Next PM | #NoMoBoJo | Still hanging around like a bad smell

I'd be happy with Sunak or Javid to be honest. Both come from normal backgrounds and both excelled in incredibly difficult industries.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
I'd be happy with Sunak or Javid to be honest. Both come from normal backgrounds and both excelled in incredibly difficult industries.
Javid maybe - but Sunak does not come from a 'normal' background.

Drifter

American
Pritti Patel. They are terrible Tories at the end of the day

altodevil

An immigrant doctor's son? Hardly silver spoon stuff.
Lived in a 6 bedroom house and went to private boarding school. He's not from a normal background.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I feel like I know all of these pricks intimately, except for Penny Mordaunt who I'd never heard of this time two days ago.

And for that reason, I believe she should be the next PM.

Lived in a 6 bedroom house and went to private boarding school. He's not from a normal background.
His parents worked to put him through a good school. Nothing wrong there and pretty normal middle class. He waited tables in his summers off. The extreme wealth came later on.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
I feel like I know all of these pricks intimately, except for Penny Mordaunt who I'd never heard of this time two days ago.

And for that reason, I believe she should be the next PM.
I think she would be the best bet for the conservatives... she's decent at the dispatch box and I think she would do well in hustings ... that said I'm not sure she carries enough mp support to get to the final two

altodevil

His parents worked to put him through a good school. Nothing wrong there and pretty normal middle class. He waited tables in his summers off. The extreme wealth came later on.
That's not normal middle class. That's upper middle class, and certainly not normal overall.

FireballXL5

Hopefully someone with even less self-awareness than Boris, and thick as a brick. Liz Truss.

Green_Red

It will be Hunt because let's face it, the Tories are not ready for anyone that isnt white to lead their party for real...

Longshanks

Give it giggsy till end of season.

I mean he has better morals than most of the tories.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
:lol:

He had a summer job, he’s a regular man of the people.