop approaching games as if we can tiki taka our way up the pitch.

PS) I remain Ole in.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Come on. Jamie is just David with a pitch shifter. You're not fooling anyone here.
I have a strict one Scottish person per episode rule - this is what happens when I go away for a few days !

Plus it seems we have a load of fence sitters on this week's pod - In Ole We Trust!

croadyman

Yeah I think there is every chance when Ole does leave that the likes of Nagelsmann/Pochettino/Rose/Hasenhuttl will have gone either somewhere else or happy building something at their current clubs.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
:( You saying we all sound alike??

I have a strict one Scottish person per episode rule - this is what happens when I go away for a few days !

Plus it seems we have a load of fence sitters on this week's pod - In Ole We Trust!
:lol: