Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
If Ten Hag is as talented a tactician as people say then it has to be him. If not then either another progressive upcoming coach or alternatively go for the best manager out there i.e Conte. Not ideal but life is not ideal sometimes.

bonothom

Brendan Rogers? Bloody hell do I not want Brendan Bloody Rodgers. So apparently the reason United do not want Conte is because he would cost too much. Brendan Rodgers would cost more as he has a contract at Leicester. Another reason is they want a manager with Premier league experience. Someone tell the dipshits who choose our managers that Conte has already won the Premier league. If they don't get Conte then our board are not interested in ever being competitive again.

bonothom

i went with caretaker not if any. if ole was to go. not too many managers want to leave a side mid season so it leaves you with little options. If we can get a manager in for rest of the season who could guarantee top 4 then move on (maybe Guus Hiddink or even wenger) then in summer get a long term manager who can put proper plan in place id be happy.
You seriously want Wenger or Hiddink over Conte. Jesus.

hobbers

If and when Ole is sacked there should be a massive fan pushback against Rodgers if he emerges as the frontrunner. Like Spurs fans did with Gattuso. Conte is the obvious choice. An interim and ten Hag is a reasonable choice. Pochettino would be a bad choice but acceptable. Rodgers would be inexcusable ahead of all of those options.

There won't be any such push back of course. When it comes to manager ins and outs United fans cant organise a piss up in a brewery.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Oh boy I cannot wait to see your reaction if Poch really comes here and fails, since you’ve really gone all in on him:p
I am so confident that if Pochettino comes here, he will succeed. But, the bad things is that, I don’t think he will be attainable until the end of the season unless his psg side gets out of the champions league early. I will be surprised if Ole last till the end of the season with the way we are playing.

AussieDevil

Out of the three names constantly listed, with PL experience:

Conte:
- 1x PL title
- 4x Serie A
- 1x FA Cup
- 2x Copa Italia

Pochettino:
1x Coupe de France

Rodgers:
2x Scottish Premiership
2x Scottish Cup
1x FA Cup

Once you factor in their teams, strength of their leagues and what they achieved, Conte clearly comes out on top, and yet he is the one that the club wants least.

Cloud7

A lot of briefs have made no sense recently, but now SAF is suddenly a big fan of Poch? Has this ever been reported anywhere ever? Also it cracks me up that they want a coach with PL experience but that experience doesn't include having won the PL :lol:

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
'Would ideally like a British coach'. That leaves you with Potter, Frank Lampard, Eddie Howe, Big Sam, Roy Hodgson, Gary Neville and if you want to be creative, Roy Keane and Brendan Rodgers. I'm being facetious with many of the names mentioned there just to expose how daft the preference for a British manager is.

midou

'Would ideally like a British coach'. That leaves you with Potter, Frank Lampard, Eddie Howe, Big Sam, Roy Hodgson, Gary Neville and if you want to be creative, Roy Keane and Brendan Rodgers. I'm being facetious with many of the names mentioned there just to expose how daft the preference for a British manager is.
You forgot another tremendous option - Southgate :lol:

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
What a list. DO NOT WANT.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Realistically a British coach would mean Rodgers or Potter and I bet we'd still go for the wrong one (Rodgers).

Why on earth would you even have Britishness as a factor? If it was true (big if) then it stinks of a reversion to the sort of logic that saw us appoint David Moyes.

Idxomer

Potter would be a far more interesting option than Rodgers.

If they don't want Conte, I think it should be between Potter and Ten Hag.

Mainoldo

Why? Benitez can manage Everton.

If Utd went in now for Viera he wouldn’t refuse it, no way.

If making bizarre appointments is the order of the day, why not make a good one?
I don’t think it would be the Arsenal connection that’s the problem.

thesheriffjw

Wow. After seeing teamsheet v spurs, im astounded

Ronaldo, bruno, cavani as the only attack???
Super defensive!!!

Please ole, go and turn off the lights

OsloIsRed

If we would be open to try something different then I think Potter from Brighton would be nice. Everything I have seen from him have been promising and his playstyle fit a top 6 team.

BorisManUtd

A lot of briefs have made no sense recently, but now SAF is suddenly a big fan of Poch? Has this ever been reported anywhere ever? Also it cracks me up that they want a coach with PL experience but that experience doesn't include having won the PL :lol:
Tbf there were reports back in 2016 when LvG was still in charge that Ferguson would like Pochettino to be our new manager.

Dominos

If you're going to let Ole see out this season so you can get the best option in the summer, it better be a great manager we're waiting for. Letting Ole to continue to the summer only to replace him with Brendan Rodgers (or Poch for that matter) would just be absurd.

If we can't get an elite elite manager in the summer, we may as well go for the best option right now and get Conte in.

TJ Reid

Supports
Arsenal
Personally, I'm far from convinced that sacking Solskjaer is anywhere near happening.
He has a lot of vocal support at boardroom level, apparently even recently being called a "phenomenal success"....?!?

As for the names we are being linked with, I think Zidane has zero interest, I would be surprised if Conte was deemed palatable to our board, Ten Haag would be seen as too much of a risk, as would Potter, Rodgers is possibly attainable, but I don't know if he would be a serious contender anyway.
Poch, is he even attainable or did that ship sail off three years ago..?

I don't know, I'm not yet convinced that United's board have anyone that they would even fancy for the job.
Just my thoughts, but I'm feeling it's just as likely that Solskjaer stays till the end of the season at least.
I think he should at least stay to the end of the season however, the next 2 games might still prove pivotal

Skills

Snitch
If the plan is to scrape top 4 and then appoint Ten Hag then I'd begrudgingly be ok with it, but it's risky as Ole could easily feck up top 4.
If he makes top 4, he'll start next season as our manager. Guaranteed irrespective of what else happens.

Devil may care

If he makes top 4, he'll start next season as our manager. Guaranteed irrespective of what else happens.
If 3 seasons without a trophy and top 4 are enough to keep him in the job then we are too broken to be fixed anyway.

Skills

Snitch
If 3 seasons without a trophy and top 4 are enough to keep him in the job then we are too broken to be fixed anyway.
We've always known that though? Year to year, the managers don't actually have a target to achieve. There's a floor which is top 4, and they'll be allowed to continue indefinitely as long as they meet that floor every year. It's a job for life.

el3mel

I like people optimism still talking in this thread. The win today seals it for the board I have no doubt in my mind. He'll be our manager next season as well.

Dominos

To be fair I think it depends on context.

If he scrapes top 4 on the last day of the season playing complete shite for the rest of the season, and no trophy, you'd fancy he'll be gone. Even with the incompetence of our board I think they'd have to draw the line at 3 years of complete shite.

If he somehow didn't finish that far off the champions and won the FA cup, they'd probably persist with him.

We all know scenario 1 is far more likely, we'll be miles behind the champions again and scraping top 4 at best. Personally I'm not even convinced he'll get top 4, with this level of dressing room unrest I think it will be difficult to keep it together despite the good result today.

Devil may care

We've always known that though? Year to year, the managers don't actually have a target to achieve. There's a floor which is top 4, and they'll be allowed to continue indefinitely as long as they meet that floor every year. It's a job for life.
We've never seen a manager run this long on nothing but top 4 though, I'm just hoping we aren't that pathetic.

AussieDevil

What happens now? Ole wont be sacked after a win and we know that whether its the next game or a matter of weeks, there is going to be another rollercoaster of performances, it'll put the final nail in the coffin in the season and we will end up with Rodgers.

I really appreciate what Ole did for us as a player and his moments as a manager, but how long can we stay on this merry-go-round.

It'll only be a matter of time before Conte is snapped up by another club.

reddevil1510

This thread has lost its meaning, aint it? The win yesterday would have given the board the feeling of all is well. He is here to hang on, guys. Going by his tendency to pull victories when in danger, pretty sure we will be unbeaten against Atlanta and City. We are stuck with him forever isn’t it?

Status
Not open for further replies.