Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

Pochettino is a serial bottler with a loser mentality - the worst fit for Manchester United right now...but at least he has some tactical knowledge :lol:
God we had Ole dividing the fanbase and now Pochettino is doing it before even walking through the door FFS

Rolaholic

I was talking about serious sources not le10sport and Footmercato. :lol:
Just saying it's been spreading today along with the Poch to United links and no one from Zidanes side has come out to deny them yet like they did with the United and Juve rumors right away :lol:

Sviken

Do people seriously consider Spurs losing a CL final as "bottling" it? Jesus. We're talking about Spurs here, not Real Madrid. The very fact that he achieved that is impressive enough. Winning it might as well be considered one of the most impressive achievements in football history.

hurricane thunderclap

I agree with a lot of what you said espically about the lack of top quality strikers in the premier league. It’s going to be very intresting how we handle that going forward. Because while Ronaldo and Cavani are both among the top ten finishers in the game the careers are very much in there twilight. But hey we arn’t the only club in that situation and makes no difference to current situation as right now we do have Ronaldo and Cavani. No worries about the aggressive tone :).

All my posts where ever saying is if you have a square shaped hole try and Try and get a square to fit in it, don’t go and think well that circle is more shiney so let’s get.

While I think Poch and Ten Hag,are great managers, (personaly I’ve wanted Poch here for years) ut I don’t think either of there styles are a natural fit for the squad we currently have and that Is a concern.
Everything about our club is a concern. I know that in the current squad there is half a good side, probably exceptional. It isn't just the manager I worry about it is who will be the staff and who will stay and go and come in. I simply don't understand how , we are where we are and why no one could see it coming at the club. Upstairs at the top table it must be a very, very strange world. Should have had Ancelloti after Alex, at least as soon as we could.
What a state of affairs our club is in, eh?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Do people seriously consider Spurs losing a CL final as "bottling" it? Jesus. We're talking about Spurs here, not Real Madrid. The very fact that he achieved that is impressive enough. Winning it might as well be considered one of the most impressive achievements in football history.
Very true.
Not winning Ligue 1 last season though…

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
No, they're obviously talking about how he came 3rd in a two horse race in the league. Which justly deserves criticism.

hungrywing

They've been floating the Poch news for a while now with no significant caf presence pooh-poohing the idea in favor of Ten Hag.

Odds are the Glazers' interwebz-fanbase-liason-associate is reporting that we're not kicking up a fuss about not getting Ten Hag.

IFLA: "Sir, they seem to be content with Pochettino. May I ask a question?"
Glazer: "Derp derp."
IFLA: "How come I'm not allowed to alert the press about Ten Hag having told us he's ready and happy to come now, too? And don't you think he'll be irked by that?"
Glazer: "Derp."
IFLA: "Yes, I understand that he's asking for more money and more control than Poche-"
Glazer: "Derp derp derp derp derp derp derp."
IFLA: "You're a disgrace to your father's memory."

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Just saying it's been spreading today along with the Poch to United links and no one from Zidanes side has come out to deny them yet like they did with the United rumors right away :lol:
No one is denying articles from le10sport and Footmercato, it's the equivalent of caughtoffside.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
If we are going for a permanent manager in the summer (hopefully not), who are the actual possibilities for interim?

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I doubt anything is moving as fast as the press are trying to make out. We're probably looking at the summer as first suggested.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
No, it was a good campaign but it was the only good campaign and not a reflection of his work at Spurs in the CL or EL.

croadyman

If we are going for a permanent manager in the summer (hopefully not), who are the actual possibilities for interim?
Bruce (yes I know), Blanc, Rangnick, Amorim are the ones who I have seen reported

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I understand Poch's desire to manage United over Psg. Bigger club, no1 league, freedom in work, not waiting for sack every week....but feck me if i can find any logic why would he sacrifice bunch of trophies this year to come in United now. That makes zero sense

croadyman

I doubt anything is moving as fast as the press are trying to make out. We're probably looking at the summer as first suggested.
Well at least that would mean we were still interested in Ten Hag which I really hope is the case

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Bruce (yes I know), Blanc, Rangnick, Amorim are the ones who I have seen reported
I choose to believe the Bruce rumor is not true. Imagine Bruce at the OT dugout, jesus. Rangnick seems like a good option, but i guess that would only make sense if he is to move on to a higher position within our structure next season, with someone like TH in charge. I don't see us doing that.

dove

I understand Poch's desire to manage United over Psg. Bigger club, no1 league, freedom in work, not waiting for sack every week....but feck me if i can find any logic why would he sacrifice bunch of trophies this year to come in United now. That makes zero sense
You just literally listed the reasons yourself.

croadyman

I choose to believe the Bruce rumor is not true. Imagine Bruce at the OT dugout, jesus. Rangnick seems like a good option, but i guess that would only make sense if he is to move on to a higher position within our structure next season, with someone like TH in charge. I don't see us doing that.
Yeah our clueless board won't want to put Murtough's nose out of joint that's for certain

Dansk

Pochettino is a serial bottler with a loser mentality - the worst fit for Manchester United right now...but at least he has some tactical knowledge :lol:
Serial bottler? Really? If not winning big trophies at Espanyol, Southampton and Spurs is bottling it, 99.9% of managers across the sport are "serial bottlers." Christ almighty.

Some people around here really are beyond reach. Serial bottler. Jesus wept. Some people talk about him as if he spent five years at Bayern and won nothing. The fact that he took Spurs to their first ever CL final is an incredible achievement, and he might very well have won it if not for a freak handball penalty in the first minute. Had he won it, the very same people would have praised him as the new Special One. Spurs also finished in the top four in every season except his first, where they finished 5th. He elevated them massively upon arrival and they plummeted instantaneously upon his departure. Now he's strolling the league in France in his first full season. Serial bottler, goodness gracious.

People who base their entire opinion of a manager on the outcome of a single game and ignore the entire rest of his career are people whose opinions can be dismissed out of hand.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I see your point but is he going to be allowed to stay longer for him to actually win those trophies with Zidane in PSG's sights? They're not us.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
It was reported by Andy Mitten and Simon Stone that Bruce would be interested in taking the interim job. Nothing out there on United being interested in him.

BlueHaze

Why am I for the past 3 months constantly hearing Ragnick's name being thrown around? What has he ever done that would suggests he would be decent even for an interim role? Just feels like a name being brought up by social media kids.

ED_209

Supports
Coritiba
Less pressure to win any titles as well. PSG board wants to win every tournament they're in. United board will be happy if he makes into the top 4.

Abraxas

I'm a bit surprised by the cynicism towards Pochettino. His league finishes with Spurs were excellent and getting to the CL final was brilliant. I think if they got to another CL final in the next 10 years they'd snap your hand off. Even Conte will have his work cut out to do that.

Obviously he reached his shelf life eventually but if he can exceed expectations to the same extent here before he did so we'd have a pretty good time of it. He did a superb job, it is clear as day.

I do get the whole winning something argument but I think Conte was the last juggernaut available. Everybody on that poll comes with an asterisk attached in my eyes. Varying shades of gamble.

There are proven winners at international level that are rarely mentioned but that's such a cushy job and it's exactly the wrong timing to attract them to club football.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Why am I for the past 3 months constantly hearing Ragnick's name being thrown around? What has he ever done that would suggests he would be decent even for an interim role? Just feels like a name being brought up by social media kids.
Apart from teaching Klopp and Tuchel, he's useless. Great post.

Revan

Assumptionman
He's essentially the proto-gegenpressing coach, a kind of mentor to Klopp, Tuchel and co. The German Marcelo Bielsa.

Like Bielsa, not suitable to be the manager of a big club. As a caretaker though, I think he will be good. Especially considering that he is a good coach, and we had essentially given up on coaching for the last few years.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
Do people seriously consider Spurs losing a CL final as "bottling" it? Jesus.
I remember the match. It was virtually decided after the early penalty.
Spurs couldn't put any pressure on Liverpool or generate real chances. It was a very timid performance and they never looked like they will threaten Liverpool or even score. I've of the most one-sided and boring finals i can remember.

theklr

Pochettino is much more used to dysfunctional owners than Ten Hag.

Even if Ten Hag would in theory be better I think the cultural shock for him would be akin to Moyes’ . Pochettino can handle that shit.

Also the owners seem to love Poch almost as much as Ole so he could get more money

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
how do you think their starting XIs would differ? I would imagine that they’d both focus on midfield and RB at first in terms of new signings.
I genuinely don’t know. I don’t think in terms of personal they would be significantly different from Ole’s I would suspect Ten Hag may play VDB a bit more due to familiarity with tactics, but there arn’t massive changes available in defence or midfield. So I guess the main changes would be tactical.

in terms of signings, I think who ever comes in will have to prioritise a Defensive midfielder as the only one we have is Matic. Beyond that it depends on who stays who leaves and how much budget there is.

Status
Not open for further replies.