Next Draft - Ideas and Discussions

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Guys, 2 drafts are in progress already, and that's not counting the basketball (or whatever) one :lol:
Be chill

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Yeah, no point in starting another one until the drafting for the FM one is finished, but there's no harm in discussing ideas either.
fm draft is a separate thing, we should proceed with drafts after we finish the monopoly one :)

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
I'm in for next draft btw

Also don't think the FM drafts interfere really as there won't be matches or anything but just me doing a bunch of work

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I'm in for next draft btw

Also don't think the FM drafts interfere really as there won't be matches or anything but just me doing a bunch of work
Matches wise no but picks wise best to start draft after drafting part is over for FM one.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
@oneniltothearsenal Is it possible to setup FM for one off games? What I'm thinking is that we could do a standard draft but have game simulated by FM and then record the game and upload on YouTube or is that way too hard in FM? If not can you still do the CPU vs CPU in PES? (I suggets the latter as you can have much more tactical flexibility than FIFA). If so that could be an option but I don't know if anyone has created a master file with all the stats from the PES forums. Essentially the idea is to draft as normal and put all the tactics into a simulator press the button, see what happens and upload to watch it. It may though end up as a comment on how unrealistic football sims still are
Following up on this idea, i was thinking of running a FIFA draft where we would have 20 players draft 16 players (i would edit the existing clubs) then i could let the cpu simulate the game and if someone can show me how, i can live stream it and the managers can make changes (subs, etc) while the game is on going. Was thinking of a tournament format with a group stage with 4 teams, top 2 go through to knockouts then we have 2 leg knockout rounds.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Or if not live stream as it maybe difficult to get everyone online at the same time i could record the games and upload them.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
This isnt the first FM draft and we never stopped playing before so not sure why should we stop now....
Nearly everyone is involved in the FM draft. For me it would ruin the picking process, if we are also having to look at picks for another draft. Its hard enough committing to one draft.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
So everyone put their name against which draft they want to play next - this way we can workout which one to go with.

1. Edgar's 4-Way Draft
2. Chester's Unproven Draft
3. Edgar's Auction Draft
4. Physiocrat's No Mates 46-66 Draft -Physio,

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Nearly everyone is involved in the FM draft. For me it would ruin the picking process, if we are also having to look at picks for another draft. Its hard enough committing to one draft.
understand, its a bit tricky for me as i only pick once in 2 days being at the end of the list + as im only picking favorites its not really a classic draft process in my case so thats why i would like us to proceed with another one :) But as Edgar said, hopefully we will be finished or at least near the finish line by the time the current draft ends.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
This isnt the first FM draft and we never stopped playing before so not sure why should we stop now....
This is the first FM-draft organized by the draft community and filled mostly by regulars. @Macern also had one, but it was labeled as an experiment, there were different names and a system that made drafting short and effective.
We should finish the drafting part and only then start another one (or even later)

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
understand, its a bit tricky for me as i only pick once in 2 days being at the end of the list + as im only picking favorites its not really a classic draft process in my case so thats why i would like us to proceed with another one :) But as Edgar said, hopefully we will be finished or at least near the finish line by the time the current draft ends.
Yup, we're nearly done anyway... by end of next week, we should all be craving a new draft.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
A thought - are drafts more popular when United are performing relatively poorly?

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Here's my version of Auction Draft:

The Market Draft:

Start-up money: $200m.

"Elite" Auction round

The Game starts with a "Elite" Auction round (3-round blind auction).

In Round 1, Players in the "Elite" pool will be available for purchase by 3-round blind auction.

How this works:

R1 - All players PM me with the player they want with the bid value. Once all submissions are received, I'll post a list of players and current round winning manangers. The bid value will not be announced.

E.g.R1 Results

Gentile - Joga (not announced, but Joga has bid $50m)
Pantsil - EAP (not announced, but EAP has bid $75m)
Eyzaguirre - antohan (not announced, but anto has bid $125m)

R2 - Same process as R1 continues. You can submit a up-bid on a round winning player too.

E.g

Harms up bids on Gentile for $75m.
Joga himself decides to up his bid to $60m to protect his player better.
Physiocrat needs a RB so up-bids on Pantsil for $100m.
anto decides his player is sage and passes the round.

R2 Results

Gentile - harms
Pantsil - Physiocrat
Eyzaguirre - antohan

Rinse and repeat for R3.

Joga loves Gentile and upbids to $75m.
Harms passes the round.
EAP bids for his backup choice of Liedholm as Pantsil got snatched away cruelly.
Annah comes in with last throw bid of $130m for Eyzaguirre

R3 - FINAL RESULTS

Gentile - Harms (Joga equalled the bid, but he needs to outright win to get the player)
Pantsil - Physiocrat get his RB
Annah - Eyzaguirre
EAP - Liedholm
antohan - off to shadow wank till next round begins.

If there are one/more managers who do not manage to land a player, I'll re-run the auction again for them alone...but they'll be tanked with $5m administrative charges for giving me extra work to do.

Resource Players Round:

This would happen simultaneously with the Elite Auction Round.

A snake draft for 3 rounds where managers will pick their "tradeable players". These players cannot play in respective managers teams, but can be used to be traded to other teams for player(s), money or a combination of both. Resource players cannot be traded swapped for less than $40m equivalent.

Actual Auction Draft Begins:

There'll be separate [Diamond $75m), Gold ($50m) and Silver ($25m)] pools with minimum bid values for select players. Anyone not part of the pool will have minimum $10m initial bid value.

Usual process follows. If you hold the high bid for 12hrs you get the player.
Not more than 5 bids per player and/or no more than 50 players currently under auction.
The resource players can be traded for money/other players at any time once auction begins.
You can bid for money exceeding what you have at hand (considering potential sale etc), but at end of 12hrs, when player becomes yours, you need to have money to buy. If not you'll be forced to sell a player already in your team to the bank to make up for this purchase.

Trading:

Do note that players you successfully get whilst bidding are eligible to be traded too.
Elite players can be traded away too.
They can only be traded for money or swap for other players who have value equal to not less than 10m less than players value (I.e. if the player you are trading is bought for $50m, then you can only trade him or swap him for other player(s) whose combined worth is $40m or more). Resource players cannot be traded swapped for less than $40m equivalent.
All trade deals/discussions should happen in thread only. No PM/other private means.
All trading will be stopped sometime before end of draft. Announcement will be made well in advance.

Tuppet

I would pitch a chain draft idea as well here, its a really underused concept.

1. Edgar's 4-Way Draft
2. Chester's Unproven Draft
3. Edgar's Auction Draft
4. Physiocrat's No Mates 46-66 Draft -Physio,
5. Tuppet's chain Draft.