Next 3 Home Games Will Show Our True Credentials

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Southampton
Everton
West Ham(FA Cup)

As tough and uncompromising as they come without playing the usual top 5 teams. Will test our mettle,resolve and ability to beat different tactics

Judas

Open to offers
Southampton always seem to cause us nightmares don't they.

Out of those three it's the cup game I'm most confident about because we have to attack with purpose.

RUCK4444

Our first true test?

The entire first half of the season means nothing, just these next three games.

I’m not saying you are but it seems posters make these threads almost like setting traps in the hope we feck up and lose them just to mount more pressure on the manager.

Again, sorry if your not doing that but this place makes me question this.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Our first true test?

I’m not saying you are but it seems posters make these threads almost like setting traps in the hope we feck up and lose them just to mount more pressure on the manager.

It's about debate, not hoping that we fail. Absurd suggestion

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Because the thread is clearly talking about home games? Says so in the title.
Yes, but why? These are hardly season defining or incredibly tough matches nor does one get extra points or mettle for home games. You'd think we were facing City, Liverpool and Chelsea at home given this is apparently the (millionth) true test.

AgentSmith

Our first true test?

I think it's more this is the first moment in the season where it feels genuinely make or break for us to continue a title challenge.

These two games coincide with City having two extremely easy games and if we drop 6 points we could end up 7 points adrift of them. Adding City 's game in hand and better goal difference to this and that would probably be an insurmountable gap to close.

Then once you combine that fear with the fact that our home form has been poor all season these fixtures do seem challenging. Especially considering the problems Southampton and West Ham have given us recently with two different brands of tactics.

It's a testament to how far we've come this season though that we're worried about falling away in the title race - I'd have bit your hand off at half-time of the first Southampton game to be where we are!

I also think we'll see off Arsenal tomorrow with relative ease. Negative feckers.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I am looking forward to play those decent sides. It's watching us break down teams sitting deep that makes my eyes hurt.

Mickson

We will win against Everton, no doubt about that. They won't sit back (as much) and they have some kind of ambition going forward, unlike Sheffield United or Wolves. Furthermore, they are overrated as hell and will sink in the table eventually. I'm not worried about that one. I'm worried about, as I said, teams like Wolves at home.

Mickson

There's at least some doubt. They got a 1-1 draw at Old Trafford last season.
Yes, with Jesse Lingard and Daniel James as an attacking force. I'm pretty sure we will beat Everton at home now, not because they are a poor team but because I think they will play into our hands a bit.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Yes, but why? These are hardly season defining or incredibly tough matches nor does one get extra points or mettle for home games. You'd think we were facing City, Liverpool and Chelsea at home given this is apparently the (millionth) true test.
They could define Ole though? Historically he's gone through great patches and terrible patches.

I'll say I reacted the way I did after the Sheff game because I just felt like "Here we go again," especially looking at the fixtures. Yeah they're not top 6 teams but we've lost to Southampton at home in recent years, Everton's rarely easy and West Ham love raising their game for us. Couple those with Arsenal this weekend and it's not hugely inconceivable we go winless in 5 games.

But if we win 4 and draw 1 then that shows the loss to Sheffield is in isolation, which would show the progress we made in 2020 might actually be legit. After all, Fergie lost to promoted teams, but you always knew we'd bounce back.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Until the next three home games.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
We're all a little out of practice with this title race thing aren't we? I've missed it. Every game a must win. Every defeat looks like the end. Lets not take it for granted and enjoy the ride

RUCK4444

It's about debate, not hoping that we fail. Absurd suggestion
But that’s the point, you can select any three games and say that’s the ‘test’ for us.

We’ve come through a lot harder run of games.

These threads pop up every week.

Every game is as important as the last one and the feckin next one.

It’s all a moot point really. Sectioning off pieces of a campaign proves nothing.

RUCK4444

I think it's more this is the first moment in the season where it feels genuinely make or break for us to continue a title challenge.

These two games coincide with City having two extremely easy games and if we drop 6 points we could end up 7 points adrift of them. Adding City 's game in hand and better goal difference to this and that would probably be an insurmountable gap to close.

Then once you combine that fear with the fact that our home form has been poor all season these fixtures do seem challenging. Especially considering the problems Southampton and West Ham have given us recently with two different brands of tactics.

It's a testament to how far we've come this season though that we're worried about falling away in the title race - I'd have bit your hand off at half-time of the first Southampton game to be where we are!

I also think we'll see off Arsenal tomorrow with relative ease. Negative feckers.
Every game is hard and every game is important, we’ve had pressure on us all season and nothings changed now and nothing will change after these three games, even if we win them all.

These games don’t test us any more than that game the other night tested us. Just take each game as it comes, sounds cliche but it’s true.

Alfie092

I also think our away games will show our true credentials and that's starting from tomorrow vs Arsenal.

Very important we bounce back with a strong performance tomorrow especially after that dismal display vs Sheffield United!

Not worried as of yet and trying to remain optimistic for the rest of the season but if we do not get a positive result tomorrow I may start to worry because when things get bad for us... they really get bad.

Dve

Southampton
Everton
West Ham(FA Cup)

As tough and uncompromising as they come without playing the usual top 5 teams. Will test our mettle,resolve and ability to beat different tactics
The next 18 games will show our true credentials, not the next 3. What a pointless thread.

OleBoiii

The next 5.5 home games on Wednesdays and Saturdays when the wind is blowing north-west is the true test. Truly.

Judas

Open to offers
But that’s the point, you can select any three games and say that’s the ‘test’ for us.

We’ve come through a lot harder run of games.

These threads pop up every week.

Every game is as important as the last one and the feckin next one.

It’s all a moot point really. Sectioning off pieces of a campaign proves nothing.
Yep. These threads became a bit pointless when they'd constantly be made after every other game.

They've been made countless times with absolutely zero consequence or later analysis. Someone should go back to all the "next 5 games decide our season" threads from just this season and see what the results actually were and it did decide anything.

AshRK

Arsenal away is the test we have to pass first. A loss would be a huge blow and we would be rightly back in the top 4 fight and also giving momentum to Arsenal.

RUCK4444

Yep. These threads became a bit pointless when they'd constantly be made after every other game.

They've been made countless times with absolutely zero consequence or later analysis. Someone should go back to all the "next 5 games decide our season" threads from just this season and see what the results actually were and it did decide anything.
Exactly. All these threads do is set the tone for the forum if we should drop any points during the period the thread is referring to, when in reality sectioning off a certain run of games proves nothing overall. It just serves to heighten the 'I told you so' reactions for posters who call us bottle jobs.

We could win the next three games the OP is referring to and follow that up by losing the 3 subsequent games immediately after. What point would this thread serve then?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Why West Ham? It's an FA Cup fixture. I'd rather look at league fixtures.