Next Manchester United captain

Who do you want to be the next Manchester United captain?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SirAF

Ageist
Varane and make Bruno and Casemiro vice captains.

Bruno is too petulant and needs someone to keep him in check at times. Casemiro did that quite a few times last season which was nice to see.

I say Varane because he leads by example and is very calm but vocal when needed. Bruno can be too bratty for my liking.
This.

youngrell

It will be Bruno, surely?

And rightfully so. He is an important player, influential in his play and is in constant communication with everyone, including the officials.

Vice captain is more difficult to choose.

Teja

He’s captain material. That’s one of the pluses with him. He seems a consummate pro. He’s just not good enough at football though.
Maguire carries himself pretty well too, but yeah same issue. You can't have a captain who's going to sit on the bench all the time.

NLunited

He’s captain material. That’s one of the pluses with him. He seems a consummate pro. He’s just not good enough at football though.
Not good enough to start for us. He’s a good player.

The Red Thinker

You don't think McT is being serious there, do you?
He’s never lacked for confidence. I love the lad. But I also recognise he isn’t United material. Does not have the skills needed. He will be part of a higher purpose. Helping us beat back FFP.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He’s never lacked for confidence. I love the lad. But I also recognise he isn’t United material. Does not have the skills needed. He will be part of a higher purpose. Helping us beat back FFP.
I'm pretty sure it was tongue in cheek by him. Everyone within the team would know it's only Bruno who's getting the armband. Rest is all banter.

The Red Thinker

I'm pretty sure it was tongue in cheek by him. Everyone within the team would know it's only Bruno who's getting the armband. Rest is all banter.
Everyone except Maguire. Man was “extremely disappointed”. If I posted business losses due to bad performances for a full year even I wouldn’t be that disappointed if I got the sack!

Tiber

Bruno was already captain in all but name. Has to be nailed on

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Varane and make Bruno and Casemiro vice captains.

Bruno is too petulant and needs someone to keep him in check at times. Casemiro did that quite a few times last season which was nice to see.

I say Varane because he leads by example and is very calm but vocal when needed. Bruno can be too bratty for my liking.
Agree with this

We need an rvn

Get kane in and give it to him, if not him then…

Im fed up with Bruno flapping his arms around when things go wrong. Good player etc but not captain for me

Varane just seems to be injured too much (still played more than Maguire by a country mile), but I’d give it to him over anyone as he just seems calm, collected and demands respect

rashford needs to focus on scoring him and he did brilliantly last year. Keep him focused on that and not captaincy

wolvored

Its got to be bruno imo. Hes respected and longer term player than Verane and Casemiro who are good choices, maybe vice captains

ROFLUTION

Bruno seems to be very welcoming behind the scenes and with the right mentality (cant stand losing)

same could probably be said for Martinez and others but Bruno’s been here the longest.

sillwuka

Bruno deserves it, one of our best signings post Fergie.
He contributes on the pitch, will probably end up playing the most minutes of any player + he's great for press/media duties.

mikeyt

It will be Bruno, but I'll never forgive him for his antics at Anfield and for that reason he can't ever be a captain in my eyes

Lost bear

It will be Bruno, but I'll never forgive him for his antics at Anfield and for that reason he can't ever be a captain in my eyes
Yes, I feel the same about his histrionics. I voted for Case for that reason. On the other hand, it's a tough choice as imo the best would be Varane, who has the temperament but not, I think, the physyicality nowadays to play almost all the games. Shame. I wonder about Licha, maybe, as in many ways he'd be great, though his passions (like Case) could get him into trouble. There's nobody perfect, in an obvious sort of way, and I don't envy ETH's position here. On the other hand, we've survived with Harry as captain without blatant disaster, so maybe it's not so important. Perhaps the leaders will arise informally, and guide the team as necessary. God, I'm talking my way back to Bruno, here.

York

Bruno, but he needs to work on his attitude. ETH needs to enlighten him of his glaring blind spot, which is sulking when someone doesn't make what he perceives as the proper decision. Be a leader in those instances, not a whiner.

RedMistyDevil

I think it'd be Bruno, but I personally prefer Licha. His warrior mentality is what I've missed seeing in a United captain.

red.knight

Bruno Fernandes is the obvious choice. Its clear Fernandes is a player everyone respects in the dressing room and consistently available for every match. Fernandes can keep showing passion and frustration whilst he's still putting up the figures like he has since he joined. Criminally underrated player.

SirScholes

Surprised to see such little love for shaw
Bruno for me should just be left to do what he does, he’s a poor example, constantly whinging on

manuchamp88

And rightfully so. He is an important player, influential in his play and is in constant communication with everyone, including the officials.

VC will be Rashford because he embodies the image that United want of a successful academy. However, as good as he is, I don't think he's a natural leader or particularly vocal. Martinez would make a great VC in my opinion. When Case becomes fluent in English, he'll be pushing for the VCship too.

Tyrion

I don’t think whining qualifies as communication. He often seems like he's just angry and throwing a fit. A lot of people in football confuse being "vocal" with being a leader imo.

youngrell

I don’t think whining qualifies as communication. He often seems like he's just angry and throwing a fit. A lot of people in football confuse being "vocal" with being a leader imo.
He’s not always whining. And he is a leader. That is evident by his actions on and off the pitch. He has a few moments of petulance, for sure, but it’s clear both the players and the manager see him as one of the leaders in the team.

Zed 101

I love that somebody thought Lindelof was worthy of a spot in the voting???? why would you? and more-so that he has a resounding 0.0% of the vote

Tyrion

If Martinez or Varane had been here another season, I'd pick them. I'd love Martinez to get it eventually.

He’s not always whining. And he is a leader. That is evident by his actions on and off the pitch. He has a few moments of petulance, for sure, but it’s clear both the players and the manager see him as one of the leaders in the team.
He is one of the leaders but I think a good captain needs more self control than he seems to have.

I love that somebody thought Lindelof was worthy of a spot in the voting???? why would you? and more-so that he has a resounding 0.0% of the vote
He actually has less votes than "Somebody else" which I found funny. He's our third choice centre back now so he'll play often enough but not enough to be captain.

Jonty

Has to be Bruno not just for his influence on the pitch but how he communicates to the media, post match interviews, pressers etc

Son

Bruno is the man. Love how he also rejected 4x wages from Saudi this week. United legend all day everyday.

One of the finest players we’ve ever had. Could have played for any of our great teams. Loyal, hardworking, speaks to the media.

Give him the armband.

suheilsworld

Bruno for me all day long. I can overlook his bratty behaviour and petulance at times but man is a leader, on and off the pitch. The way he talks to his teammates during and after the game is quite refreshing to see. Acknowledges the fans and seems like has a good connection with the backroom staff at United. Additionally, he is very respectable on social media with the players and is always involved. In a short time, he really has come to know the club and what it means to wear that shirt and armband.

Status
Not open for further replies.