Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BorisManUtd

Follows on from Neville saying that Poch would take the job tomorrow if he could. Clearly they know something.
Not surprising, think Fergie wanted Pochettino back in 2016 as well. Wasn't to be then; in 2019 or 2020. Could still happen in 2022.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Pochettino for feck's sake. I give up. When is that name going to just go away?

the_cliff

Jamie Jackson said we've just started to look for an interim :lol: :lol:

You can't make this up.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Why would Poch, irrespective of how hard he's finding the PSG job, come here when he's walking the French league and is very much in contention for the CL?

As for SAF, getting involved, everyone seems to be of the opinion he deserves a rest after managing us for 20 years but can he please observe from an arm's length? We've had enough of his picks, I'm sorry to say.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Yup, Rangnick might set the base for the manager if we intend to go for Poch or Ten Hag. Doesn't he like playing a high pressing style, which both Poch and Ten Hag also like?
He's the father of modern German football. Klopp calls him one of the best if not the best German coach, he influenced Tuchel to go into coaching and was a huge influence on Nagelsmann as well. Tactically I'd suggest you click on this link

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/analysis/ralf-rangnick-tactical-analysis-tactics

Chairman Steve

Whoever the next manager is, isn’t getting fecking rimjobbed right from the offset.

No more ‘Chosen One’ banners or being at the wheel chants. Respect is earned not given etc.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Mancini? The guy who won the league with City? As if that's ever going to happen. Hahahahaha.

Zidane clearly isn't interested and doesn't speak English.

Ten Hag would be fine choice however I don't think he'd like the way the club is ran at all. In fact I'm certain he wouldn't.

Poch or Brendan.
Yeah the top manager who just won the Euros with Italy and would perhaps be open to leaving on the back of international success for a big club job.

The whole speaking English thing seems to be a bandwagon thing that people jump on. I'd be surprised if he doesn't know English at all. But also Bielsa has no problem with that.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
If it did ultimately come down to Poch or Ten Hag, that's fine. Both have question marks over them but we're not getting much better and we could get a lot worse.

Delano

I think what's obvious is journos are completely guessing. How would they know who's coming, when the club have no idea themselves?

Sparky Rhiwabon

I’ve got a feeling it’ll be Poch. I’d prefer Ten Hag I think, but I think they’ll go for someone more “obvious”

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Ten Hag would be a great choice, and has to be the #1 choice. If we feel we can get him in the summer, great. Get an interim and whatever. Don't do it for fecking Poch or Rodgers.

Red_toad

I think that we should get Rangnick as temporary manager only to promote him as DOF at the end of the season. Then we can sign Ten Hag.
Mentioned on Rio’s latest YouTube video. Not that it means anything. Likes to play pressing football and we have a team who are simply not suited to it.

Bocca9978

I don't know where is the problem.
1) Ask Zidane does he want a job or not. If not...
2) Go and say to Ten Haag that it is now or never. If he refuses...
3) Hire Rodgers on 18 months contract. If he does well with this squad for the rest of the season then give him another season.

It is not that hard, ffs.
1) Probably already done.
2) Would only be in the summer, won’t be now.
3) I really hope he isn’t out next manager. Can’t you see how shit that will be?

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
I would be worried we'd missed the right time to appoint Poch, just like with Jose. If it were to happen it should have been a few years ago.
If Poch wants it then we wait. In the meantime we prepare.

I would ship in Lampard to do that as he has a proven track record of playing John the Baptist to the high press Jesus. A lot of Chelsea's instant success with Tuchel was down to what Lampard did. And I would quietly tell Ronaldo that next year he will have to press or else he should look for a new club.

Waiting on Ten Hag is unrealistic. There's no reason to think he wants to come here and every reason to think he doesn't. Ditto Zidane.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
I'm not as adverse to Poch as some on here. His Southampton and Spurs sides were very good and he got them punching well above their weight on limited budgets. However, I would still prefer that Ajax dude. I don't think there's anyone else that's suitable other than these 2.

MUFC OK

I really don’t want Poch, but have a feeling he’s exactly what the glazers would go for. I think Ten Hag would be perfect, Zidane too many question marks, we should do all we can to get ETH now.

Rolaholic

Not sure where this fascination with Blanc comes from?

He's never shown to be a quality manager yet and hasn't coached in Europe in over 5 years. His Qatari side has struggle as well regardless of having players like James, Brahimi and Nzonzi.

Just sounds like more desperate 'United DNA' nonsense

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Mentioned on Rio’s latest YouTube video. Not that it means anything. Likes to play pressing football and we have a team who are simply not suited to it.
You will be amazed what a manager can do to a team. We haven't had one since Mou left. However I want Rangnick for what he does off the pitch not on it. His uncompromising nature would probably make a clear out of mates FC

Tarrou

I really don’t want Poch, but have a feeling he’s exactly what the glazers would go for. I think Ten Hag would be perfect, Zidane too many question marks, we should do all we can to get ETH now.
its gonna pump?

Ralph1386

Not sure where this fascination with Blanc comes from?

He's never shown to be a quality manager yet and hasn't coached in Europe in over 5 years. His Qatari side has struggle as well regardless of having players like James, Brahimi and Nzonzi.

Just sounds like more desperate 'United DNA' nonsense
PSG fans remember him as the best manager they got since the Qataris took them over. This list includes Ancelotti, Tuchel and Poch.

Rolaholic

PSG fans remember him as the best manager they got since the Qataris took them over. This list includes Ancelotti, Tuchel and Poch.
He didn't achieve anything those others haven't and the other 3 have been established elsewhere unlike him, his French NT was a shitshow.

Like I said, if he was quality he would've had another job in Europe in the 5 years since they sacked him rather than settling for Qatar.

Not moved by him even in an interim role at all

Relfy

I’ve voted for Ten Haag. Looks like a good and promising coach. None of the others to me look that great or possible. I don’t think Zidane fancies us and has gone on record to say he’s little appetite for joining a PL team.

I don’t get the love for Poch. Rodgers and Mancini are a no due to past clubs they’ve been at. Luis Enrique is about to take Spain into a World Cup. Nagelsman or Rose wont leave current positions, but both should be looked at as potential of being the manager after the next manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.