Kick-off
Wed, 4 March 2015 @ 7:45pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Live Updates 53 Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
    As have I. I'm actually really suprised at the amount of negative comments about the overall performance. Obviously the lack of clinical finishing has been disappointing but this has been by far our best away performance of the season.

It's actually refreshing to see us play with tons of width for once, and a bit of initiative in the middle of the park.

If Angel Di Maria wasn't so useless, we would be 2 or 3 up.
    Yep, sync between 3 players on the wing :drool:

legball

It's such an annoying performance. Newcastle offered absolutely nothing, yet, we just played like there's nothing at stake for us....Why do we never do things the easy way?

RedOldBoy

Young is our most improved player this season....wouldn't take him off now
    Just said that he has two players marking him, but I like those whipped crosses into the box. di Maria is more likely to get subbed. Also think Mata should be brought on.

togg

This is a game for players like Mata and Carrick who can really pass the ball not for young and fellaini who are direct players. Van Gaal is a very good coach but his adaptation to the EPL has been very slow. boring tactics. slow movement of the ball.
    I've always said that there is no league like the Premier League. I think when he says some players need roughly a season to adapt...that goes for managers who have never worked in this league as well...

simonhch

Horrible boss
    Supports
    Urban Combat Preparedness
    Sorry Scholes, but the "I know him and he isn't that type of lad" comments are used to defend just about every footballer and nasty incident in world football. Doesn't mean they didn't do it.

Evans and Cisse both deserved to go. Can't just single out Cisse and skirt other your ex team-mate.
    Handbags. No-one deserved to go. Such a soft game nowadays,

Think we've made some real progress in terms of our cohesion. We just need to look a little more dangerous going forwards. A direct risk taker like Januzaj could be effective. Blin, Herrera, Fellaini midfield has looked very much in control.

Infra-red

Does feel a bit like if we're going to win this one, we need Newcastle to score first. There's just absolutely no urgency in our play. I concede this is an incredibly stupid comment.

Kostur

海尔的老板
    We're playing really well and should have scored a few? Not sure what you're on about. We have almost 70% possession, have made like 3 clear cut chances, and have had a few half chances that would have been clear cut chances if Rooney had a better touch.
    I guess that's the biggest problem for everybody saying we're not playing well today. You can't be playing well and fecking up all the chances that come.

buckooo1978

need to inject some pace, movement and diversity to our attack....

Mata, Falcao or Wilson is the obvious change for me.....

I'd sacrifice Fellaini

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
    Scout
    Fellaini always going towards the box whenever Blind has the ball really annoyed me in this half. Every time Blind received the ball, he was looking to play it to Fellaini, but so many times, he just kept going forward and not even getting into a good position to receive the ball. Fellaini actually helped Newcastle maintain their defensive shape just by going forward up to the defensive line. In these situations, Young should cut in or Fellaini should drop back to receive the ball. Instead, neither of these things happen, and we're forced to start our attack again.

We've been quite sloppy in the final third so far. We should have had at least 1 goal, but our sloppiness cost us. Hopefully, we're sharper in the second half so that we can finish off Newcastle.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
    Colorado Rapids
    Decent comedy: Fellaini doing his best Lionel impersonation, Coloccini falling over for no reason, Rooney politely turning down a chance to score.

I need a drink...

Raw

Does feel a bit like if we're going to win this one, we need Newcastle to score first. There's just absolutely no urgency in our play. I concede this is an incredibly stupid comment.
    I don't think we've won a single game in the PL after being 1-0 down. Only time we did it was the 3-1 against Preston in the FA Cup.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    I guess that's the biggest problem for everybody saying we're not playing well today. You can't be playing well and fecking up all the chances that come.
    Moan about the finishing then, not about apparently not being bothered, playing like shit, or having no urgency. We've done well in everything but the final moment needed to score.

newgiz

We have created enough chances to be ahead in the game. We have got to finish the chances we create. An early goal for us would go a long way to settle us. I would bring Mata on instead of Fellaini.

Second-half kick-off

caid

People are so dramatic. Its half time, we look like winning. Liverpool and arsenal will probably pick up 3 points but no surprises there.

DocRockter

CArrick on NOW! Need more balls from midfield that actually beat a few of their defenders.. If he's fit of course..

We were close a couple of times, good defending their set-pieces but still having problems getting the ball up quickly..

Kostur

海尔的老板
    Moan about the finishing then, not about apparently not being bothered, playing like shit, or having no urgency. We've done well in everything but the final moment needed to score.
    I'm not the moaning as I think we've been somewhat decent but you have to agree that Newcastle look like a walking piece of shit though. I'd say we're playing our ordinary tempo (not the worst one, just at normal speed) and they can't really keep up.

47 min

Space opens up for Rojo in front of the Newcastle box and he goes for the top corner and it's not far away. Good effort.

mu4c_20le

Decent effort from Rojo. been awhile since we've scored a long range screamer

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 486 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Newcastle win
  • Draw