Next Draft - Ideas and Discussions

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
That kinda backfired in previous drafts. In later reinforcement rounds, GOATs were going for peanuts as different managers reinforce different positions. Min pricing is a must. Though it doesn't affect wars at all as seen in previous drafts.
There wont be any goats in this draft. All actual goats, sub goats, mini goats, positional goats and wannabe goats, everyone will be blocked

prolifik

Its easy to create a nice pool after an all time draft.

Block everyone picked in the current draft, you get a nice little all time pool.

Block Gaetano Scirea for good measure and you are good to go.

Simple snake draft, no luck, no tactical shenanigans.

Can even make it an auction draft, with no starting price for any players. Start a bid for any player, let him remain active till 24 hours of no bids. And enjoy the bidding wars
In except for the auction part

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
We might recreate the standard Fantasy Football draft again.

Players will have price tags.
Managers will have a budget.
No more than 2 players per team
No more than 2 players per country
No more than 2 players per decade (birth date)

Snake draft.
remove budget and make it 1 per team and country

Himannv

I feel like we've gone about match threads completely wrong and the most recent iteration is even worse. I'd rather there was an OP with a writeup of the team's tactics and then it's up to the voters to read the information and vote. If they require more information they can just ask and the drafter can provide it if they have something with them.

It can be frustrating when people aren't seeing your vision for the team and maybe it can even be triggering. I'm probably guilty of asking too many silly questions tbh. And this must post to have your vote count thing is just nonsense. We need a different way to make people interested in engaging in my view.

Šjor Bepo

I feel like we've gone about match threads completely wrong and the most recent iteration is even worse. I'd rather there was an OP with a writeup of the team's tactics and then it's up to the voters to read the information and vote. If they require more information they can just ask and the drafter can provide it if they have something with them.

It can be frustrating when people aren't seeing your vision for the team and maybe it can even be triggering. I'm probably guilty of asking too many silly questions tbh. And this must post to have your vote count thing is just nonsense. We need a different way to make people interested in engaging in my view.
get what you saying but how the feck is current thing making it worse? this way at least most comment at least something and you get some sort of feedback + discussion in the current draft is much better then in previous ones where most could have went without anyone posting anything, playing managers included.

Himannv

get what you saying but how the feck is current thing making it worse? this way at least most comment at least something and you get some sort of feedback + discussion in the current draft is much better then in previous ones where most could have went without anyone posting anything, playing managers included.
The intention behind it is to generate discussion, but it's mostly leading to generic +1 type comments because you're forcing them to. I don't necessarily have a better suggestion except to say this particular carrot and stick approach isn't working.

Šjor Bepo

The intention behind it is to generate discussion, but it's mostly leading to generic +1 type comments because you're forcing them to. I don't necessarily have a better suggestion except to say this particular carrot and stick approach isn't working.
but it worked, ok maybe not 100% but most did put some input in no matter of what quality and match threads were more lively....

prolifik

Yeah I'm fine with the change. I've missed some threads, but that's more from forgetting/not having time to comment. Don't see how voting with no rationale or discussion is a better option.