Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Fine with Poch but only if we try real hard for ETH

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Oh that's too bad I do see where you are coming from but it must be atleast fun watching your team and it would be quite an interesting thing with all the talk of Ten Hag being the next big Manager on the horizon and he ends up losing the league to Slot's Feyenoord .
Could it happen?
Well, if we win our game in hand we're top of the table just before the winter break, but honestly, no, the difference in quality is too great. Maybe if we upset Ajax on December 19.

R'hllor

If Poch becomes a United manager, should Amadeus go right on ignore or its more worth reading his posts

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
If Poch becomes a United manager, should Amadeus go right on ignore or its more worth reading his posts
I think a pre-emptive ban would have to be in order. We'd be longing for sammsky's woop woop threads after about three weeks.

hurricane thunderclap

It isn't. It was false nines,possession, tikka feckin tikka. It was pass and move. Poch isn't playing pressing football nor is ten hag. You see utd getting beaten because they push up on the worst back four in the country and assume if it works against us then it works for us. It doesn't.
It is a buzzword.
I will put it another way. When you get utd pressing and ronaldo wins the ball in midfield what does he do? Or maybe the midfield win the ball we play with the natural pace we have and give it to ronaldo in the box with space and time?
Pressing suits some squads but not our present team.

RepardReece

Yeah if you have someone more willing to commit then despite him being my second choice it's a no brainer
Gotta agree too. Would definitely prefer Ten Hag, he seems like the next big manager, but based on reports Poch seems to be really eager for the job - which I do like.

diarm

Spot on
So the only way we can land Ten Hag is if we also replace Woodward and Murtough with Van der Sar and Overmars first?

That's like being told that the only way Scarlett Johansson is going to go to bed with you is if you finger bang her mates Mila Kunis and Natalie Portman first.

croadyman

Gotta agree too. Would definitely prefer Ten Hag, he seems like the next big manager, but based on reports Poch seems to be really eager for the job - which I do like.
Yeah I do too but can also see where people are coming from who worry about Pochettino record in the big games

croadyman

So the only way we can land Ten Hag is if we also replace Woodward and Murtough with Van der Sar and Overmars first?

That's like being told that the only way Scarlett Johansson is going to go to bed with you is if you finger bang her mates Mila Kunis and Natalie Portman first.
See this is exactly what I meant about him wanting a structure above him in place

Kaos

Pretty much :lol:

Dream scenario for us fans, but also makes it all the more unlikely. Parasites aren't going to replace their manbaby gimp with some actual footballing heads.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
There isn't a long ter..

Spot on
Yeah, he can stay with Ajax because that isn't happening. These things make me wonder if he is serious about the job. Would he make the same request with Barca or for any other big club ?

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
Yeah, he stood no chance against that world class player laden Leicester City side.
Did Spurs have more world class players than Leicester?
Both teams were carried by two players.
Poch got Mourinho’d. It was all down to luck really.

Chairman Steve

Happy with the choice of either ETH or Poch. Would prefer ETH because its probably more exciting than a known quantity like Poch, who I’ve personally soured on since he joined PSG… but then again, it’s PSG which is a bit of a circus. Tuchel probably didn’t look all that good a year ago when he was having problems but look at him now at Chelsea.

Either guy is a risk at the end of the day. No-ones a cert to be successful. ETH could end up being like AVB/Chelsea whilst Poch could be the guy who takes us to the desired next level… Who knows until we do it?

Devil may care

There's no point in arguing about Ten Hag vs Poch in terms of success as neither have won a major trophy in a top league, for me it's about how they approach football, Ten Hag is a front foot, pressing and possession based manager who looks to be the agressor in every game, Poch plays a middle of the road brand of football that reverts to reactive chicken shit football against good teams.

croadyman

Pretty much :lol:

Dream scenario for us fans, but also makes it all the more unlikely. Parasites aren't going to replace their manbaby gimp with some actual footballing heads.
Yeah it's what we desperately want to happen but like I feared too much change being demanded

diarm

There isn't a long ter..
Yeah, he can stay with Ajax because that isn't happening. These things make me wonder if he is serious about the job. Would he make the same request with Barca or for any other big club ?
Bit like how Klopp wasn't serious when he met with Woodward and likened the club to Disneyland?

Thank God we dodged that bullet.

Snuffkin

Pochettino is a yes man which appeals to the owners. It wont appeal to fans.
Ole was a yes man but got away with it because of his legendary status. Same with Fergie. Poch wont last a season, there will be protests.

Lentwood

Whoever the next manager is, I do think it's important that the fans are generally broadly supportive from the outset.

I feel with the last two managers, Ole and Jose, that a significant portion of the fanbase were against them from the beginning, and were constantly waiting to stick the boot in. Jose because of his style and his Chelsea connections and Ole because of the 'relegated Cardiff', 'Glazer patsy' narrative.

I worry if we appointed someone like Brendan Rodgers, this would be the case again. I am also surprised Pochettino seems to be an unpopular choice, you only have to look after Spurs before, during and after to see what a good job he did. Also, manages a much better side than us right now, so not sure what the issue is with him.

It seems broadly that most people want Ten Hag or Zidane, I feel both carry risks, although I certainly feel there would be a general air of good-feeling towards either, which is a positive.

We can debate exactly how much impact the fans can have in general, but I do think it helps if the majority believe whoever we choose is the correct appointment

croadyman

Happy with the choice of either ETH or Poch. Would prefer ETH because its probably more exciting than a known quantity like Poch, who I’ve personally soured on since he joined PSG… but then again, it’s PSG which is a bit of a circus. Tuchel probably didn’t look all that good a year ago when he was having problems but look at him now at Chelsea.

Either guy is a risk at the end of the day. No-ones a cert to be successful. ETH could end up being like AVB/Chelsea whilst Poch could be the guy who takes us to the desired next level… Who knows until we do it?
Yeah think it's time I got on board with Pochettino managing this club over Ten Hag. Hey you never know maybe we could still see him in that Old Trafford home dugout one day. Obviously only when those Yankee leeches sell up

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Let it go buddy. The stats of where the top strikers get their goals tell you all you need to know about scoring. Either that or actually watch the teams with the top players and scorers. They get the ball to the man....in space...in the box...who scores goals, all the time

We are not liverpool
Let what go?
That's a very simplistic way of looking at football. But if we are stripping it down to that level of basic football. Most managers have a preferred style of play or a style that they are best at coaching. You want to hire a manager who most suits the style of your top star and highest earner which is Ronaldo. That isn't pressing, so why would we hire a manager who preference is to play that style of football.

Last edited:

peridigm

What happens if a new permanent manager comes in, Carrick and McKenna stay on as coaches, and we continue to serve up the garbage we saw under Ole? I hope those two are not contingent on whoever becomes manager.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
What happens if a new permanent manager comes in, Carrick and McKenna stay on as coaches, and we continue to serve up the garbage we saw under Ole? I hope those two are not contingent on whoever becomes manager.
That's presumably upto whoever comes in. I think Poch will bring his own guys though.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Pretty sure no manager worth their salt is going to keep them on and give them anything important to do, if they don't think they are up to the task.

Example LVG and Giggs, Giggs wasn't doing much in relality.

croadyman

Bit like how Klopp wasn't serious when he met with Woodward and likened the club to Disneyland?

Thank God we dodged that bullet.
This club won't cater to someone demanding people are put in place unlike we have seen down the road so just gotta live with that

Status
Not open for further replies.