Next five matches: can we turn it around?

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Our next five matches are:
  • Fulham (A)
  • FC Copenhagen (A)
  • Luton Town (H)
    • International Break
  • Everton (A)
  • Galastasary (A)
This is a kind fixture run on paper, but leaves the manager and players absolutely nowhere to hide if the last remaining wheels fall off the clown car. There's no Aston Villa here, no Brighton, no Newcastle, no teams we would want to beat ordinarily but have to really respect on the pitch right now. These are five matches that United have zero excuses to not be odds on for and not to be winning the majority of the time.

Give us your predictions:
  • How many points are we getting?
  • Is ETH still manager by the time we play Newcastle United away on the 2nd December?
I'm reluctantantly going for 6 points and a no. I sincerely hope I am wrong.

sosolid4u09

Our next five matches are:
  • Fulham (A)
  • FC Copenhagen (A)
  • Luton Town (H)
    • International Break
  • Everton (A)
  • Galastasary (A)
This is a kind fixture run on paper, but leaves the manager and players absolutely nowhere to hide if the last remaining wheels fall off the clown car. There's no Aston Villa here, no Brighton, no Newcastle, no teams we would want to beat ordinarily but have to really respect on the pitch right now. These are five matches that United have zero excuses to not be odds on for and not to be winning the majority of the time.

Give us your predictions:
  • How many points are we getting?
  • Is ETH still manager by the time we play Newcastle United away on the 2nd December?
I'm reluctantantly going for 6 points and a no. I sincerely hope I am wrong.
Its no hyperbole to say that we could vey easily be 15th and below in the table. We've not truly deserved to win a single game i can remember this season. No game on the schedule is an easy win for us. I fully expect us to come away from those 5 games with fewer than 6pts

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Fulham L
Copenhagen D
Luton W
Everton L
Galatasary L

PL points 3. CL points 1 - Europa league.
Goals scored 4.

MegadrivePerson

Every match bar the Crystal Palace league cup game has been incredibly tough so far.

I will be shocked if it's five wins from five. Luton at home is the only one I'd be 100% confident of winning.

next_number_seven

Qualifying in the CL group would give him a lifeline.
If we don't, I think his time might be up.

But this depends on who's available to replace him really.

Emery would be a good replacement

Bubba123

The quality of our opponents hasn't been the issue so far so I don't see why we should be able to "turn it around". We could lose to non league teams right now

Nogbadthebad

No.

We'll beat luton.

Possibly a draw against copenhagen.

We will lose the rest.

For players and the Murtaugh team, there are no consequences to failure. Failing is easier than the effort of winning.

So we will continue to fail. Change manager and in 18 months we will be here again, for the exact same reason.

Only a change at the top, so accountability extends to more than the manager, will have any effect.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Don't know if he will turn it around but I will be bitterly disappointed if Ten Hag doesn't comeback with a hair transplant after the international break.

TrailMonkey

My normally optimistic self would go with this:

Fulham D
Copenhagen W
Luton W
Everton D
Galatasary W

However, my positivity tank is nearing empty, therefore I reckon we're more likely to:

Fulham D
Copenhagen D
Luton W
Everton L
Galatasary L

Denis79

I hope for 4 wins but that is a tall order. We are really poor at the moment and it seems there are more problems than just poor form.

tomaldinho1

I think this where you’ll see if the players really are rotten. We have the squad quality to win these games if we keep us simple and players aren’t making errors, I get the impression we’re a very weak team mentally though and opposition know the heads will drop and petulance will come if you just put men behind the ball and counter us.

RedIan

Fulham L
Copenhagen D
Luton W
Everton L
Galatasary L

PL points 3. CL points 1 - Europa league.
Goals scored 4.
Thats exactly how i see it assuming we continue to perform as we have so far this season.
Fulham and Everton away are not easy for a team 8n dire form.

Redstain

The quality of our opponents hasn't been the issue so far so I don't see why we should be able to "turn it around". We could lose to non league teams right now
Exactly the team is losing the tactical side of the game on a weekly basis, add the terrible away record and it's near impossible to give predication without it being negative.

Big Andy

Bloke
Win the home game, lose all the away games with barely a whimper.

El Zoido

We can’t score goals and we’re easy to score against. I really have no confidence in us beating anybody right now. We’ve seen much better last season from most of these players so it’s not impossible to find some spark, some turning point, where we can perform much better. The dark cloud afflicts everything.

Pughnichi

Every match bar the Crystal Palace league cup game has been incredibly tough so far.

I will be shocked if it's five wins from five. Luton at home is the only one I'd be 100% confident of winning.
don’t do this to yourself. We all know how that ends up

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
To fix something or turn it around you must first understand why it is broken. There’s no evidence the manager knows what is broken, given he makes the same mistakes over and over.

LordSpud

The thing about a run like that is you win a few (should be all of them, and comprehensively) and it sorta puts rose tinted glasses on the situation. Then you play a Liverpool or Bayern again and get absolutely hammered and it's just coming back to earth.

So ultimately, it's all a bit pointless

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
We will scrap a win against Fulham, lose to Copenhagen, beat Luton by 2 goals which will have ETH faithful telling everyone 'SEE THAT'S WHAT HE CAN DO' and then go on to lose to both Everton and Copenhagen to bring us back to Earth because 'these fecking players will let him down' or something.

Robin Your Persie

Nah there’s no confidence in us beating anyone at this moment, the sad reality is that for most teams we’re up there as one of the easiest games they’ll play this season.

Abusian

Can you see a quality manager wanting to come to MUFC with huge problems both on and off the pitch and no plan? I was surprised we were able to get EtH, and I suspect we’re stuck with him at least until the end of the season. What a disappointment he’s been, especially in the context of new managers at other clubs making a big, fast impact on playing style and results. Would love for him to turn this around, but he seems to have lost the dressing room so that seems vanishingly unlikely. At this point I’m just hoping we don’t get relegated.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Win against Fulham, Copenhagen, Luton and Galatasaray,

Lose against Everton.

Superunknown

I don't think it's about the opposition we're playing against. The problem is us. We can't create, we can't defend, we can't score, and we can't fight for each other. We haven't shown anything in our recent performances which even suggests we can put the ball in the back of the net.

Should be winning those games. All of them. An utter joke that we've only scored 1 more goal than Everton and 2 more than Luton and Fulham. It shouldn't be a question of 'can we beat Fulham away?' Need to not only win that game but to win it well.

ROFLUTION

4 draws and a loss to Gala for me.

Ten Hag gone. At least go out on your shield playing direct football, Eric. Not by having played Amrabat for 4 out of 5 matches. Or by subbing Martial at 60/70 in any of them.

cj_sparky

Do our managers always seem to be walking towards the their demise around this international break. Ole and the squad players got a nice little holiday after we got a flattering 0-2 loss to City, came back got spanked by Watford 4-1 and was gone.

I thought we had a run of 7 matches starting with the Burnley game that we should be winning, we won 5 and lost 2. But regardless of those wins the performances haven't been good enough, a wonder strike from Dalot, two added time goals from McTominay and a last minute penalty save from Onana. The best performance was against a weak Palace side in the League Cup.

I'd like to think we can do something in the coming games, but 5 of the next 6 are away from home and I wouldn't hold my breathe.

Smores

We'll win most of them yeah, Rashford probably scoring a couple followed by a "we're back" PR post. Then of course we'll slowly fail again and eventually sack the manager. This is the way.

MoskvaRed

Fulham L
Copenhagen L
Luton W
Everton D
Galatasary L

I doubt we’ll see a managerial change until Ratcliffe is on board.

AlexMG

It is very difficult for us to improve without serious changes in the club.
There is a huge difference in quality between players, there is no competitive environment. Especially the contribution of our offensive players is very little.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
As long as we are beating Luton at home we should be fine. Believe in the process.

Unam333

I really think we will win the next five games.
Those games are the more "easier" games. Like the topic starter said there is no excuse. Do the players want to play in the next round of the CL? They should show it. Play with intensity, with no fear, say focused and press the hell out of the opponents.

RuudTom83

The club is broken.

I wouldn't even be confident of a win against the Dog and Duck at the moment.