Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Agree but what has Poch won? I’m sure he looks at PSG as a chance to win the Champs League and then he’d be totally made. Totally vindicated. So I’m not sure he’d want to risk that for United mid season whether I want him or not. Who would you want as manager?
Im not 100% sure who I would want.
I don’t like the way Poch sets his teams up.

Out of the names mentioned, I would take Enrique (not going to happen) or Ten Hag

HailtotheKing

I wrote a detailed post on Amorim in another thread explaining his methods and style of play but in short I don't see Amorim leaving anytime soon. Still only 36 with a lot to learn but he is for sure one of the up and coming coaches to keep an eye on.

At Sporting he is in a project which allows him and the club to grow even more and achieve big things. Sooner rather then later he will leave though.

United right now need a coach to set the foundation for the future of the club and someone who has experience in winning and coaching at the top level.

Zidane is the obvious choice right now but another choice I think could do well at United right now would be Brendan Rodgers.
Ignoring the Liverpool connections, I think Rogers could do well here. What do you think about Zidane? I worry that he’s only done it with a squad that was totally made. Also who were his coaches? How good are they, considering he’s not really a coach himself, more of a man manager like ole but with a lot more respect.

Mainoldo

Then you don't know PSG. From that period the fan favorites are the likes of Pauleta, Pochettino(captain) or Yepes. Okocha isn't a PSG legend nor is Ronaldinho.
I know they aren’t. Which is my whole point. It’s like City fans loving the fact Richard Dunne is in charge. In this day and age. PSG Fans do not care. Football isn’t filled with sentiment like United. Zlatan holds more weight than Poch.

peridigm

Ten Hag has no reason to stay at Ajax, he has won everything what he possibly could with them. Thus, United job is perfect for his next challenge. Beside, he joined Ajax mid season, it's not like he is a type of guy who refuses to join club mid season.
Interesting. Did not realize that but I see he did leave Utrecht to join Ajax in December 2017. We should be moving for him now. Forget Poch.

Matt851

If the interim is going to be an ex United player then I would take Hughes out of the options but only till the end of the season
Wtf is this. I know we are a basket case but I can't even see us going for another ex United player who has never won anything as a coach

Devil81

Why are we all of the assumption Ten Hag won't leave Ajax mid season.

Got to be worth an effort to get him now.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I know they aren’t. Which is my whole point. It’s like City fans loving the fact Richard Dunne is in charge. In this day and age. PSG Fans do not care. Football isn’t filled with sentiment like United. Zlatan holds more weight than Poch.
But PSG fans cared, for years they wanted him to go back to PSG. And no Zlatan doesn't holds more weight than Poch, mainly because many PSG fans aren't fan of the QSI era, many of them weren't wanted by the new owners in particular Auteuil and Boulogne fans.

One thing that people probably need to keep in mind when they talk about PSG is that their fans are full of sentiments, the club may not but the fans do, they love their former players.

Flexdegea

Ajax manager should be the man.

No doubt we will totally feck up this appointment with some clown like Rodgers or Southgate :lol:

hurricane thunderclap

But PSG fans cared, for years they wanted him to go back to PSG. And no Zlatan doesn't holds more weight than Poch, mainly because many PSG fans aren't fan of the QSI era, many of them weren't wanted by the new owners in particular Auteuil and Boulogne fans.
Interesting discussion....if you support PSG.

Womp

idiot
Enrique or Ten Hag. Get an interim until the end of the year, if need be.

About time we let a modern coach modernise the club

Dante

Average bang
The next permanent manager will be either Ten Hag or Pochettino. I'd put money on it if I were a betting man.

We already know that the interim manager is only going to be here till the end of the season. That means the main man won't be available until June. So not Zidane, Blanc, Potter or Ragnick who are all available right now.

We also know that United haven't contacted Rodgers or his people. So not Rodgers.

And we know that United wouldn't go near an ex-City man. So not Mancini.

And we know that United have a reasonable amount of confidence about who it will be because they have a specific employment date in mind. This means informal talks must have taken place already. So not Enrique who thought it was an April Fools joke.

And we know that United aren't going to repeat the Moyes mistake by appointing somebody who lacks a big presence and a decent CL track record to back it up. So not Rose or Galtier or some random bloke from South America.

It's got to be either Ten Hag - who's been at Ajax for 3 years and is coming to a natural end at the club. Or Pochettino - who we've had an open line of communication with since 2018. I can't see anybody else being a realistic shout. I'm personally hoping it's the former.

Mainoldo

One thing that people probably need to keep in mind when they talk about PSG is that their fans are full of sentiments, the club may not but the fans do, they love their former players.
Cool well he should stay there for a couple years then.:lol:

the_cliff

So I really have a bad feeling about this Carrick appointment. Wouldn't put it past the management to keep Carrick/Fletcher until the end of the season and not seriously look for a competent interim.

Bwuk

It’ll be Pochettino or Ten Hag. Brendan will be the back up option.

JPRouve

Scout
I was a huge fan. But I’m over it. Do not want:D
Same, I don't think that you can become a winner out of the blue. I would have been happy with him instead of Ole because I would trust him for the Europa League to CL phase but our current team is supposed to aim higher and the younger players need to be taught a winning mentality.

Mainoldo

Same, I don't think that you can become a winner out of the blue. I would have been happy with him instead of Ole because I would trust him for the Europa League to CL phase but our current team is supposed to aim higher and the younger players need to be taught a winning mentality.
Yeah the psg current run doesn’t phase me. I believe he’s still a top manager. People won’t understand how hard it is for a manager of his principles to accommodate that front 3. But I’m in the boat of the time to get him was last year and probably similar to you where the natural aging of the team was ready for him. It’s moved on now. We need ruthless winning mentality

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
Reading some of the tactical stuff suddenly appearing on this thread either:
1. We are being invaded by some of the worlds best tactical analysts
2. People are just quoting straight off a coaching manual from the internet
3. People are just making it up
I think we need a coach who employs the triple pivot reversing the fullbacks to release the false number 11:houllier:

AshRK

So I really have a bad feeling about this Carrick appointment. Wouldn't put it past the management to keep Carrick/Fletcher until the end of the season and not seriously look for a competent interim.
This season sadly has become a write off thanks to the incompetence of our board. We could have salvaged this season had we sacked Ole after the Liverpool thrashing but we dithered and kept him only to sack him after dropping more stupid points. If anyone gives me top4 right now , I would bite their hands and take it. Doubt we will be able to finish top 4 with carrick/fletcher.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I think…

Man United secretly want Pochettino
Pochettino secretly wants United
PSG secretly want Zidane
Zidane secretly wants PSG

…but no one wants to lose face or irritate anyone. Let’s get round the table and work it out like adults. I really feel like Poch would prove a lot of people wrong given the chance here.

AshRK

Yeah the psg current run doesn’t phase me. I believe he’s still a top manager. People won’t understand how hard it is for a manager of his principles to accommodate that front 3. But I’m in the boat of the time to get him was last year and probably similar to you where the natural aging of the team was ready for him. It’s moved on now. We need ruthless winning mentality
Who would you want?

Devil may care

A "come and get me" if I ever saw one...

Am I also the only one in thinking that he looks like a magician/illusionist?
He'll need to be here.

My dream scenario is:

Tchouameni in January.
Ten Hag in June.
Frenkie de Jong in June.
The filth! :drool:

I reckon Ten Hag is more likely to join immediately than Poch.
Agreed, Poch will be sniped before they let him walk, Ajax will shake Ten Hag's hand and give him a ceremonial clog.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
It’s definitely Poch isn’t it. It’s the appointment we should’ve made 3 years ago and again the one we should’ve made last year.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
It’s definitely Poch isn’t it. It’s the appointment we should’ve made 3 years ago and again the one we should’ve made last year.
I suspect he will be more flexible to the Disneyland thing than ETH would have been. But there are a few players who won't be here in three years time if he is to succeed.

Eddy_JukeZ

I easily want Ten Hag over Pochettino.

I think the ceiling is higher and I don't think PSG have been that impressive under Pochettino. We'll see how they fare in the knockouts this season.

JPRouve

Scout
Who would be your dream candidate?
I like ten Hag, I like his style and while I don't think that he is a sure thing the risk could be worth it. Otherwise it's Rose and Marsch but they won't be available in the near future unless they fail at their current jobs.
If I could just pick a manager without limit, it would be Klopp and Tuchel as my top two picks.

MUFC OK

Why are we all of the assumption Ten Hag won't leave Ajax mid season.

Got to be worth an effort to get him now.
No reason why we can’t - Chelsea would have this tied up by now. This ownership have made us believe everything is a struggle.

Praying we can get Ten Hag, we should be moving heaven and earth to sort this.

AshRK

Realistic? Ten Hag, I think he’s on the right trajectory and his playing style isn’t old school.

But if it could be done. Would rather Zidane.
Fair enough. Feel if zidane was to happen, it would have by now. He seems not interested to come to England.

Ten haag would be my choice as well.

Westerkerk

The next permanent manager will be either Ten Hag or Pochettino. I'd put money on it if I were a betting man.

We already know that the interim manager is only going to be here till the end of the season. That means the main man won't be available until June. So not Zidane, Blanc, Potter or Ragnick who are all available right now.

We also know that United haven't contacted Rodgers or his people. So not Rodgers.

And we know that United wouldn't go near an ex-City man. So not Mancini.

And we know that United have a reasonable amount of confidence about who it will be because they have a specific employment date in mind. This means informal talks must have taken place already. So not Enrique who thought it was an April Fools joke.

And we know that United aren't going to repeat the Moyes mistake by appointing somebody who lacks a big presence and a decent CL track record to back it up. So not Rose or Galtier or some random bloke from South America.

It's got to be either Ten Hag - who's been at Ajax for 3 years and is coming to a natural end at the club. Or Pochettino - who we've had an open line of communication with since 2018. I can't see anybody else being a realistic shout. I'm personally hoping it's the former.
Well reasoned and I agree, still leaves me wondering a couple of things. Who out there would take the job as an interim knowing they'll be replaced in the summer? And are the people who run our club really capable of getting rid of the interim if they do well, to execute that plan?

I can only assume an interim manager will be an internal appointment, which is a mistake in my opinion and we can just write the season off.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
I like ten Hag, I like his style and while I don't think that he is a sure thing the risk could be worth it. Otherwise it's Rose and Marsch but they won't be available in the near future unless they fail at their current jobs.
If I could just pick a manager without limit, it would be Klopp and Tuchel as my top two picks.
So Zidane is not among your dream candidates?

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Oh, that is what is going to happen, or he will get six weeks at least. Don't get your hopes up about a real interim, the club clearly wanted Ole to see the season out, which must be due to them having someone lined up in the Summer. No way are they just giving Carrick 1 or 2 games.

ED_209

Supports
Coritiba
They should start negotiating with Ten Hag/Ajax now, even if he can't take over this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.