Nexlions Cup

Drainy

finished 2-1 to United. We were always on top with Pearson dictating the game but Daehli and Wilson gave us teeth when they came on.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
We could have had half a dozen. Pearson outstanding, Dæhli changed the game.

Platato

Psst!
feck I cant watch the match. Internet is too slow. How's it going so far?

EDIT: just saw it's FT.

Drainy

Watching the final at the same time as the Club World Cup game. Liverpool are struggling to make any real impact on the game and are pretty much resorting to kicking them.

Still 0-0 so I guess it's working so far.

This Sporting side is good. Well balanced, technically gifted and athletic . They really mix it up, playing the short passes as well as being able to play it long.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
1-1 Weir.

Assisted by Dæhli, gooDevil.
Sadly, I haven't been keeping track of assists for the U18s. I didn't start the stat page until several games into the season, or I would have tried to keep track during games. There were enough highlight videos to reconstruct the assists for the U21s, but not the U18s.

But I'll go ahead and make note in the match report since I have the info.

Brightonian

We could have had half a dozen. Pearson outstanding, Dæhli changed the game.
That's good to hear. His importance to the side has skyrocketed this season, and him not being quite on it had a lot to do with us struggling against Sporting.

Drainy

Was reading the RAWK thread on their reserves to see what they made of this tournament and apparently one of their young lads said that it was the most difficult conditions he'd ever played in during the Singapore game due to the heat and humidity. Our game against Sporting was just before that one.

I understand why McGuiness wasn't using the 'excuse' of the temperature (he doesn't want them using it as an excuse to not learn their lesson about conceding just after half time) but Sporting were obviously better acclimatised to those conditions than us. Hence the fact we were competitive in the first half and faded in the second.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Barmby, Daelhi, Pearson and Weir all impressed me that first half. The Wilson finish after he had just missed a presentable chance was class...and the pass I have mentioned.

Barmby shot off the bar was sublime, as was his footwork throughout...and his audacious effort to catch the keeper off his line was quality.

The Daelhi turn :drool: