News just in :: Roy Keane out for 2 months, broken 3rd Metatarsel.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
It was just on BBC Radio fivelive.

I might've got the spelling wrong but we all get the point clear enough.

Jeez, :(

Scholes, Smith and Fletcher now a more permanent feature whether some of us like it or not.

Nick,

MUFC187

and the decision to not buy at least one more midfielder will become even more regretable.

shyamg22

this is a windup right? haha, im honestly having a fecking laugh right now reading this. god damn..ltes see if this is true or not.

MUFC187

TheDevil'sOwn said:
Does it really make much of a difference?

Title race doesn't begin until Christmas, after all...

Didn't last year, we won something like 16 out of 18 league games between Novermber and Febuary, didn't make a difference.

The title race starts in August these days.

032Devil

It's the third time he's broken it.

A bit of light at the end of the injury tunnel clearily shut!

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
032Devil said:
It's the third time he's broken it.
As far as I know he's never broken it before.

soccerbest

I still can't believe it, our luck with injuries is really ridiculous. :mad:

Can we recall Jones back from Preston.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
And that's probably Ireland's world cup chances up in smoke as well

Double feck! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

soccerbest

Any quote from fergie about Keane injury?

how the feck he broke a bone in his foot, he seem alright when he came off. :houllier:

bangortom

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?...le=Fresh+blow+for+Keane&channel=football_home

Manchester United captain Roy Keane will be out for two months after breaking a bone in his foot.

Keane made a surprise return to action in Sunday's 0-0 draw with Liverpool, having been predicted to require three weeks on the sidelines with a hamstring injury.

But though the Irish firebrand showed no ill-effects from that complaint, he picked up a fresh injury after a challenge from Luis Garcia.

The 34-year-old broke the third metatarsal bone in his foot and will now be missing from the United team for the next two months.

Meanwhile, United boss Sir Alex Ferguson admits the stalemate with old rivals Liverpool was lacking in excitement.

"It was anything but [a classic]," Ferguson told Sky Sports 1. "Maybe these games are too intense.

"Liverpool set their stall out and were very hard to break down. They don't make it easy for you.

"We have enough quality to do something about it but maybe the intensity of the game was too much. You could see it had 0-0 written all over it from early on.

"Maybe the pressure on the players makes it difficult for them to relax, particularly the forwards for both sides - that could be the reason.

"There was a good professionalism and a good composure in our football. We just lacked a cutting edge."

The draw at Anfield leaves United and Liverpool lagging behind Chelsea but Ferguson feels it is premature to suggest the champions will retain the title.

He added: "It is far too early to say that [Chelsea were the winners today].

"There are some difficult games in this league. I think games like today will not be easy for Chelsea either."

soccerbest

New Injury Blow For Captain Keane

Roy Keane is expected to miss two months of action after breaking a bone in his left foot.

The skipper suffered the new injury in the latter stages of Sunday's 0-0 draw with Liverpool. It appears that a challenge by Luis Garcia resulted in the fracture of Keane's third metatarsal.

It was a cruel blow for Roy, who'd only just recovered from a hamstring complaint. It's also a major headache for Sir Alex Ferguson, coming so soon after the news that Gabriel Heinze will be out for most of the season.

Report by Adam Bostock

http://www.manutd.com/news/fullstory.sps?iNewsid=242082&itype=466&icategoryid=120

lonbwoy

Another reason why we should have bought a quality midfielder in the summer!!. Now we have to depend on fletcher,scholes and smith to run the midfield????. It doesn't look promising for sure!!.

uranushk1

I'd Bellion if I said I were an optimist
Bad news, but that's also our fault for not getting enough cover in midfield to run the 4-3-3 formation. Now I wonder who will we play if one more midfielder among Scholes-Fletcher-Smith get injured or suspended.