Next Manchester United captain

Who do you want to be the next Manchester United captain?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kag

It’ll be Bruno.

Wild card: Rashford will get vice.

Varane and Casemiro will be leaders in the background.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
It’s gonna be Bruno but does anyone feel he loses his shit easily? Added to it the dramatics.

I would like it be a warrior, like Licha, Varane or even Casemiro.
I agree. I don't think Bruno is a good option, would much prefer varane

stw2022

Not sure I'd like Fernandes . When things get tough he's the player whose head and passing goes to shit the fastest

davidmichael

It’ll be Fernandes seeing as he’s vice captain already and wore the armband most of last season but what I like is we’re beginning to see more leaders in the squad in Varane, Martinez, Shaw, Casemiro and Rashford as well as Fernandes.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Bruno being officially the guy on our team who talks to the refs - what could possibly go wrong?

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
Onana will be announced as the new captain with a video of him playing guitar or something ;)

justboy68

Bruno was already de facto captain and will clearly be captain now. He has a squad of leaders behind him such as Varane and Casemiro too and they don’t need an armband to lead on the pitch. Finally building a team with multiple leaders.

stw2022

Assuming Bruno. Can only hope with less hissy fits.
He'd be a terrible captain. He's the first to panic. We need someone who's going to reassure and inspire the team in those moments, but flap around like Fernandes has a propensity to do in those moments.

edcunited1878

Not sure I'd like Fernandes . When things get tough he's the player whose head and passing goes to shit the fastest
He's also fearless and doesn't quit. It's been a learning curve under EtH and the coaching staff. He has a lot more to give and mature under the guidance of EtH and club.

With Casemiro, Varane, Lisandro, and Eriksen providing even more guidance and serving as vice captain...Bruno fits.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Not sure I trust the opinion of the caf, only a page back most were clamouring for Maguire.
Because we had no leaders in the team at all at the time. The other options seem to have been De Gea and Pogba.

We're completely spoiled for choice now compared to when Maguire was given it.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Varane is a better choice. Bruno gets way too emotional during the match but either one of them is fine for me

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
He'd be a terrible captain. He's the first to panic. We need someone who's going to reassure and inspire the team in those moments, but flap around like Fernandes has a propensity to do in those moments.
Yeah far from ideal. His own game usually falls apart when we're struggling.

More to it than the on pitch stuff though.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
It will be Bruno and Shaw vice, given all the media the latter was doing, I reckon.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Assuming Bruno. Can only hope with less hissy fits.
If only Varane was a bit less prone to knocks, the situation would solve itself automatically.

Silently hoping Onana will be massive hit and he'll enter the team with vocal hairdryer on his defenders when needed. He could be perfect candidate, at some point, after couple of seasons.

Goku1983

Casemiro for me he's got another 2-3 years left at the top. If not then surely Bruno one of those 2 for sure I have a feeling it will be Bruno since he was captain for most of last season.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Agree completely. He works hard, but his temperament is poor when things are going against us. His already erratic game becomes even more frantic.

zenith

Varane is ideal, Casemiro next in order. Bruno is great but often gets petulant when things go awry

Revan

Assumptionman
Bruno captain, Rashy (if he signs the new contract) vice-captain.

Varane and Casemiro to have it when both Bruno and Rashford are not playing.

Licha is probably the biggest leader in the team though, but too early for him to get the armband.

Skills

Snitch
Just make it a policy to give it to the most capped player.

Captaincy in the last decade has caused more problems than solved. It's also not very important - Guardiola let's his players choose the captain, that's how Gundogan ended up captaining City.

If a detailed oriented obsessive like Guardiola couldn't give enough of a shit himself, it just shows useless it is in modern football.

Rake

Bruno / Varane/ Casemiro will be the obvious choices. Given that Bruno was often captain last season, he is the leading candidate.Also, I think EtH called him "our captain" or something similar several times last season.

mav_9me

Bruno is the obvious choice but would the captaincy change his game at all? I don't think it would. He's a leader regardless.

I'd give it to Rashford.
Sometimes you have to reward the obvious leaders.

Status
Not open for further replies.