Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Boring football, spineless personality, failed in the PL and CL when it came to the crunch, these are the issues, with Ten Hag we don't know, he might fail, but at least he has a great style of football and the personality for a big club, whether he fails the bigger tests are still unknown but at least there would be hope and entertainment on the way to finding out.
Failed in the PL and CL :lol:
He ended the majority of his seasons above teams spending multiples more than he did and displaced Arsenal in the traditional top 4. He went to the CL final with Spurs. None of those were expected before he joined Spurs. The hyperbole makes me laugh every time. Tottenham and Southampton weren't even boring teams under his watch, why are you just making up history now?

You want Ten Hag because he looks good but you have no clue how he'd actually perform in a major league? What a soft reason.

Sviken

OK fair enough about Ten Hag. What do you mean with Poch will be more or less the same? I don't get it, you mean like Ole-ball? Thank god no, I'm sure as hell that will be like night and day.
A manager that we should have gotten a long time ago, but are getting him when he is on the wane of his career. LVG and Mourinho as an example. On top of that, his problems at PSG he is facing currently are all too similar to Ole and he is unable to fix them. PSG in their current state are all too similar to us, so I don't see how he would be success here. Who knows, he might surprise us, but it would be a very uninspiring choice.

Devil may care

Failed in the PL and CL :lol:
He ended the majority of his seasons above teams spending multiples more than he did and displaced Arsenal in the traditional top 4. He went to the CL final with Spurs. None of those were expected before he joined Spurs. The hyperbole makes me laugh every time. Tottenham and Southampton weren't even boring teams under his watch, why are you just making up history now?

You want Ten Hag because he looks good but you have no clue how he'd actually perform in a major league? What a soft reason.
Yes, failed, he only had to beat Leicester to the PL and couldn't get it done, he got to the CL final and lost, those are failures, no matter how you try to frame it, he even managed to not win Ligue 1 with PSG. I never said it must be Ten Hag, that's the weak retort for every Pochettino apologist. I already said I'm happy to wait for Enrique or Nagelsmann, Ten Hag might fail, I don't know, which I already said, Pochettino will fail, so I'd at least like to try a route that might work as opposed to one that will definitely lead us to a brick wall and be boring as feck on the way to the crash.

MancBorg

That standard for success or failure is so absurd its a joke. Like the majority of this thread. Realistically no one we appoint will be better than Pep or Klopp, so should we just carry on with Ralf as anyone else is going to fail by the standard that they won't win the CL and won't beat City to the title immediately?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Yes, failed, he only had to beat Leicester to the PL and couldn't get it done, he got to the CL final and lost, those are failures, no matter how you try to frame it, he even managed to not win Ligue 1 with PSG. I never said it must be Ten Hag, that's the weak retort for every Pochettino apologist. I already said I'm happy to wait for Enrique or Nagelsmann, Ten Hag might fail, I don't know, which I already said, Pochettino will fail, so I'd at least like to try a route that might work as opposed to one that will definitely lead us to a brick wall and be boring as feck on the way to the crash.
Really clutching at straws there. That PL year was seen as a freak year by all accounts for all teams. His journey to the CL final completely trumps not winning against Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool in a 90 minute match. His CL endeavours were far from a failure given the expectation of that Spurs squad. He evidently outperformed European expectation before a ball was kicked in the final. His work in Southampton had them at their highest league position in PL history.

He didnt win League 1 and ended on the same points off 1st as Tuchel did in the first half of the same campaign so it's not saying much. He's walking League 1 right now, and he won the French Cup right now. He'll probably win the league this year and CL is anyone's guess, who knows.

I'm not saying he's world class but its beyond reasonable doubt that he's a good manager at worst. The idea that he's anything less is absurd.

Kaos

Really clutching at straws there. That PL year was seen as a freak year by all accounts for all teams. His journey to the CL final completely trumps not winning against Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool in a 90 minute match. His CL endeavours were far from a failure given the expectation of that Spurs squad. He evidently outperformed European expectation before a ball was kicked in the final. His work in Southampton had them at their highest league position in PL history.

He didnt win League 1 and ended on the same points off 1st as Tuchel did in the first half of the same campaign so it's not saying much. He's walking League 1 right now, and he won the French Cup right now. He'll probably win the league this year and CL is anyone's guess, who knows.

I'm not saying he's world class but its beyond reasonable doubt that he's a good manager at worst. The idea that he's anything less is absurd.
The question isn't whether he's a good manager, we all know he is. It's whether he'd be a success here, considering the scale of the task he'd face. Given his record with silverware, managing personalities at PSG, and the way he sets up in big games - I, and many others are inclined to believe he'd fail, and would inevitably be sacked within three years. Ten Hag can also fail, but his ceiling remains largely unknown and potentially much higher than that of Poch, hence why a lot of us would be bitterly disappointed if we went for Poch.

All of the managers we've had post Fergie (except arguably Ole) have objectively been very good managers in their previous roles. They just weren't the right fit for the club. I fear Poch would simply be another addition to that ever-growing list.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
The question isn't whether he's a good manager, we all know he is. It's whether he'd be a success here, considering the scale of the task he'd face. Given his record with silverware, managing personalities at PSG, and the way he sets up in big games - I, and many others are inclined to believe he'd fail, and would inevitably be sacked within three years. Ten Hag can also fail, but his ceiling remains largely unknown and potentially much higher than that of Poch, hence why a lot of us would be bitterly disappointed if we went for Poch.

All of the managers we've had post Fergie (except arguably Ole) have objectively been very good managers in their previous roles. They just weren't the right fit for the club. I fear Poch would simply be another addition to that ever-growing list.
You'd have to measure success I guess. Would he take the team to meddle with Klopp and Pep? It's a big ask for sure and he'd surpass expectation to achieve that.

However I do not want to use his PSG tenure to extrapolate from. I think there are other factors at PSG that are affecting team performance outside of just him. Regarding ETH, I would be disappointed not to get him for the same reason. But I cannot understand how that disappointment can be turned into distain toward Poch to the extent we get posts saying "he'd set us back 10 years" and "he was a failure in the PL" and "he's a fraud".

There is having Poch as a comfortable 2nd choice, and there's outright hatred for him. I am questioning why the feck some posters are going toward the latter.

Devil may care

You're spinning failures into successes here, he's won nothing of note and the twice he had the chance he failed, his points total matching Tuchel's is irrelevant as Tuchel was busy winning the CL while he was failing to win Ligue 1, his so called achievements with Southampton are akin to loads of other decent managers at clubs with no expectations.

I never said he was crap, I said he hasn't got the metal for a job like United, he's a bland puppet type who suits the Glazers and his football is boring IMO, and he reverts to cowardball against good sides. I've never said any of the others are guaranteed to succeed, I'm saying I'd like to try something that could fail but might work as opposed to something I know will fail, and yes, I'd like to actually enjoy our games after nearly a decade of boring dross football.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
That standard for success or failure is so absurd its a joke. Like the majority of this thread. Realistically no one we appoint will be better than Pep or Klopp, so should we just carry on with Ralf as anyone else is going to fail by the standard that they won't win the CL and won't beat City to the title immediately?
It's a mixture of potential and avoiding risk.

Ten Hag has easily the highest potential. He's doing outstanding things with Ajax, playing fantastic football, and has done so for multiple years and rebuilt them to keep succeeding after stars were poached. The league performances are ridiculously dominant, but it's the CL performances that make people take notice and how they are punching above their weight yet again. Will be interesting to see just how far they can go.

Pochettino vs Rangnick... Well honestly, I don't think Pochettino has a higher potential with United. And that's important when you are competing with Klopp and Pep and Tuchel and Conte. What use is it getting someone who will be the 5th best manager in the league, quite a distance off the top 4 managers? We know what Pochettino's level is. We know his weaknesses too. We know he regularly has discarded the cup competitions, which nobody can say they like. People will have varying opinions over their style of football, but to me personally I'm not much of a fan. It's based on high energy and "underdog" style football, not one that is set out to dominate every game. Right away that leads to a lower ceiling than otherwise. His lack of tangible success, this far into his career with the teams he's managed, is a black mark though I agree there is loads of variance there that it is unfair to hold it against him too much. But that's why I point to his disdain toward all the cup competitions as a negative, as he is shooting himself in the foot. A general attitude from his teams when things aren't going their way, they become incredible dirty and whiny. Don't like that. His squad building, he has a long time to build a better midfield group at Spurs and I just don't think he knew how to improve it/get it better than a workmanlike midfield.

i just look at Pochettino and think he's a CL qualification chasing manager, and nothing more. He's a Spurs level manager, not a title challenging or winning manager. He's good at getting the underdog to overperform, but can't get a big team to be the top, dominant team. That's arguably a harder step than getting a smaller team to overperform with underdog tactics. We know what he is, and when we have a chance at the highest potential manager not at a major club already, settling for a limited manager who won't give us a potential advantage over other clubs is just deflating.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
You're spinning failures into successes here, he's won nothing of note and the twice he had the chance he failed, his points total matching Tuchel's is irrelevant as Tuchel was busy winning the CL while he was failing to win Ligue 1, his so called achievements with Southampton are akin to loads of other decent managers at clubs with no expectations.

I never said he was crap, I said he hasn't got the metal for a job like United, he's a bland puppet type who suits the Glazers and his football is boring IMO, and he reverts to cowardball against good sides. I've never said any of the others are guaranteed to succeed, I'm saying I'd like to try something that could fail but might work as opposed to something I know will fail, and yes, I'd like to actually enjoy our games after nearly a decade of boring dross football.
No one is spinning anything.

Poch outperformed expectation in the PL and CL when looking back. That is not a failure. Your Tuchel point is bizarre. If Tuchel with the exact same squad, half way into the season, was performing pretty much the same as Poch did when joining a team midway, why the feck did Poch fail and not Tuchel in that season? and why are you not giving any context to the fact that Poch joined midway and needed to settle?

Poch's sides don't start playing good football from the get-go. It took time at Southampton and Spurs, it probably did at Espanyol too. ETH himself was close to the sack before things started clicking for him.

Devil may care

You'd have to measure success I guess. Would he take the team to meddle with Klopp and Pep? It's a big ask for sure and he'd surpass expectation to achieve that.

However I do not want to use his PSG tenure to extrapolate from. I think there are other factors at PSG that are affecting team performance outside of just him. Regarding ETH, I would be disappointed not to get him for the same reason. But I cannot understand how that disappointment can be turned into distain toward Poch to the extent we get posts saying "he'd set us back 10 years" and "he was a failure in the PL" and "he's a fraud".

There is having Poch as a comfortable 2nd choice, and there's outright hatred for him. I am questioning why the feck some posters are going toward the latter.
Hatred? Come on, many of us just don't rate him as the required level and after nearly a decade we'd like to at least have some hope, Pochettino might not set us back 10 years but I'm certain he could be here 10 years and the most we would win is an FA Cup.

Kaos

Frankly, I don't think any manager in the world could come in and have us competing with Klopp and Pep in the short term. For me its about setting the foundations, and building a well-drilled, young squad ready to make the jump back to the top once Pep/Klopp leave their respective clubs. Personally I'd trust Ten Hag (with Rangnick in a consultancy capacity) to oversee that more than I would Poch.

As for the bitterness regarding opting for Poch - I agree the toxicity is a little strong, but I can understand the frustration. Poch is very much seen as the Glazer safe choice and for good reason - a timid personality who's happy to work with limited resources and not expected to rock the boat. Assuming Ten Hag is available, it is bitterly frustrating we'd shun him for the safe choice who would likely not have us anywhere closer to competing with the top 3. I wouldn't call him a fraud by any stretch, but his appointment would cement and further symbolise our fallen standards and expectations of success IMO.

Dazzmondo

There's a lot of dumb arguments being thrown out against Poch that would mean ETH also wouldn't meet the criteria for new our manager yet the same people just ignore that and want ETH anyway. The most ridiculous is the suggestion that Poch isn't as good as Pep or Klopp so we'll never succeed under him. Ya, no shit, guess what? Neither is any other manager in the world. You're talking about 2 of the greatest managers of all time. There's nothing to suggest ETH deserves to be in the same conversations as Pep or Klopp. I'd say Conte, Tuchel and Nagelsman are the closest to Klopp and Guardiola in terms of managerial ability but even they aren't at the same level imo. No matter who comes in, the job isn't going to be easy.

Anyone expecting ETH to come in and just win the league immediately is delusional. While no manager we get will be as good as Pep or Klopp, the reality is that the quality of players and the amount the Board will be willing to invest in rebuilding the squad will also make a difference and whichever manager we get, if we are to succeed it needs to be a combination of the right manager, the right recruitment and the right overall direction for the club. There's no quick fix here. Poch didn't have the resources at Spurs that he will have at Utd and considering what he did have he did a great job. Whether he can make us into league winners I don't know, but I don't think ETH or any other manager is anything close to a sure thing either. No matter who we appoint, fans need to realise that this is going to be a long term project now. I fear loads will start crying as soon as anything goes wrong.

Gavinb33

I agree with that, I see Poch in the same level as Brendan Rogers, both are elite coaches who can guarantee results. They can win a title in a one team league, can finish top 4 and go far in cup competitions. They just don’t have that extra level, the likes of Klopp and Pep.

I would obviously support him with my all if he got appointed. However, right now I feel it would be pointless because it would seem like we aren’t trying to get our crown back. It would be really great if we got the next great up and coming manager rather than someone who’s been around.
For what its worth there are no managers apart from them 2 that are on their level.

As for Pochettino or Ten Hag, id go Pochettino i am always wary about how good the dutch league actually is and what it means to actually win trophies there, i mean De Boer won the league a few times with Ajax and was shown as massively out of his depth here, Ajax under Ten Hag have only got out of the group stages twice in his tenure and in 19/20 were knocked out of the EL by Getafe to much faith being put into his european record as the sign of a good coach, Pochettino's european record for instance with Spurs is probably around about the same except with a final appearance over Ajax when they totally bottled it.

Frank Grimes

Pochettino does have Premier League experience. This idea that Ten Hag is going to completely revolutionise us could be a pipe dream. I'm still convinced SNTS is a big reason Pochettino is receiving so much hate.

Kaos

There's a lot of dumb arguments being thrown out against Poch that would mean ETH also wouldn't meet the criteria for new our manager yet the same people just ignore that and want ETH anyway. The most ridiculous is the suggestion that Poch isn't as good as Pep or Klopp so we'll never succeed under him. Ya, no shit, guess what? Neither is any other manager in the world. You're talking about 2 of the greatest managers of all time. There's nothing to suggest ETH deserves to be in the same conversations as Pep or Klopp. I'd say Conte, Tuchel and Nagelsman are the closest to Klopp and Guardiola in terms of managerial ability but even they aren't at the same level imo. No matter who comes in, the job isn't going to be easy.

Anyone expecting ETH to come in and just win the league immediately is delusional. While no manager we get will be as good as Pep or Klopp, the reality is that the quality of players and the amount the Board will be willing to invest in rebuilding the squad will also make a difference and whichever manager we get, if we are to succeed it needs to be a combination of the right manager, the right recruitment and the right overall direction for the club. There's no quick fix here. Poch didn't have the resources at Spurs that he will have at Utd and considering what he did have he did a great job. Whether he can make us into league winners I don't know, but I don't think ETH or any other manager is anything close to a sure thing either. No matter who we appoint, fans need to realise that this is going to be a long term project now. I fear loads will start crying as soon as anything goes wrong.
I don't think anyone is necessarily expecting ETH to deliver us guaranteed success and to knock Klopp/Pep off their perch within immediate effect. The difference is we don't know ETH's ceiling - what we do know is he's a highly coveted manager who organises and sets his team up to play a brand of football we've been aspiring to. The stats he's been getting with Ajax are also testament to that. Conversely I feel we pretty much know Poch's ceiling, and he's a manager who will likely be out of the job in the summer with no big name suitors likely to chase his signature outside of us. Hence why it just feels underwhelming.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Hatred? Come on, many of us just don't rate him as the required level and after nearly a decade we'd like to at least have some hope, Pochettino might not set us back 10 years but I'm certain he could be here 10 years and the most we would win is an FA Cup.
Not to do with rating him. He's clearly not a fraud, or going to set us back 10 years. That shit is absolutely laughable.

Devil may care

No one is spinning anything.

Poch outperformed expectation in the PL and CL when looking back. That is not a failure. Your Tuchel point is bizarre. If Tuchel with the exact same squad, half way into the season, was performing pretty much the same as Poch did when joining a team midway, why the feck did Poch fail and not Tuchel in that season? and why are you not giving any context to the fact that Poch joined midway and needed to settle?

Poch's sides don't start playing good football from the get-go. It took time at Southampton and Spurs, it probably did at Espanyol too. ETH himself was close to the sack before things started clicking for him.
You are spinning, you're trying to turn minor achievements without silverware into success stories they aren't. Tuchel didn't get to finish the season so what his second half points would have been are unknown, Pochettino went there and failed to improve them and you're using the old settle in excuse in a one horse league, meanwhile Tuchel, with the same amount of settle in time turned Chelsea's league form around in the most competitive league in the world and won the biggest trophy in club football, it's about levels, Poch is a top 4 water treader and runner up type of manager who won't rock the boat, perfect Glazer man.

His sides don't play good football period in my view, effecient? Hard working? Yes, but it's more reactionary, countrr based stuff with the chicken shit tactics in the big games.

el3mel

I won't take Poch ahead of Enrique or Ten Hag, but I will take him ahead of Ralf easily, not even a contest. Imo, all the 3 will be choices, one better than the other of course, but they are all better than both Ole and Ralf.

el3mel

Latest narrative is that Poch would want to sign Harry Kane. We've already got 1 too many Harrys at the club.

And, for that reason, I'm out.
Press linking a manager to a player he previously managed? Shocker. Never seen such rumors before.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
You are spinning, you're trying to turn minor achievements without silverware into success stories they aren't. Tuchel didn't get to finish the season so what his second half points would have been are unknown, Pochettino went there and failed to improve them and you're using the old settle in excuse in a one horse league, meanwhile Tuchel, with the same amount of settle in time turned Chelsea's league form around in the most competitive league in the world and won the biggest trophy in club football, it's about levels, Poch is a top 4 water treader and runner up type of manager who won't rock the boat, perfect Glazer man.

His sides don't play good football period in my view, effecient? Hard working? Yes, but it's more reactionary, countrr based stuff with the chicken shit tactics in the big games.
Getting to the CL final is not a minor achievement. Consolidating Spurs' place as a top 4 team with regular CL Football is not a minor achievement.
If trophies were the single barometer of managerial worth, Juande Ramos would be seen as a more successful manager than Poch, but no one would insinuate this unless they're mentally insane.

Look at the fecking team he had at Spurs and what he competed with for a bulk of his time. Chelsea, United, City comfortably outspent him and you're barking on about how he's a top 4 water treader :lol:

Devil may care

Not to do with rating him. He's clearly not a fraud, or going to set us back 10 years. That shit is absolutely laughable.
A fraud? Well it depends what you're selling him as, a solid top 4 capable manager like Brendan Rodgers? Sure, but a world class manager of substantial success? No. Fans are fed up mate, Kaos and I have explained why, you talk about hatred and hyperbole, it's the same from the Pochologists, claiming everyone that would prefer Ten Hag ONLY wants Ten Hag, or that he's the shiny new toy which is the same nonsense as fans that claim Mctominay would be rated higher if he was foreign, and lastly those that claim those of us who don't want Pochettino think the other options will bring instant success, which is bullshit, anybody with a grain of sense knows that even if Klopp or Pep jumped ship to United it would take two seasons at least to sort this shitshow out.

Sviken

Poch, imo, reminds me much of Ole. Yes, he's a far better manager than Ole, but they're of the same mould:
https://www.skysports.com/football/...o-and-tottenham-always-want-to-be-in-top-four

On the other hand, we have Ten Hag who is in the mould of Sir Alex or Pep Guardiola - a guy with a winner mentality that will accept nothing less than a win. I remember saying in an interview he said something in the vein of "trophies are what's all about. without trophies, there's nothing. you can pat yourself on the back you played well, but it doesn't matter". This is what we need at this club. There's also Not more of "we're just happy to be here with the big boys".

There's also this:

That completely showcases Ten Hag's mentality. This is what we need. I don't care if he isn't an instant success here. And if he fails, as I said, he fails. There's no guarantee to any manager he'll succeed at a certain job, whether it's Pep or Klopp. But what I want is for this club to finally show some ambition and backbone and shoot for the stars rather than watch City and Liverpool trade titles while we're battling for top 4, aka the new Arsenal.

Devil may care

Getting to the CL final is not a minor achievement. Consolidating Spurs' place as a top 4 team with regular CL Football is not a minor achievement.
If trophies were the single barometer of managerial worth, Juande Ramos would be seen as a more successful manager than Poch, but no one would insinuate this unless they're mentally insane.

Look at the fecking team he had at Spurs and what he competed with for a bulk of his time. Chelsea, United, City comfortably outspent him and you're barking on about how he's a top 4 water treader :lol:
His Spurs squad was better than we had at the time, don't equate spending daft sums on big names with good squad building, we haven't had a properly balanced midfield since Carrick retired for fecks sake. He hasn't won a single trophy of note, that is the facts, stop blithering on about his mighty bridesmaid performances and ignoring the fact he's a mild mannered puppet personality at a club who needs a leader that will challenge the board, not bow to them. He's a middle of the road option with a clear ceiling and dull football, if that's what you want at United then cool, I'd rather take a risk on someone that at least has the potential to get us back on top.

Suv666

Ten Hag reminds me of Pep because both are bald. While Poch has hair just like Ole.
So what's it going to be Utd?
Pep Or Ole?

Dazzmondo

I don't think anyone is necessarily expecting ETH to deliver us guaranteed success and to knock Klopp/Pep off their perch within immediate effect. The difference is we don't know ETH's ceiling - what we do know is he's a highly coveted manager who organises and sets his team up to play a brand of football we've been aspiring to. The stats he's been getting with Ajax are also testament to that. Conversely I feel we pretty much know Poch's ceiling, and he's a manager who will likely be out of the job in the summer with no big name suitors likely to chase his signature outside of us. Hence why it just feels underwhelming.
I just don't see how you can say we know Poch's ceiling. His Spurs team didn't get the level of investment that a City or Real Madrid or Bayern Munich did. He would likely get that at Utd, especially since he's genuinely someone the United Board have wanted for a long time now. Say what you want about our Board and how dumb our recruitment policy has been post-Ferguson but they have still spent a lot of money. If we were to invest similar amounts of money but with smarter actual recruitment that could make a big difference in just a couple years the same way it did at Liverpool. Liverpool don't spend much money anymore because they don't need to, but when they do spend money it tends to be successful such as Jota and even early signs with Diaz look very promising imo. Ultimately getting these parts right will be just as important as getting the correct manager in. Enrique, ETH, Poch are all very good options, all carry some risks, and all will need time and investment to have success at the club. I'd say the best chance to win the league will be in 2-3 seasons time when at least 1 of Pep or Klopp have possibly left. Important to build a strong, well-balanced squad with a consistent recruitment plan rather than panicking to invest in big name stars to try and win the league immediately which is pretty much what our policy has been since Moyes was sacked. If the fans are already out with their pitchforks hoping a manager fails before he's even started as clearly many will be if we sign Poch that just hurts the team and hinders progress.

Gavinb33

A fraud? Well it depends what you're selling him as, a solid top 4 capable manager like Brendan Rodgers? Sure, but a world class manager of substantial success? No. Fans are fed up mate, Kaos and I have explained why, you talk about hatred and hyperbole, it's the same from the Pochologists, claiming everyone that would prefer Ten Hag ONLY wants Ten Hag, or that he's the shiny new toy which is the same nonsense as fans that claim Mctominay would be rated higher if he was foreign, and lastly those that claim those of us who don't want Pochettino think the other options will bring instant success, which is bullshit, anybody with a grain of sense knows that even if Klopp or Pep jumped ship to United it would take two seasons at least to sort this shitshow out.
Substantial success Erik Ten Hag can you explain what you mean by that, I mean he has won the Eredivision but I mean Frank De Boer did that and he has got out of the CL groups x2 I mean is this substantial success?

AneRu

People never learn, do they? Fresh from blowing 440m on Ole's hyped up rebuild we are stuck with roughly the same issues we had under Mourinho: technically flawed players with poor attitudes and on huge contracts and they want us to repeat the same mistake with another good but middling manager with limited potential, be it stylistically or tactically, to challenge the top three managers in the league who also constitute the world's top five managers along Zidane and Ancelloti! Its guaranteed that the board is dead set on bottling another managerial appointment because they know that any modern, ambitious manager won't tolerate half of the toxic players we have infesting the club with their rotten attitude so its guaranteed that three years from now we will be having the same issues that we have right now because the management is too scared to embark on the difficult rebuild that lies ahead. The only reason they want Pochettino is that he is not married to any particular system so he won't rock the boat and he is likely to compromise on keeping the dross we have.

Sparky Rhiwabon

I doubt most of the players had even heard of Ten Hag. I don’t even know anything about him until i came across his hipster thread on the Caf
I agree with this. I doubt he’s on our Board's radar either. I think it’ll probably be Poch unless Ralf has a really good end to the season but even then I think it’ll probably be Poch with Ralf “moving upstairs“

L1nk

One day we'll wake up in a world where we stop seeing the words "Hipster manager" on this board and turning our noses up at managers that every big club on the continent goes for and usually ends up being a success with. But it is not this day. ETH will go to one of our rivals, that's an absolute fact, if we don't go for him. My money is on City after Pep

Valencia Shin Crosses

Pochettino does have Premier League experience. This idea that Ten Hag is going to completely revolutionise us could be a pipe dream. I'm still convinced SNTS is a big reason Pochettino is receiving so much hate.
Premier League experience is what you use to describe managers that aren’t good enough. Feck PL experience

Status
Not open for further replies.