Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Castia

Anybody but Ole at this stage even if it’s on an interim basis

mark clatternburg

Supports
Leicester City
Everyone lost to the league to Leicester. Why not just give them the credit, it was a strange season. I don't see how that's a point against him any more than it is with respect to every other manager that operated that year.

Yes they were poor in the final but how easy is it to get Spurs to a position like that? This is a club that is routinely mediocre and he took them levels above that. I don't think one football match can override everything he did there, as poor and disappointing as it was.

I think it depends. He could be sacked by PSG even if he wins the league. That's just how it is with them. I don't think he'd be broken by that so it's a bit of a dramatic statement. If he doesn't win the league then questions are to be asked anyway but I think he will.
“Everyone lost the league to Leicester”! Give me strength.

The Irish Connection

Please for the love of god try Ten Hag. i don’t care if we have to get a caretaker until the summer, but a decision needs to be made now and a change is vital.

Giggsy13

If calls aren’t being made to Blanc, Bruce or Hughes to take an interim role then we’re truly fecked despite having our greatest squad in over 10 years.

Normandy

Supports
Montreal Impact
Should be Zidane. He's a proven winner and has worked with some of your players before. Others like Pogba and de Gea respect him as well. It would be a good fit.

ten Hag and Rodgers are two I'd say are at the absolute limit. Good managers, but one wonders if the egos would listen to them. I don't think anyone else stands a chance unless they can rebuild in their own image.

macheda14

Because I dont want Fonseca I am Ole in.

Excellent logic, you must be Neville in disguise.
It was a joke. You said 'what about shit on a stick' and the poster joked that you must be referring to Ole. Switch on.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It was a joke. You said 'what about shit on a stick' and the poster joked that you must be referring to Ole. Switch on.
I didnt say I would want shit on a stick though. Switch on.

Yakuza_devils

The fact is we don't really have any good option available unless Zidane is wiling to come.

I think most likely we will go with interim manager route and get Ten Hag end of the season.

Hope Glazers and Ed can do something right for once.

Lukinho

We waited to long and now nobody is available. We are stuck with Ole for the rest of the season which is really sad. I dont have any emotions at the moment. Its really hurting. How am I going to keep watching this for the rest of the season.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
We should stop discussing Zidane if the reports are true that he doesn't want to come here
No way to know if those reports are true. I would be very surprised if an out of work manager isn't interested in the best opening available put it that way.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
No way to know if those reports are true. I would be very surprised if an out of work manager isn't interested in the best opening available put it that way.
They arent coming from less credible sources. He declined us as an option before, its not a stretch he can do it now.

red thru&thru

Ten Hag. If we get really desperate, then Potter.

At least with these managers, I can see what their teams are about. They rely on a system, rather than just individuals.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
At this point, give it to Eddie Howe till the end of the season.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
In all seriousness though, Favre or Blanc wouldnt be a bad shout. At least way better than what we have
Yeah i agree although i dont like both Favre and Blanc as coaches. I am listing a portuguese managers because of the portuguese players at United plus Fred who was coached by Fonseca at Shaktar.. What about Carlos Queiroz as interim?!

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
They arent coming from less credible sources. He declined us as an option before, its not a stretch he can do it now.
We've just seen Conte turn down then accept the spurs job. I'm keeping Zidane as an option for now. We're all speculating anyways.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Its looking like the only option but I can't stand the idea of a caretaker. Feels like we've given up the season when we've got quality players in their prime that shouldn't be wasting. If we are going to get a caretaker then it should be a manager with accolades or that commands respect so the players still believe they can fight and win something. Wenger, Blanc and Ragnick fit the bill I think

Yakuza_devils

It's depressing looking at the realistic available option even for caretaker manager. The realistic caretaker manager now is Howe and Blanc.

Talisker

It may be totally unworkable, but... seeing as there are only another one or two games involving World Cup 2022 qualifiers, would it be out of the question for an International manager with a little time on his hands between international friendlies to take the reigns until a permanent manager is identified?

IFC 1905

Any chance for Gallardo? Any Argentinian fans here?

No chance. He'll stay at River Plate until december. Don't think He would start his career in Europe at an english speaking club. Can see him closer to Spain/France than anywhere else.

But I have absolute no doubt he would do to United what Bielsa did to Leeds, in terms of the football revolution he would cause. And he's better than Marcelo IMHO.

It would be amazing, but won't happen sadly. At least not now. I could see a swap from PSG between Gallardo and Poch though. He played there and Poch could come to United.

peridigm

Sack him now. Kieran as interim until a proper manger is available.
He’s part of the fecking problem. Main coach leading this lot week after week. Ole and his staff need chucked out and a fresh manager and staff brought in. The board really fecked up missing out on Conte. No one else available that would steady the ship and we’ll basically be the same team but with someone else in charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.