Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pearl.Jam

I can only see an ex Utd player with management experience agreeing for this role.

The ones that are out there and available are, Hughes, Bruce, Ince, Keane. Not sure what Blanc is doing. He would be my choice
NURSE!! he’s escaped again

Ixion

Are United with Ronaldo, Rashford, DDG and Pogba in the Europa?
Lose on Tuesday and probably yes?

And we are not winning the CL this season. We havent deserved to win any of our group games.

Sparky Rhiwabon

I can’t see Ten Hag leaving halfway through a season so I reckon if we want to bring in a new permanent manager now, it’ll probably be a case of the best of who is currently available, maybe Zidane.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

And we are not winning the CL this season. We havent deserved to win any of our group games.
Chelsea last season… ahhh forget it

HailtotheKing

Still a bigger club. Not saying PSG is not a big club but United are bigger
Of course United are bigger historically. And we are a bigger club and brand now. But PSG have more chance of winning the Champions League. Plus, Neymar, Mbappe, Messi, um…

MattofManchester

Rangnick till the end of the season, before being moved to DoF.
Ten Hag in the summer.

Ah, the joys if our board were competent.

Ixion

Chelsea last season… ahhh forget it
You can't seriously think Poch can look at PSG this season and us and think I'll jump ship because I've got a better chance to win the CL at United.

Mainoldo

I’ll bet you £200 right now PSG’s dysfunctional squad and Poch ain’t winning not champions league. The only thing that has made them more favourite than us is their manager.

Cassidy

Of course United are bigger historically. And we are a bigger club and brand now. But PSG have more chance of winning the Champions League. Plus, Neymar, Mbappe, Messi, um…
Yes I agree with that.
Still think Poch would really prefer a PL and UCL double thinking about how he spoke at Spurs.

In any case I don’t even want Poch anyway, but I can see why he would want the United job giving he has always wanted it. I also think sometimes people worrying about what you can win THIS season miss the point

Cassidy

You can't seriously think Poch can look at PSG this season and us and think I'll jump ship because I've got a better chance to win the CL at United.
Better chance no way

Ixion

I’ll bet you £200 right now PSG’s dysfunctional squad and Poch ain’t winning not champions league. The only thing that has made them more favourite than us is their manager.
How about I bet you £200 they get further than us?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Half there fans don’t even remember he played for them. It’s not that deep.
I can tell you that their fans have been following Pochettino and dreamed about him joining. PSG fans are mainly in Paris, one thing that can't be said about PSG is that their fans are clueless or not faithful.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
He's probably desperate to get away from that egomaniac has-been refugee from La Liga financial collapse who still thinks he's the main man but is now too old to track back ..oh fek hang on...

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Ten Hag has no reason to stay at Ajax, he has won everything what he possibly could with them. Thus, United job is perfect for his next challenge. Beside, he joined Ajax mid season, it's not like he is a type of guy who refuses to join club mid season.

Mainoldo

I can tell you that their fans have been following Pochettino and dreamed about him joining. PSG fans are mainly in Paris, one thing that can't be said about PSG is that their fans are clueless or not faithful.
I hear that. Not disputing it. But they have been very successful since then and I’m sure he’s not some type of legend there. Ronaldinho and Jay Jay are but for what they have done for world football more than PSG the club.

Delano

We need a coach who is ready to take a step up. I'm done with scraps, easy options, ex-united players or previous reputation hires.

Ten Hag ticks all the boxes for me. He's managed a massive club, promotes youth, plays proper attacking football and looks ready to take the next step. Be ambitious for once and don't take the easy out or cheap option.

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
True.

I probably should’ve said ‘avoid defeat’ but a win would leave us in a very strong position.
Also knows how to speak in headbutts. Will be essential to get the heads of some players out of their butts.

MUFC OK

Just read an article with "Bruce to be caretaker manager"

Read it, and it was Sol Campbell suggesting him! Talk about clickbait.

This savanti guy seems to be dining out on a Jan tweet saying Ronaldo chances at coming back were high.
This guy is a fraud. He’s had no notoriety until now, throwing shit at a wall springs to mind.

MUFC OK

Seeing Ten Hags interview, you have to go for him. Do what it takes. For once make a footballing decision.
He’s defo not shut it down and logically it would be a good move for him. United have a knack of ballsing up when an opportunity to progress presents itself.

The perfect candidate for me.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Poch is a fan of Sir Alex and has good relationship with him. So he could possibly see Man United job is bigger dream job than PSG or Sir Alex is the one who calls him to come.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I hear that. Not disputing it. But they have been very successful since then and I’m sure he’s not some type of legend there. Ronaldinho and Jay Jay are but for what they have done for world football more than PSG the club.
Then you don't know PSG. From that period the fan favorites are the likes of Pauleta, Pochettino(captain) or Yepes. Okocha isn't a PSG legend nor is Ronaldinho.

hurricane thunderclap

I can’t see Ten Hag leaving halfway through a season so I reckon if we want to bring in a new permanent manager now, it’ll probably be a case of the best of who is currently available, maybe Zidane.
You see if you are offered the job now and don't take it and someone else gets it how would you feel? You want the job but you want to stay at the job you currently have for a little longer so you can take the job you really want?
Who thinks like that?
It doesn't matter if the guy you want already is managing a team or playing for a team . It happens all the time. Players Don't have clubs and managers don't have jobs for a reason. It doesn't matter if the manager we want is employed somewhere else. If he is the best choice then you ask the question. It really is that simple, it happens all the time.

Irwin99

Wonder if it's on the cards that Poch won't last at PSG with Zidane waiting for the job so maybe Poch will be sacked mid-season and come here? Other than that I can't see a big manager leaving another club mid-season.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Could we line up like Ajax? Sancho/Rashford through the middle behind a striker, Bruno/Donny on the left and Greenwood/Amad on the right?

If ten Hag is the guy we want I would not be surprised if we tried to get Rooney as an interim. He was apparantly very inspired by van Gaal and decided to work with Cocu as a result. (Not saying it would be smart or work.)
I think there's a chance we might see Bruno as a inside left similar to how Tadic is utilised, with Donny behind the striker and the front 4 interchanging positions. So i'm personally hoping to see the below line up on occasions if ten Hag is appointed and i'm throwing Onana in just for a laugh.

------------Onana

Laird Varane Maguire Shaw

Hannibal - Fred

Sancho VdB Fernandes

Ronaldo

Rashford, Diallo, Mason etc would also be involved in the rotation one would think. But I think the above team could potentially work against the smaller clubs in the short term, as long as they grasp the positional requirements which seem to be quite important in ten Hag's style of play.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
@SportingCP96 What about Amorim as a left-field option? Seems to have done well with Sporting from the little I've seen. Would he be an option (I'm thinking at the end of the season on a permanent basis) do you think, or too soon?

For the record I'm very much in the Ten Haag / Enrique camp, but neither seem likely, even at the end of the season. Brenton would be a disaster I feel, hes just too dislikable and not even that great a coach. Beyond Rose I'm struggling to come up with anymore promising names really, not that I'm all that clued up.
I wrote a detailed post on Amorim in another thread explaining his methods and style of play but in short I don't see Amorim leaving anytime soon. Still only 36 with a lot to learn but he is for sure one of the up and coming coaches to keep an eye on.

At Sporting he is in a project which allows him and the club to grow even more and achieve big things. Sooner rather then later he will leave though.

United right now need a coach to set the foundation for the future of the club and someone who has experience in winning and coaching at the top level.

Zidane is the obvious choice right now but another choice I think could do well at United right now would be Brendan Rodgers.

HailtotheKing

Yes I agree with that.
Still think Poch would really prefer a PL and UCL double thinking about how he spoke at Spurs.

In any case I don’t even want Poch anyway, but I can see why he would want the United job giving he has always wanted it. I also think sometimes people worrying about what you can win THIS season miss the point
Agree but what has Poch won? I’m sure he looks at PSG as a chance to win the Champs League and then he’d be totally made. Totally vindicated. So I’m not sure he’d want to risk that for United mid season whether I want him or not. Who would you want as manager?

lsd

The Oracle
If the interim is going to be an ex United player then I would take Hughes out of the options but only till the end of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.