Next PM | #NoMoBoJo | Still hanging around like a bad smell

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
Snubbing the BBC is probably quite the vote winner for her. It wouldn't surprise me if she ended up on GB News more than the BBC, like Trump she'll gravitate to those who make her feel smarter than she is.
https://www.statista.com/statistics...ws-channels-sources-in-the-united-kingdom-uk/
Living in my little northern hovel I'm surprised GB News had 6%, but that might say more about me than the nation as a whole.

Although Tory party members probably still think the BBC is a lefty communist conspiracy so I take your point.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
So the voting for the PM is all over.

Result to be announced on Monday - after weeks of suspense (we've known the result since the beginning).

Tuesday up to Scotland to see the Queen.

Rest of the week - photo shoot in Kyiv and appointment of new comedy cabinet.

Following week - international relations broken off with rest of world.

Smores

Say what you want but we'll have the best Cheese and Pork markets the world has ever seen

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
This picture of Truss on the BBC front-page has me in stitches. I don't think it's possible for another person to look more out of place than her in this picture.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
This picture of Truss on the BBC front-page has me in stitches. I don't think it's possible for another person to look more out of place than her in this picture.

Eurrrgh stop with all of this freaking cosplay can someone make all of this stop?

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
So the voting for the PM is all over.

Result to be announced on Monday - after weeks of suspense (we've known the result since the beginning).

Tuesday up to Scotland to see the Queen.

Rest of the week - photo shoot in Kyiv and appointment of new comedy cabinet.

Following week - international relations broken off with rest of world.
Listening to some of her promises, increasing defence spending to 3% plus other random pledges shows she is a typical Tory politician.
She is good at saying the first silly thing that comes into her head.
And of course nobody nowadays things any of what she says has any substance or likelihood of happening.

MoskvaRed

It’s going to be a rocky ride for the next 1-2 years but Truss represents the best chance of turfing the Conservatives out of government for a generation. The next government (most likely a Labour-led coalition) then must make it priority number one to scrap the current voting system where 40% of the vote can deliver a parliamentary dictatorship followed by 200,000 golf club bores imposing a joke replacement PM on the country.

Paul the Wolf

Listening to some of her promises, increasing defence spending to 3% plus other random pledges shows she is a typical Tory politician.
She is good at saying the first silly thing that comes into her head.
And of course nobody nowadays things any of what she says has any substance or likelihood of happening.
I'm fairly sure she's being told what to say by the ERG and if she comes under close scrutiny without a script she'll come unstuck fairly quickly.

Don't see her lasting very long and can't see the Tories risking having her as leader at a GE. What is worrying is how much more damage she will do to the UK, its external relations and standing on the world stage even if she only lasts a short time.

When I left the UK I never imagined that they would ever be daft enough to leave the EU, vote for an obvious clown and liar as PM and sink even lower and have a complete idiot as PM. Now I'm not convinced that is not the end of how low the UK will go.

Tibs

Motivation:

If this thick as feck cnut can be become PM - you can do anything.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I'm fairly sure she's being told what to say by the ERG and if she comes under close scrutiny without a script she'll come unstuck fairly quickly.

Don't see her lasting very long and can't see the Tories risking having her as leader at a GE. What is worrying is how much more damage she will do to the UK, its external relations and standing on the world stage even if she only lasts a short time.

When I left the UK I never imagined that they would ever be daft enough to leave the EU, vote for an obvious clown and liar as PM and sink even lower and have a complete idiot as PM. Now I'm not convinced that is not the end of how low the UK will go.
When you put it that way, it really does sound unbelievable.
But it has happened unfortunately.
We seem to be sleepwalking from crisis to crisis and all because of incredibly stupid decisions on the part of the electorate and then by the government we have voted for.
It is a nightmare and I am afraid things are going to get significantly worse in the next months and years to come.
All of this against the backdrop of Russia using their oil and gas supplies as a weapon against the West. Something that is not going to end well for Europe as a whole until we are able to tell Putin what to do with his gas supplies. And that is going to take many years to come about.

Smores

Motivation:

If this thick as feck cnut can be become PM - you can do anything.
Only if you're willing to sell your soul, which describes much of the Tory party.

The background to all our lives has been depressing for a decade now and I can't see it getting better. You hope breaking point has been met to elect Labour in but I have no trust in the public.

We're about to enter severe economic misery and face the growing reality of climate change. Huge challenges that need the best we have, if we're instead stuck with racist appeasers then we're screwed.

Jericholyte2

Only if you're willing to sell your soul, which describes much of the Tory party.

The background to all our lives has been depressing for a decade now and I can't see it getting better. You hope breaking point has been met to elect Labour in but I have no trust in the public.

We're about to enter severe economic misery and face the growing reality of climate change. Huge challenges that need the best we have, if we're instead stuck with racist appeasers then we're screwed.
I believe that’s why Poundland Thatcher’s dad won’t talk to her now.

Dan_F

Truss is getting a battering from Kuenssburg of all people right now on BBC. Defending a graph as “fair” which showed the richest stand to gain thousands under her national insurance cuts, compared to the poorest gaining £7.

I honestly can’t believe she’s about to become PM.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Truss is getting a battering from Kuenssburg of all people right now on BBC. Defending a graph as “fair” which showed the richest stand to gain thousands under her national insurance cuts, compared to the poorest gaining £7.

Neither can she by the way she is pledging to pick everything off the Tory magic money tree.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Kuenssberg will do everything in her power to get Boris back.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Kuenssberg will do everything in her power to get Boris back.
Not just her.
I am convinced that Truss is only there to show how much the Tories depend on Boris as an election winner.
I mean. Seriously how can they elect Truss as their leader if not for that reason.
He will be back. You can be sure of that.

Maticmaker

Sounds like you've had a lucky escape Paul, we didn't have you here to guide us, that's what it is.
If only you had realised the ship was sinking, you could have stayed aboard and sounded the 'all hands-on deck' alert, "England expects...etc."

Perhaps in due course the UK will sink beneath the waves (the new low) and form itself into a continental shelf? ;)

Paul the Wolf

Sounds like you've had a lucky escape Paul, we didn't have you here to guide us, that's what it is.
If only you had realised the ship was sinking, you could have stayed aboard and sounded the 'all hands-on deck' alert, "England expects...etc."

Perhaps in due course the UK will sink beneath the waves (the new low) and form itself into a continental shelf? ;)
I realised the ship was sinking long before I left, took me five years to escape. Got out just in time. What craziness will follow the reign of the vacant cheesehead?