Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberman

I see Ten Hag is the new flavor of the month. With the way Conte has Spurs playing, waiting for ten Hag at the end of the season would mean United out of top 4. If Poch wants to join now, get him sign up.
What way does Conte have Spurs playing?

Judas

Open to offers
I see Ten Hag is the new flavor of the month. With the way Conte has Spurs playing, waiting for ten Hag at the end of the season would mean United out of top 4. If Poch wants to join now, get him sign up.
What’s been that impressive about Spurs? They scraped past a team we battered, and we’re useless!

Laurencio

I feel like I'm either being pranked, or that this French Cup has some mythical status I've somehow been oblivious to for 35 years.

It's the bloody French Cup lads. He won it playing against farmers with a billion € squad.

He punched above their weight with Spurs before getting sacked by them for not being able to make the next step. He wasn't able to come back from a point behind with 25 games to play in the French League last year.

It's absolutely fine if you like him and reckon he's worth a punt. But it's also OK that other people might expect more from the CV of a potential Man Utd manager.

Stop trying to make out like those people are being utterly unreasonable and please, please stop using the French bloody Cup as your justification.
I think you've read too much into some of the comments. No one is suggesting winning the French cup is a massive achievement. PSG should obviously win everything in France every single year. He became manager in January was PSG manager for less than 6 months of the season and won a cup. In his first full season he's 11 points clear. That's not arguments as to why he's a sensational winner, it's just facts.

His most impressive achievements are by far how he built Southampton into a very entertaining side, and had Spurs punching well above their weight with significant budget constraints. That's why most Pochettino supporters believe he'd do well - not his two half-seasons at PSG.

I agree fully that there are questions about his ability to win trophies - I personally believe he can with the right club, but there's plenty of arguments as to why not. Obviously that is a fair discussion and a fair point to make. My issue is with the characterisation of his mentality as a "quitter" just because he'd want to join us instead of winning the French league and another cup with PSG.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
You obviously didn't watch Spurs on Sunday.

Matt851

I think you've read too much into some of the comments. No one is suggesting winning the French cup is a massive achievement. PSG should obviously win everything in France every single year. He became manager in January was PSG manager for less than 6 months of the season and won a cup. In his first full season he's 11 points clear. That's not arguments as to why he's a sensational winner, it's just facts.

His most impressive achievements are by far how he built Southampton into a very entertaining side, and had Spurs punching well above their weight with significant budget constraints. That's why most Pochettino supporters believe he'd do well - not his two half-seasons at PSG.

I agree fully that there are questions about his ability to win trophies - I personally believe he can with the right club, but there's plenty of arguments as to why not. Obviously that is a fair discussion and a fair point to make. My issue is with the characterisation of his mentality as a "quitter" just because he'd want to join us instead of winning the French league and another cup with PSG.
Sacked by spurs for not making the next step, and what has happened to spurs since then?

The spurs squad was in desperate need of a refresh for his last few years and levy refused to invest, when he did before poch's final season he bought players he didn't want. As a result poch got increasingly frustrated, most spurs fans I know were incredibly frustrated with levy for not backing him

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
It would be funny if Poch joined and denied Levy and Spuds top 4.

Laurencio

Sacked by spurs for not making the next step, and what has happened to spurs since then?

The spurs squad was in desperate need of a refresh for his last few years and levy refused to invest, when he did before poch's final season he bought players he didn't want. As a result poch got increasingly frustrated, most spurs fans I know were incredibly frustrated with levy for not backing him
I think maybe you quoted the wrong post, but I certainly agree with you. Spurs not taking the step up was not Pochettino's fault.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
If you call Ten Hag flavor of the month, you are just saying you are clueless. Already back in 2018/2019 he was super high rated because of the brilliant achievement with that Ajax team, at times playing Real, Bayern, Juve off the park. The team was very good, but the coaching was absolutely brilliant and of the highest level.

It actually has been throughout, he had to rebuild and Ajax did get very unlucky a few times since then. That Chelsea match at Stamford Bridge is one of the biggest jokes I've ever seen in the CL where they were literally killing Chelsea until the ref changed the game.

No he isnt perfect, no his side isn't perfect, but the funny thing is that some of Ole's most fervent supporters will be asking these things just to discredit him. Which makes 0 sense.

romufc

I see no one has answered my question about why ten Hag is so highly rated, so I guess none of you actually know?
He‘s won some domestic trophies at Ajax, big deal. Most managers would be able to do that managing Ajax in the Dutch league.
He is the popular name on caf but I can guarantee most haven't watched Ajax outside of a few CL games.

Like I have said previously, Frank De Boer won 3 back to back dutch titles, look at his reign in the PL.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
There have been a ton of posts highlighting why he is so highly rated. Especially his CHL runs with Ajax have been very impressive. Much better than anything we have seen from Ajax in several years before him.

Also your second point is weird. How come 14/15, 15/16 and 17/18 season PSV won? And 16/17 it was Feyenoord.
Ten Hag is the guy who has brought Ajax back to the throne.
Which is also why many want him to do the same for United.
You just agree it’s one hell of a leap of faith though, to expect him to transfer what he’s done at Ajax across to Utd. There are so many differences between the set ups of the two teams. I get that any manager is, to an extent, a leap of faith though.

Lyng

He is the popular name on caf but I can guarantee most haven't watched Ajax outside of a few CL games.

Like I have said previously, Frank De Boer won 3 back to back dutch titles, look at his reign in the PL.
Ajax was in a bad spot when Ten Hag joined and he transformed them.
Comments like flavor of the month or anyone can win with Ajax just prove how clueless some people are. Funny enough the same people who claim anyone wanting TH never watched them outside CHL.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

I would say each of Poch, Ten Hag, Rodgers and Zidane has positives and negatives. Each of us probably has his own ranking when it comes to those and there are a lot saying they don't want one particular out of this group.
To be honest I am quite fine with each of them (preferring Poch or Ten Hag myself) but really hope we can get him in now. Why waste so much time and bring him in the summer? Whoever it will be needs to get a picture of the squad and start transforming and use the next summer wisely.

MUFC OK

Julien Laurens has just said on Talksport that he is confident Utd will get Poch now, with Zidane going to PSG.

Putting all banter aside

Comparing De Boer and Ten Hag is ridiculous. Ten Hag was already outstanding at FC Utrecht with quite remarkable change in playing style. Before that he was well regarded as an innovative coach at Bayern Munich where he trained the second team. Personally, having a soft spot for Feyenoord, I hate to admit it, but this is the best coach that Ajax had the last 25 years.

Rightnr

Rodgers needs to be kicked to the curb already. You don't come to United having completely failed in your previous job.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Le Parisien are reporting that Zidane is concerned for his relatives in Marseille if he takes the PSG job, so has doubts about taking the job.

romufc

Ajax was in a bad spot when Ten Hag joined and he transformed them.
Comments like flavor of the month or anyone can win with Ajax just prove how clueless some people are. Funny enough the same people who claim anyone wanting TH never watched them outside CHL.
A bad spot? finishing 2nd in the league?

I am not against Ten Hag taking over, the love for him is just a bit over the top. Are you trying to say you watch every Ajax game?

Laurencio

You just agree it’s one hell of a leap of faith though, to expect him to transfer what he’s done at Ajax across to Utd. There are so many differences between the set ups of the two teams. I get that any manager is, to an extent, a leap of faith though.
Well it's refreshing to discuss the merits of good progressive managers for once. Honestly, whomever we end up with out of Ten Hag or Pochettino - we'll be getting a massive upgrade

Julien Laurens has just said on Talksport that he is confident Utd will get Poch now, with Zidane going to PSG.
While that it is great news that we don't need to wait 6 months for a decent manager to come in - if this turns out to be true. You have to start questioning how incompetent the board is for basically announcing that Carrick would be an interim until they would get an interim until the summer at which point they would start looking for a new manager.

I mean... didn't they even talk to Poch or Ten Hag's people beforehand?

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Is that Bouhafsi guy still around or is he doing politics now? He was the most reliable for French football news. Anyways, the fact that the rumors started so fast and continue to fester with no denials from Pochettino or PSG makes me think the negotiations are happening and this will be done soon.

Udmaster

Pochettino is the right choice for us, lets grab him now,
Zidane is gloating around for his psg job, his fear is that the utd job will taint his soft Beautiful CV.

Get Poch now,
He is modern and tactically astute,
He will do wonders with this squad.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Le Parisien are reporting that Zidane is concerned for his relatives in Marseille if he takes the PSG job, so has doubts about taking the job.
Zidane seems like an absolute melt. Doesn’t want this, doesn’t want that etc.

Lyng

A bad spot? finishing 2nd in the league?

I am not against Ten Hag taking over, the love for him is just a bit over the top. Are you trying to say you watch every Ajax game?
I watch alot of them yes as well as german football. The danish super liga is so slow and boring that I watch international football instead. Its how I came to love United when I was very young.

I do however agree that Ten Hag is not the second coming of Ferguson, but I do believe the posts reducing him to flavor of the month are plain silly.

2nd place for several seasons mind, which for ajax is a bad spot.

KingCavani

If it’s remotely possible then we have to do everything to get it done now.

Having an extra 6 months of games to evaluate the squad and implement his philosophy will be huge. This cannot turn into a wasted season with yet another hard reset at the end of it.

I’d be split between Poch and Ten Hag but if it’s a choice between Poch now or Ten Hag in the summer it isn’t even close. Get Poch.

Rightnr

As much as rate Zidane's ability to make demands and feck off Real Madrid twice, the guy's coming across as a prima Donna at this point :lol: .

As for PSG wanting £10m, compare and contrast to United who are not state-owned and still waste huge amounts of money and make gestures all the time.

romufc

I watch alot of them yes as well as german football. The danish super liga is so slow and boring that I watch international football instead. Its how I came to love United when I was very young.

I do however agree that Ten Hag is not the second coming of Ferguson, but I do believe the posts reducing him to flavor of the month are plain silly.

2nd place for several seasons mind, which for ajax is a bad spot.
Fair enough, like I said, I am not against him as a manager.

What I am is vary of how quickly / successfully he can implement his system at United and with this squad.

It took Pep one season to implement his system with a big budget, a team that won the league. Will the fans give him the time?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I know full well he's won 2 and drawn 2 in the champions league. The squad is still one of if not the best in the world, he's looking to walk away. That doesn't sit right
The problem he has is that he didn't sign those players. Leonardo did. Mbappe doesn't want to be there, Messi doesn't really want to be there. Neymar is a pain in the arse. Icardi and wife are a pain in the arse. Leonardo is an even bigger pain in the arse. I don't blame him for wanting away from there. Will be great watching the match up between Leonardo and Zidane, who if the French job becomes available will jump ship as well.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Looks like it’ll be Poch

Probably my (distant) second choice after Ten Hag, although I doubt the Board really know much about the latter so I assumed it wouldn’t be him

Think Hag will end up at City

Status
Not open for further replies.