Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

United in sin

So u think we deserve to have a team that can't play 2 half of football?
It's not about what we 'deserve'. You get what you put in, and this club has been lacking on and off the pitch for aeons now. We don't 'deserve' a team that can put in consistent performances over 90 minutes just because the club's name is Manchester united.

A combination of good planning, implementation of those plans and good recruitment and coaching will eventually lead to better results and more consistent performances. We don't deserve jack shit

reelworld

I may be on my own here, but I don't care for trophies, not yet anyway. What I want from United is simply to be able to watch the team play consistently effective and attractive football. In the last decade or so, there's times even when we're winning, I just have the match on to the side because it's just not entertaining.

I just want to be able to enjoy watching us again. Watch the team actually pass the ball coherently, good positional play instead of the donut formation or players all standing in the same area. Players making sensible runs, working together. Some aspects of our play has to be like Sunday league level honestly, so poor.

I don't care who the coach is, just make us an actual football team again. Right now we're like a video game 'whale', spent all the money have the end game gear, and haven't got a clue of the basics of the game.
Sorry, but I think the "I just want the football to be good, don't care for trophies" is a bit disingenuous. Because with the amount of money that United have, if they bought enough quality to play good football, then it will most likely leads to trophies.

Kaos

How would this poll have shaken out if Tuchel was originally included ?
Still think ETH would have been the favourite, but not by the huge margin we're seeing now. Tuchel would comfortably be second most popular I think.

Kaos

Whoever it is should be announced the moment the season ends by the very latest.
I mean it should ideally be announced before then if we get the blessing of our next manager's current club.

Unless Poch gets sacked before then, then I'm happy not to rush and wait for the season's end :lol:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Still think ETH would have been the favourite, but not by the huge margin we're seeing now. Tuchel would comfortably be second most popular I think.
I admittedly don't know as much about ETH, but Tuchel appears to already be battle proven in England, playing attractive football along the way, so I would probably favor him.

Swedish_Plumber

I mean it should ideally be announced before then if we get the blessing of our next manager's current club.

Unless Poch gets sacked before then, then I'm happy not to rush and wait for the season's end :lol:
Yeah I think it would be a good step forward to get things sorted and announced before the end of the season. Really can’t be arsed hanging around for 2/3 weeks after city/Liverpool win all the big trophies and we waste half the summer :nervous:

Kaos

I admittedly don't know as much about ETH, but Tuchel appears to already be battle proven in England, playing attractive football along the way, so I would probably favor him.
I think the exciting unknown factor as well as the 'hipster' element will still propel ETH to being most popular. I feel with Tuchel people will see him as an excellent coach but not one of the same caliber as Pep/Klopp (but again no one is), whereas there's that tenuous hope that ETH's ceiling might be of their level.

I feel that most posters would be happy with either of the two, and will have a higher threshold for patience to allow them to build the team in their image. Any other candidate like Poch will pretty much be facing sharpened knives from the fans the second things go south.

Giggsy13

If Ten Hag really is the clubs first choice then there is no reason why the club can’t confirm and tie this move down now. It’s not unusual for a manager to announce he’ll be leaving at the end of the season. Everything with the club just feels chaotic, having Ten Hag confirmed will allow the club to start putting in plans for the new season.

Giggsy13

I think the exciting unknown factor as well as the 'hipster' element will still propel ETH to being most popular. I feel with Tuchel people will see him as an excellent coach but not one of the same caliber as Pep/Klopp (but again no one is), whereas there's that tenuous hope that ETH's ceiling might be of their level.

I feel that most posters would be happy with either of the two, and will have a higher threshold for patience to allow them to build the team in their image. Any other candidate like Poch will pretty much be facing sharpened knives from the fans the second things go south.
I think most supporters would love Tuchel here but understand that there are too many variables involved in bringing him to United. There is no indication either that he’s genuinely interested in leaving Chelsea. The club fecked up as usual by not hiring Tuchel when he was available. No point trying to correct that now. Ten Hag comes with risks but there ones worth taking. The club needs to act swiftly to avoid a disastrous and chaotic transfer window.

USREDEVIL

What is this Tuchel nonsense. Clickbait. He's going to stay at Chelsea. Chelsea will shortly get new billionaire owners and they will be ok. He'll just wait till the dust settles. Do you think he has not made friends at Chelsea including players and staff etc. that he would just turn like a switch and abandon them knowing this will be sorted shortly?

Infra-red

What is this Tuchel nonsense. Clickbait. He's going to stay at Chelsea. Chelsea will shortly get new billionaire owners and they will be ok. He'll just wait till the dust settles. Do you think he has not made friends at Chelsea including players and staff etc. that he would just turn like a switch and abandon them knowing this will be sorted shortly?
Indeed. He'll shortly have an unlimited transfer budget and money for anything else he wants. There's not reason for him to leave unless this entire sale process falls through and Chelsea end up going to the wall.

United in sin

This

I give no credence to any to these daily (and often conflicting) reports about who the club has on top of their wishlist for the managerial role. Tuchel being in the running is a joke. Chelsea are indeed ready to whore themselves to the next highest bidder. Business as usual

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Tuchel would be our manager if the board had a clue and sacked Ole at the appropriate time.

reddevil702

Involving Ralf, being proactive with the manager appointment and ensuring he’s in place to have an input on this summers decision, just sounds too logical for Manchester United to operate this way.

Chairman Steve

Wow this seems way too much sense for us.

Mind you, Appointing Ralf as interim and putting him upstairs four months ago seemed a pipe dream when we were speculating it but here we are.

At least we can put some blame on fecking Woodward for our troubles since all these logical moves happened as he was either half way out the door or out of it.

yipthatman

At the very least, I want the new manager capable of making the players play 2 half of football. Sick and tired to watch them play only for 45 or 60 mins. The rest of the match get battered by opponents. We are the biggest club in the world and deserve better than this.
Why do people say that we are the biggest club in the world? We are not even relevant these days on the big stage. We can't play football and we have owners that bleed us dry financially. We need to get rid of this 'biggest club' mindset for the next manager to have half a chance to rebuild and succeed as it creates unnecessary and unrealistic expectations.

Crick

Why are people claiming that Tuchel is suddenly the one everyone would want? This season Chelsea were many pundits favorites to win the league. The narrative in the summer was adding Lukaku to the champions league winning squad and manager made Chelsea favourites for the league. Chelsea have been up and down all season in their form and they are miles off City and Liverpool. That has to be on Tuchel. Tuchel is always hot and cold. Great runs, then abysmal results against team he should be beating and falling out with the staff and players. He was at Dortmund, PSG and now Chelsea. He certainly isn't on the top for new manager. Yes, he's won the Champions League but that's and outlier of a result. He won a cup with Dormund, the league with PSG (so does every PSG manager, abysmal in the CL) and the CL with Chelsea. He a decent modern manager but come on, he wont beat Pep and Klopp either.

ForeverRed1

Having ralf as manager before he goes upstairs is genius, he is seeing the players close up, watching, learning, he will know exactly who needs to go and the whys. He knows better than anyone what’s going on around the club.

Just get the right manager and make some ruthless decisions in the summer.

make the right signings and operate as a football club, finally. We can’t be friends FC anymore.

(Please let it be Erik ten hag, he will only end up at city when pep leaves otherwise.)

IhabX7

If Ten Hag really is the clubs first choice then there is no reason why the club can’t confirm and tie this move down now. It’s not unusual for a manager to announce he’ll be leaving at the end of the season. Everything with the club just feels chaotic, having Ten Hag confirmed will allow the club to start putting in plans for the new season.
He’s fighting out a league title with PSV isn’t he? Don’t think it’s professional to disturb that.

Infra-red

There are risks associated with Ten Hag, but that's true of any appointment. He's shown enough to demonstrate that he's a top class coach with really good ideas about the game. It's a cliché, but if he gets the proper backing, I think we'll all be pretty happy with what we see on the pitch.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Why are people claiming that Tuchel is suddenly the one everyone would want? This season Chelsea were many pundits favorites to win the league. The narrative in the summer was adding Lukaku to the champions league winning squad and manager made Chelsea favourites for the league. Chelsea have been up and down all season in their form and they are miles off City and Liverpool. That has to be on Tuchel. Tuchel is always hot and cold. Great runs, then abysmal results against team he should be beating and falling out with the staff and players. He was at Dortmund, PSG and now Chelsea. He certainly isn't on the top for new manager. Yes, he's won the Champions League but that's and outlier of a result. He won a cup with Dormund, the league with PSG (so does every PSG manager, abysmal in the CL) and the CL with Chelsea. He a decent modern manager but come on, he wont beat Pep and Klopp either.
It’s not on Tuchel at all that we fell off of the title pace. We were top of the league and flying and then Chilwell got injured for the whole rest of the season. Reece James has also missed months worth of games. Wingbacks are the unquestioned most important key to Tuchel’s system here and without 2 of the best wingbacks in the world it’s understandable we’ve fallen away. Imagine how Liverpool would cope for the majority of the season without both Trent and Robertson. Be pretty bad, right? We’ve had to rely on an aging Azpi who doesn’t add much in attack and [Irrelevant point] who moves like he’s in quicksand. And yet we’re still comfortably in 3rd and into the CL quarters.

Also, if we win our game in hand we’d only be 7 points behind Liverpool (who we’ve matched in quality in each of the 3 games we played against them) and 8 off of City. That’s hardly a massive chasm considering our injuries.

Tuchel has been outstanding this season.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Give Ten Hag a 3 year contract with ralph upstairs preparing the paperwork to clear out the snakepit.

If the board announce right now that ralph will be going upstairs and will have a say in who comes in and who goes then you can bet your arse that our players will be busting there guts on the field till the end of the season. Regardless, ralph should have the good sense to kick them out of the back door.

Status
Not open for further replies.