Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Frankly anybody Ronaldo wants should automatically be disqualified. He is already distorting reality too much. We will never get a modern playing style if everything is catered towards his narrow (albeit brilliant) game.
If a manger comes in and drops Ronaldo the $h!t storm that follows in terms of media scrutiny, social media backlash, unrest in the dressing room, will completely derail the manager and any chance they have of success.

That’s what comes with signing a player of the standing of Ronaldo. Any manager who comes in has to play Ronaldo to have any chance of staying on last his time at the club

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
I don't know where is the problem.
1) Ask Zidane does he want a job or not. If not...
2) Go and say to Ten Haag that it is now or never. If he refuses...
3) Hire Rodgers on 18 months contract. If he does well with this squad for the rest of the season then give him another season.

It is not that hard, ffs.
Lot of ifs. What if Bodger refuses?
Wouldn't it be better to wait till the summer for the right man than appoint the wrong man now?

crossy1686

career ending
No a chance Ten Hag turns us down so he can have a crack at the CL with Ajax next season.
Why not? He could potentially have Bayern, Juve, Barca, PSG or Madrid the season after if he keeps Ajax playing well in the CL and knocking those clubs out. No one wants to manage or play for a EL team.

Mcking

I like the Enrique shout as well. Mancini, Enrique, Varlverde are the caliber of managers we should be going for since the obvious ones are all taken. I'd take Emery as well, can always sack them right away if it doesn't work out.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
I disagree. That should only be one of the incoming manager's assessments. What happens if Ronaldo is injured in the first game?
Then he is out for that game. But the majority of games he will play. And working out how to make a team work with him in it is the only option a manager has

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
If a manger comes in and drops Ronaldo the $h!t storm that follows in terms of media scrutiny, social media backlash, unrest in the dressing room, will completely derail the manager and any chance they have of success.

That’s what comes with signing a player of the standing of Ronaldo. Any manager who comes in has to play Ronaldo to have any chance of staying on last his time at the club
In which case no high press. So no Ten Hag. No Poch.

This is what happens when you run a football club as a marketing brand.

Talisker

If Ten Hag won't leave Ajax (who, admittedly are in the CL, but have very, very little chance of winning it), then our pulling-power really has nosedived somewhat.

stw2022

Why not? He could potentially have Bayern, Juve, Barca, PSG or Madrid the season after if he keeps Ajax playing well in the CL and knocking those clubs out. No one wants to manage or play for a EL team.
Because it doesnt't work like that. Clubs dont appoint managers based on who's beaten them in individual games before because that would be a complete nonsense.

Barcelona may not qualify for CL next year either. He won't turn them down to stay at Ajax hoping he draws Juve and beats them. and then the Juventus board think 'let's appoint that guy who beat us once' either.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I think that we should get Rangnick as temporary manager only to promote him as DOF at the end of the season. Then we can sign Ten Hag.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Ten Hag would be my choice, although probably is flavour of the month.
Christophe Galtier is a really interesting choice though. I've no idea his managing style etc, but the fact he won the league with Lille last year, who are currently 12th, and is now managing Nice who with a game in hand could go second, finished 9th last year

Zoo

Follows on from Neville saying that Poch would take the job tomorrow if he could. Clearly they know something.

Talisker

I did consider Rene Meulensteen as interim manager, but that would probably involve the nightmare scenario of Carrick/Phelen/McKenna staying put.

Addled

This is great news. We never get our first choice due to huge amounts of incompetency so we may end up with Ten Hag. Happy days

mattunited1978

doommonger
Arne Slot's an interesting manager, at fulltime of the game they're currently playing, his Feyenoord team will go above Ajax with the same number of games played. They are top of there European group, although that competitions poor they've beat the team currently 5th in the german league twice.

Built a good reputation at AZ before joining Feyenoord this season and has turned around there fortunes almost straight away.

MDFC Manager

I think that we should get Rangnick as temporary manager only to promote him as DOF at the end of the season. Then we can sign Ten Hag.
If this is the best possible scenario, its also the most unlikely scenario with our club

crossy1686

career ending
Because it doesnt't work like that. Clubs dont appoint managers based on who's beaten them in individual games before because that would be a complete nonsense.

Barcelona may not qualify for CL next year either. He won't turn them down to stay at Ajax hoping he draws Juve and beats them. and then the Juventus board think 'let's appoint that guy who beat us once' either.
They're playing good football also, it's not just the beating of opposition in the CL. Many managers have made steps up due to good CL showings, Poch and the bloke at Bayern are just two in recent years. It doesn't make sense for him to not play CL football with Ajax and wait for a more stable job offer than a basket case of a club in the EL, if in fact that happens

MDFC Manager

Arne Slot's an interesting manager, at fulltime of the game they're currently playing, his Feyenoord team will go above Ajax with the same number of games played. They are top of there European group, although that competitions poor they've beat the team currently 5th in the german league twice.

Built a good reputation at AZ before joining Feyenoord this season and has turned around there fortunes almost straight away.
What's his playstyle?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
This is great news. We never get our first choice due to huge amounts of incompetency so we may end up with Ten Hag. Happy days
Ten Hag will take one glance at the Glazers and Woodward/Arnold/Murtough and say 'nah I will wait for another top job thanks'.

Really don't see him being happy with the current club structure.

Poch or Brendan in the summer. And if it is then it's Poch over Brendan for me anyday.

stw2022

I'm afraid of any manager Fergie recommends now.

Fergie's name gets thrown in as bullshit by anyone who wants to appear like they know who they're talking about. Incredible achievement by these people to make actual Man United fans think Ferguson or anyone close to him has taken time to leak this to some gobshite radio presenter he's never heard of

Ixion

Hate to say it, but Fergie wanting Poch makes me want Poch even less, and I already really really didn't want him.
I would be worried we'd missed the right time to appoint Poch, just like with Jose. If it were to happen it should have been a few years ago.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Sevilla are top of the league and have scored more goals (and averaged more possession) than Man City this season. I don't think the comparisons with Moyes are very fair.

I agree that people might tire of his possession-orientated approach, though - it is a little bit Van Gaal-esque at times.
He needs time. He isn't going to make us better immediately. Sevilla's progress has been gradual. I mean, if we are looking for a short term option I'm not sure if he would fit in now.
Agree, he is a decent option.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Fergie; with all due respect, stay out of this... you were a great manager, but seemingly doesn't understand what others need to be great managers. Hope we avoid Pochettino and Rodgers like the plague.

Now that Enrique ruled himself out, do all we can to get one of Zidane, Ten Hag, Mancini. Missed the tap in to get Conte a month ago.

Mainoldo

Follows on from Neville saying that Poch would take the job tomorrow if he could. Clearly they know something.
The dreaded kiss of death. Moyes, Ole. Please SAF nomore.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Lopetugui was sacked at Madrid after a few months, I have my doubts as to whether he can hack it at a big club. Not the right option for us!

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Poch and Ronaldo - what could go wrong.

On the contrary , lot of other players would just fit in seamlessly.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Fergie; with all due respect, stay out of this... you were a great manager, but seemingly doesn't understand what others need to be great managers. Hope we avoid Pochettino and Rodgers like the plague.

Now that Enrique ruled himself out, do all we can to get one of Zidane, Ten Hag, Mancini. Missed the tap in to get Conte a month ago.
Mancini? The guy who won the league with City? As if that's ever going to happen. Hahahahaha.

Zidane clearly isn't interested and doesn't speak English.

Ten Hag would be fine choice however I don't think he'd like the way the club is ran at all. In fact I'm certain he wouldn't.

Poch or Brendan.

Status
Not open for further replies.