Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
4 hours before Castles broke the news of him being sacked.

Custis released that article saying Ole has been sacked 4 hours before Castles said he's been sacked.
How is that possible though? Castles said the emergency meeting was happening at 6.20pm. 4 hours before that we hadn't even finished the match.

Custis might have jumped the gun at that point and guessed, but there's no way he knew before that. Castles was the first to report the meeting by miles.

TheHeya

The performances and style of play is not going to change whilst Carrick and Phelan are in charge. Get an interim who knows what they are doing asap

crossy1686

career ending
Should we compare watfords wage budget ?
I mean we can if you want but we all know the level of the PL compared to Europes fringe leagues is way more competitive and it’s really the only league that bucks the financial trends, which is why it’s the most watched league in the world. In every other league around the world the biggest spenders are the biggest winners 9/10

hobbers

If we hire Brendan over all the better options I hope we plummet down the table, dont get anywhere in the CL and FA cup, fail fast enough to get him sacked by the end of the season. It would be far more vile mismanagement than anything the board have done before.

Chip

Think Koeman or Roy Hodgson could do a job? Maybe give one of them a shot for the rest of the season to see if it might work? They could bring stability at least lol

Zapata

the most likely one is probably rodgers, since Leicester are doing pretty bad and if we make it to summer with another interim unlikely he'd be the top target if ten hag or poch are an option.

Coops73

Hold on, there’s a tweet saying no way and then from the same guy yay! 2 minutes apart, I mean I’m a bit thick with this new Twitter bollocks but surely this Wheeler geezer can’t be taken seriously.

They say things move quickly in football but feck me, that’s taking the piss.

Dempsey19

Pochettino really?

More misery incoming.
Think Koeman or Roy Hodgson could do a job? Maybe give one of them a shot for the rest of the season to see if it might work? They could bring stability at least lol
You almost had me there. Had my reply wrote out then noticed the white text.

the_cliff

How is that possible though? Castles said the emergency meeting was happening at 6.20pm. 4 hours before that we hadn't even finished the match.

Custis might have jumped the gun at that point and guessed, but there's no way he knew before that. Castles was the first to report the meeting by miles.
Yes Castles reported there was an emergency meeting, but Custis reported he's been sacked 4 hours before Duncan Castles reported he's been sacked.

We had an emergency meeting after Liverpool, not every emergency meeting ends in the sacking of the manager.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Serious question, if Pochettino wins the league (given) at and gets to the final or wins the CL with PSG this year, are people still going to discount him because he never won a trophy at Spurs? I see a lot of people saying he isn’t good enough but then in the same breath touting Ten Hag as first pick, who’s done less in a lesser league.
ETH has done more in a lesser league'

the_cliff

One thing I'll say about Poch is I think he's a much better fit for United then PSG but PSG's performances this season have been very poor with the resources available
Tbf to him PSG are notoriously badly run, everyone knows Leonardo has problems with many players/managers and Tuchel struggled there before leaving Chelsea.

Dominos

Oh no, Custis isn't 100% reliable but he has some sources for sure.

Strange that he doesn't want to see out the season at PSG, win the league and have a chance at the champions league. I suppose he knows if gets knocked out the CL quarter finals, he'll probably get sacked the next day so he won't even get to say he won the league.

He may also not want to miss the boat on the United job knowing we may go with someone else if he doesn't take it right now.

I'm not a massive fan, of the speculated candidates he'd be 3rd choice behind Ten Hag and Zidane.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yes Castles reported there was an emergency meeting, but Custis reported he's been sacked 4 hours before Duncan Castles reported he's been sacked.

We had an emergency meeting after Liverpool, not every emergency meeting ends in the sacking of the manager.
Right well he obviously guessed at that stage then. Wasn't hard to figure out.

The leaks of his sacking started around 9pm

lsd

The Oracle
I think the best way to settle this is who has the best hair and for me it's Pochettino.

We have to think of what the players are when they look to the bench for inspiration and I don't see Ronaldo being inspired by people with no hair or poor hair styles.

Dominos

I thought Castles was first?
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/16798605/man-utd-solskjaer-managed-last-game-watford/

4 hours before Duncan Castles 'broke' the news. It went under the radar because he reports for the sun. Maybe it was guesswork but what's interesting is no one mentioned the 7.5 mill payoff before him.
Castles broke the news of the board meeting being scheduled with the agenda being Ole's dismissal. The rest of the media piggyback on his story for the rest of the evening.

Custis was first to put his neck on the line that he was sacked and Ole had said goodbye to players, this was claimed after Castles' story about the emergency board meeting.

Castles was the first to report the result of the board meeting that he had indeed been sacked, which the rest of the media shortly followed. I think Castles reported that Ole's payoff would be 7.5 million on his podcast weeks ago, or at least I recall he was reporting he'd only get 1 year's compensation.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
It'd be very typical of us to buy out Pochettinos contract, a Manager that PSG don't overly want and actually saves them the hassle of having to fork out compensation for the obvious sacking when Zidane decides to take his thumb out of his arse and want to Manage again.

Rolaholic

I think the best way to settle this is who has the best hair and for me it's Pochettino.

We have to think of what the players are when they look to the bench for inspiration and I don't see Ronaldo being inspired by people with no hair or poor hair styles.
He had some of his most successful years under a baldie though

the_cliff

Castles broke the news of the board meeting being scheduled with the agenda being Ole's dismissal. The rest of the media piggyback on his story for the rest of the evenings.

Custis was first to put his neck on the line that he was sacked and Ole had said goodbye to players, this was claimed after Castles' story about the emergency board meeting.

Castles was the first to report the result of the board meeting that he had indeed been sacked, which the rest of the media shortly followed. Castles reported that Ole's payoff would be 7.5 million weeks ago.
iirc the only manager Castles has linked us with is Zidane and Brendan and this was before Ole was sacked.

hobbers

It'd be very typical of us to buy out Pochettinos contract, a Manager that PSG don't overly want and actually saves them the hassle of having to fork out compensation for the obvious sacking when Zidane decides to take his thumb out of his arse and want to Manage again.
Not the worst contract we could buy out though let's be real. :lol: :nervous:

kerrygold

Supports
united
Agents hard at work getting their clients names front and center.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
The club announced that an interim manager will be sought yet the stories are Pochettino or Rodgers now? Something doesn't add up.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
They are behind us in the table despite beating us. Thats how poor they have been. :D
First of all, we had a decent start and our form since the first 5 games has plummeted. They also played us off the park. And I'm not judging rodgers on just this season. He's had them in genuine top 4 contention for the past 2 season with a squad half as good as ours. But if you'd rather have stuck with Ole then fair play.

Status
Not open for further replies.