Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh 76

What happens now? Ole wont be sacked after a win and we know that whether its the next game or a matter of weeks, there is going to be another rollercoaster of performances, it'll put the final nail in the coffin in the season and we will end up with Rodgers.

I really appreciate what Ole did for us as a player and his moments as a manager, but how long can we stay on this merry-go-round.

It'll only be a matter of time before Conte is snapped up by another club.
Maybe all the managers Utd have approached have said they don’t want the job until of the season. So Utd have decided to keep Ole until then.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Maybe all the managers Utd have approached have said they don’t want the job until of the season. So Utd have decided to keep Ole until then.
Plenty of other clubs have changed managers mid-season, it's ridiculous to suggest we can't find one.

Josh 76

Plenty of other clubs have changed managers mid-season, it's ridiculous to suggest we can't find one.
The only two managers that are available right now is Conte and Zidane. Maybe they are not what Utd want or they might not want it.

The other managers mentioned are all in a job.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Based on the polls in here, the two most popular candidates are probably Potter (few votes in that thread) and ten Hag.

Conte and Rodgers gets quite a few votes too, but also alot against.

Cal?

CR7 fan
The only two managers that are available right now is Conte and Zidane. Maybe they are not what Utd want or they might not want it.

The other managers mentioned are all in a job.
2 excellent managers are available on the market and United don't want either (or aren't willing to pay) and prefer to wait for lesser options? That tells us exactly what's wrong with the club.

soapythecat

Brighton played well yesterday. Look at the players they have, I do think Potter is a fine manager. Their football is wonderful at times. He’s still my pick for moving Jnited forward with exciting football.
Yesterdays result, as lovely as it was, still highlights how easy we are to breakdown. Spurs fluffed their chances and we took some good ones. Ole is still a poor choice but until we drop out of top 4 at the end of the season (of this I’m convinced) he will be in a job.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
ten Hag would be a realistic fit for the club and he is available after 2022-2023.
He is not going to leave Ajax mid season. That leaves us with Conte.
To see this remainder of this season and be here for another season.
This would ensure we are fighting for trophies at least.

I doubt anyone worthwhile will come here for just half a season.
Unless the board is willing to write off this season for a caretaker manager.

And the speculation of keeping Ole until season end is diabolical.
How many players will be destroyed by then?

Sancho, Donny....

Floyd_deeps

Is there a specific reason there is no love for Luis Enrique here? Or the low endorsement for him is due to the Spanish NT duties? In any case, he is criminally underrated. I for one found his Barca more watchable than Pep’s Barca. That may just be me though!

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Is there a specific reason there is no love for Luis Enrique here? Or the low endorsement for him is due to the Spanish NT duties? In any case, he is criminally underrated. I for one found his Barca more watchable than Pep’s Barca. That may just be me though!
Enrique is a good coach.
Not sure what his commitment to Spain is.

Just wanted to add if we went the interim manager route, we could do a lot worse than Nicky Butt.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Don't think anyone thinks he'll leave the Spain job before the world cup.

FatTails

I keep thinking, if we had never hired David Moyes, and he’s currently doing what he’s doing with West Ham, how many votes would he have in this thread?

Maybe more than both Potter and Rodgers?

JanK

Supports
Napoli
I keep thinking, if we had never hired David Moyes, and he’s currently doing what he’s doing with West Ham, how many votes would he have in this thread?

Maybe more than both Potter and Rodgers?
No, because Moyes's football is crap compared to Potter and Rodgers. Also, Moyes is a dinosaur. He has no freshness and innovation in him.

But our fellow members have their own theories who'd be the most suitable one, such as "he's a Scot" or "he is PL-proven". Funny guys y'all. Ambitious fans would like to see a progressive/proven managers who can deliver, not some sentimental guy.

I hope that in a few years' time these sentimental, nostalgic and emotional fans abandon that plot and become more modern and have their minds in the present and future. These who don't go along with the trends and modern times will eventually fail. It's a well-known fact in lots of industries and this mentality should be adopted in United as well, otherwise this unstable success continues and doesn't make anyone happy.

Floyd_deeps

Enrique is a good coach.
Not sure what his commitment to Spain is.

Just wanted to add if we went the interim manager route, we could do a lot worse than Nicky Butt.
For an interim, I am probably with you on this. Though I don’t think Murtough would at all fancy it or let it happen.

Polar

I change my bet from last week (new manager). I think the match against Tottenham was a turning point and that Ole will stay.

redrobed

I’d be up for just taking Tuchel. Would weaken Chelsea and he’s done more than enough to earn the opportunity imo.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Rodgers is a good coach, but he isn’t right for us. There will be a lot of pressure and his record in Europe is extremely worrying.

His Leicester side aren’t playing well at the moment either.

If we want to challenge the tops teams in the league, Conte is the best short term option.

Potter has won me over too and him and Pochettino would round out my top three choices.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Cannot see Ole being sacked in the near term unless things go really badly. And I am certainly not wishing for United to lose just so he is.

Flytan

Cannot see Ole being sacked in the near term unless things go really badly. And I am certainly not wishing for United to lose just so he is.
Yeah let's just putter around for another season winning absolutely nothing.

Why do the standards ole has to meet drop every single time he has yet another disaster?

peridigm

Good chance if our options for a replacement were better than they are, he would've been sacked last week. He'll still be manager even if we lose the nest two but I have a feeling we'll win both or win midweek and draw against City.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
This thread has lost its meaning, aint it? The win yesterday would have given the board the feeling of all is well. He is here to hang on, guys. Going by his tendency to pull victories when in danger, pretty sure we will be unbeaten against Atlanta and City. We are stuck with him forever isn’t it?
Going by the poll, the overwhelming majority sees Ten Haag as the best option. Ten Haag wont be available mid season

If we went for Conte (whos a bit volatile) we might increase our chances for silerware next season, but in all likelyhood it also means we will be looking for yet another new manager in 2024.

Imo, best case scenario is if Ole manages to churn out a decent season, and at the end of the campaign we thank him for his work and hand over the job to Ten Haag, assuming he wants it of course

TrueRed79

I am wondering this too. In my eyes, having watched his Barcelona team in the flesh, he'd be a perfect fit for this squad. Absolutely perfect in fact. Criminally underrated on this forum it seems. I simply do not get the Ten Hag love in around here. It's weird.

Flytan

Going by the poll, the overwhelming majority sees Ten Haag as the best option. Ten Haag wont be available mid season

If we went for Conte (whos a bit volatile) we might increase our chances for silerware next season, but in all likelyhood it also means we will be looking for yet another new manager in 2024.

Imo, best case scenario is if Ole manages to churn out a decent season, and at the end of the campaign we thank him for his work and hand over the job to Ten Haag, assuming he wants it of course
So lower your standards from a trophy challenge to "churn out a decent season". The manager, players, coaches, board, owners need to be held accountable for this mess. I don't care if we avoid a disaster only to find our way to 4th. This is a team that should be challenging for titles.

Also who cares if we are looking for another manager in 2024? My God I'm so sick of everyone being obsessed with the future and throwing away the chance to win now just because we might win in 3 years. Managers don't stay at clubs for long. Cycles are much quicker.. We should go for it when the opportunity arises instead of worrying about 2024.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I am wondering this too. In my eyes, having watched his Barcelona team in the flesh, he'd be a perfect fit for this squad. Absolutely perfect in fact. Criminally underrated on this forum it seems. I simply do not get the Ten Hag love in around here. It's weird.

Its because he is with Spain and he won't likely leave Spain before a tournament.

It's the manager I want most aswell - however I also think City have already signed him up to take over pep just as he did from Barca, because City wanted to copy that alot.

Bobcat

So lower your standards from a trophy challenge to "churn out a decent season". The manager, players, coaches, board, owners need to be held accountable for this mess. I don't care if we avoid a disaster only to find our way to 4th. This is a team that should be challenging for titles.

Also who cares if we are looking for another manager in 2024? My God I'm so sick of everyone being obsessed with the future and throwing away the chance to win now just because we might win in 3 years. Managers don't stay at clubs for long. Cycles are much quicker.. We should go for it when the opportunity arises instead of worrying about 2024.
Its not about "lowering standards", its about avoiding rash, short-sighted decisions and instead focus on the long term well being for the club. People on here act like if we signed on Conte we would be walking the league, without taking into account its some stiff fecking competition hes up against

If you think Conte is the right man? Of course it makes sense to bring him in ASAP, but if you dont then its better to wait

TrueRed79

Its because he is with Spain and he won't likely leave Spain before a tournament.

It's the manager I want most aswell - however I also think City have already signed him up to take over pep just as he did from Barca, because City wanted to copy that alot.
Not too sure if he'd stay with the national team if we went all in for him. I think that job came at an opportune time for him personally. His daughter passing away and him wanting to stay around for his family. Maybe you're right though. He might be the type of person that would want to finish the job with Spain first.

Flytan

Its not about "lowering standards", its about avoiding rash, short-sighted decisions and instead focus on the long term well being for the club. People on here act like if we signed on Conte we would be walking the league, without taking into account its some stiff fecking competition hes up against

If you think Conte is the right man? Of course it makes sense to bring him in ASAP, but if you dont then its better to wait
But we are lowering standards. You just admitted it yourself that Ole should be here for the rest of the season as long as it's "okay". Our squad has absolutely no reason to not be challenging.

Rash and short sided decisions? He's been here for three years. This mess has happened multiple times. It's the same rollar coaster rise every year and fans are just more and more okay with it.

We are on our way with him not winning a single thing in four years. It's pathetic. He's the worst manager we've had in modern history

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Yeah let's just putter around for another season winning absolutely nothing.

Why do the standards ole has to meet drop every single time he has yet another disaster?
Couldn't agree more.

Bobcat

But we are lowering standards. You just admitted it yourself that Ole should be here for the rest of the season as long as it's "okay". Our squad has absolutely no reason to not be challenging.

Rash and short sided decisions? He's been here for three years. This mess has happened multiple times. It's the same rollar coaster rise every year and fans are just more and more okay with it.

We are on our way with him not winning a single thing in four years. It's pathetic. He's the worst manager we've had in modern history
Stop being obtuse. This is not about Ole, but about who succeeds him. If we sack him tomorrow we have two choices
1) Conte. Which i already explained why i dont think its a good move
2) A caretaker, which believe it or not might actually make things worse

Also, if we appointed Conte its not like he can just wave a magic wand and automatically make us league winners or even league contenders.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Stop being obtuse. This is not about Ole, but about who succeeds him. If we sack him tomorrow we have two choices
1) Conte. Which i already explained why i dont think its a good move
2) A caretaker, which believe it or not might actually make things worse

Also, if we appointed Conte its not like he can just wave a magic wand and automatically make us league winners or even league contenders.
On the other side, who exactly is this manager who will come in the summer with a magic wand and make us title challengers next season?

Oh man, the standards are going down every game. Point is he has to go now. That's how terrible he has been.

Fts 74

I don't think he's underrated, I like most think he isn't going nowhere until after the world Cup.

Outstanding manager I'd love him here.

Resch

Conte to Tottenham, Zidane not interested coaching in the PL, not much left on the market at the moment. As DF I would start negotiations with ten Hag yesterday and would try to sign him as soon as possible (maybe late December possible....)

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
No one, but if we want Ten Haag we dont really have a choice do we?
Ten Hag is as risky is anyone let alone Conte. Who was the last manager from Dutch league who went abroad and proved himself? Ajax has a brilliant setup top to bottom. They have a definite way of doing things.

Status
Not open for further replies.