Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaos

Just because it was recommended by Mendes means feck all. He would be a decent appointment. Knowing our management, we could do worse.
We could do a hell of a lot better too. If there's a chance to grab Enrique or Ten Hag either now or in the summer then we should be pulling all the stops to make it happen.

Skills

Snitch
Lopetuigi would be a shockingly poor appointment. Look at the number of goals his team's manage season after season. It's depressing

McUnited

i suppose the main job of the next manager, at least till the end of the season is going to be what style and players function best with Ronaldo. What ever we think of that situation, that is the situation.
I disagree. That should only be one of the incoming manager's assessments. What happens if Ronaldo is injured in the first game?

Infra-red

Sevilla are top of the league and have scored more goals (and averaged more possession) than Man City this season. I don't think the comparisons with Moyes are very fair.

I agree that people might tire of his possession-orientated approach, though - it is a little bit Van Gaal-esque at times.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
i suppose the main job of the next manager, at least till the end of the season is going to be what style and players function best with Ronaldo. What ever we think of that situation, that is the situation.
Frankly anybody Ronaldo wants should automatically be disqualified. He is already distorting reality too much. We will never get a modern playing style if everything is catered towards his narrow (albeit brilliant) game.

stw2022

Given how we've announced it, surely nobody who would be available now e.g Zidane or even Rogers given that I can't see him turning down the role to stay with Leicester through until end of the season, is now in contention. It's someone under contract to club he can't/isn't willing to break until the summer.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
No one respects the club anymore :lol: :(

The Glazers and Woodward have blood on their hands
This is Klopp's attitude to Woodward's Disneyland offer now become near universal.

At some point the share price is going to start collapsing. At which point the Glazers will probably start buying shares, the sneaky knuts.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I don't know where is the problem.
1) Ask Zidane does he want a job or not. If not...
2) Go and say to Ten Haag that it is now or never. If he refuses...
3) Hire Rodgers on 18 months contract. If he does well with this squad for the rest of the season then give him another season.

It is not that hard, ffs.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Sevilla are top of the league and have scored more goals (and averaged more possession) than Man City this season. I don't think the comparisons with Moyes are very fair.

I agree that people might tire of his possession-orientated approach, though - it is a little bit Van Gaal-esque at times.
We played them last season in the group stages of the CL when Lampard was in charge. In the first leg they were brilliant and completely dominated us for large parts of the game. They were great in possession and pressed us like a Klopp team.

Yes, we then completely smacked them 4-0 in the second meeting, but they were far from defensive or boring like many in here seem to think.

MrSingh2002

Are we genuinely not big enough to get Pochettino out of his job, Ten Hag out of his job, Zidane to want to come instead of waiting around for a potential France job?

With our playing squad I would've thought atleast one of out those 3 would take the long term contract that's going to be offered.

stw2022

This guy jumps on other people's stories, adds innocuous trivial impossible to disprove titbits and everyone sucks his arse. I can do that

'Enrique's family "very settled", wife is said not be keen on move to England'

Look how ITK I am. Sorry for a slight derailment but that is ALL this guy does. His reputation as a reliable source is a joke. Someone breaks a story, two mins later not only is he ahead of that story, he has an indirect quote from someone central to the story. Biggest bullshitter going. Very good at it though.

If you Tweet at 14:00 you're going to make a sandwich at 14:01 he's going to be Tweeting: sources say this will be "meat based" yet this is unconfirmed - depends on the cheese" and everyone will be wanking over how much knowledge he has about your lunch. Everything he does is jump on what's been tweeted by others, adding on nonsense made up trivia to make it seem as if he's the one who got the scoop.

Last edited:

MrSingh2002

Seems like we've got too many decision makers at the club in the absence of one good decision maker or director of football.

Keeping the coaching staff is a disgraceful decision if the interim manager is being forced to keep them on.

Ole and coaching staff to:
Someone else and coaching staff.

Is that much of an upgrade of the management team? No!

RORY65

Given how we've announced it, surely nobody who would be available now e.g Zidane or even Rogers given that I can't see him turning down the role to stay with Leicester through until end of the season, is now in contention. It's someone under contract to club he can't/isn't willing to break until the summer.
Not necessarily. Given that they apparently weren't planning on sacking Solskjaer until the loss yesterday I doubt they have anyone in mind for the summer. It's just kicking the can down the road in the hope that someone becomes available then or that the interim does well enough that they can avoid having to do any actual work and just give them the job permanently.

However the circumstances may change (Zidane might be more interested next summer, maybe it's harder to get the target they want, Rodgers might be sacked by Leicester so they don't have to buy him out etc.) and so although they're probably not the favourites right now, I don't think this rules them out completely because currently I doubt there's any real plan in place.

Kaos

Are we genuinely not big enough to get Pochettino out of his job, Ten Hag out of his job, Zidane to want to come instead of waiting around for a potential France job?

With our playing squad I would've thought atleast one of out those 3 would take the long term contract that's going to be offered.
Poch looks like he's going to win his first major honours with PSG this season so unlikely he throws that chance away, Ten Hag is unlikely to leave Ajax midseason especially with the season they're having, and Zidane has no interest in managing in England, nor can he even speak English.

padzilla

Hipster
It wouldn't surprise me if this talk of an interim manager is part of a long-term plan to get Gareth Southgate or something equally foolish.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Sky think we are gagging for Potch

Reddevildans

It's not that we're not big enough. It's the structure at the club and those the manager will work under that probably puts them off.

davidmichael

Sky Sports News are saying that Pocchettino is our number one target with Ten Hag as second choice, won’t let me copy the link but the story is on the app.

crossy1686

career ending
I don't know where is the problem.
1) Ask Zidane does he want a job or not. If not...
2) Go and say to Ten Haag that it is now or never. If he refuses...
3) Hire Rodgers on 18 months contract. If he does well with this squad for the rest of the season then give him another season.

It is not that hard, ffs.
What if Leicester want £20m to release him?

KeanoMagicHat

Pochettino won't go mid-season when he has the best chance to win the Champions League in his entire career. We need to stop chasing this.

crossy1686

career ending
Pochettino won't go mid-season when he has the best chance to win the Champions League in his entire career. We need to stop chasing this.
Neither will Ten Hag which is why an interim is important for the rest of the season. The pool of potential managers becomes just Rodgers if we're not playing CL football next year

MrSingh2002

It's not that we're not big enough. It's the structure at the club and those the manager will work under that probably puts them off.
That probably doesn't help the case. You'd have to think we have the agreement in place for a manager to come in at the end of the season and that's why we're going after an interim manager.

Youd like to think we're not just kicking the can down the road but that can't be written off either. Personally I think it will be out of Ten Hag/Pochettino/Zidane.

stw2022

Neither will Ten Hag which is why an interim is important for the rest of the season. The pool of potential managers becomes just Rodgers if we're not playing CL football next year
No a chance Ten Hag turns us down so he can have a crack at the CL with Ajax next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.