Next PM | #NoMoBoJo | Still hanging around like a bad smell

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
During the coalition years, the best policies such as legalising same sex marriage, increasing the personal allowance, shared parental leave, scrapping the compulsory retirement age etc. were all driven b7 the Lib Dems, as was the pupil premium policy which I think divided opinion but which the Tories and Michael Gove in-particular tried to take credit for. I'm not a blind Lib Dem supporter though and there were plenty of things that they did during that period that I disagreed with.

Since the Tories have been left to govern by themselves (or with some assistance by the DUP) since 2015, what have they actually achieved? They've basically been devoid of any ideas, and failed across the board when it has come to managing the economy, the NHS, transport, housing, crime etc.

Smores

Sigh, it really worries me where we're heading.
The hope is she pivots to please the general electorate as she seems to just say whatever pleases her audience.

It'll still be a shit show as she's play to her base but hopefully it's not quite as bad as the path we're seeing.

I don't trust the british electorate not to fall for Trump tactics though especially if she offers tax cuts.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
The hope is she pivots to please the general electorate as she seems to just say whatever pleases her audience.

It'll still be a shit show as she's play to her base but hopefully it's not quite as bad as the path we're seeing.

I don't trust the british electorate not to fall for Trump tactics though especially if she offers tax cuts.
Waiting for scumbag politicians to pivot always works out perfectly, right @Raoul?!

WPMUFC

If Labour had a brain, they'd be collecting all of these clips and their election adverts are set.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
If Labour had a brain, they'd be collecting all of these clips and their election adverts are set.
100% guarantee that is what they are doing. The Tories are providing all the ammunition they will need.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
They are showboating in front of their tory voters at these hustings. I'm looking forward to her being properly questioned after she comes into power and watching the shit show.
It will be hilariously ironic. The clown is being replaced by the village idiot.

Jericholyte2

The best thing Government has done recently was the immunisation roll out. A great advert for the good the Government can do for people and certainly not an example of small thinking.
The start of it, yes. But we were quickly overtaken by many many countries as we didn’t continue with efforts. Plus the refusal to put India of the red list in order to help get a trade deal allowed the initial Delta variant in essentially unchecked, undoing a lot of the good that the initial roll out did.

FireballXL5

Truss doesn't have the self-awareness to realise she's thick as pigshit, so her handlers must have pulled the plug on that one.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Are there odds available for Truss to be wheeled out of No.10 in a straitjacket before the end of the year shouting in a Margaret Thatcher voice, "But I'm the Prime Minister!"?
I'm going for "and I would've gotten away with it if it weren't for you meddling kids!"

Smores

Truss doesn't have the self-awareness to realise she's thick as pigshit, so her handlers must have pulled the plug on that one.
Snubbing the BBC is probably quite the vote winner for her. It wouldn't surprise me if she ended up on GB News more than the BBC, like Trump she'll gravitate to those who make her feel smarter than she is.

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
Johnson avoided the last couple of debates without it affecting his popularity or chances of becoming PM, didn't he? She's probably come to the same conclusion that it can only harm her at all this stage. Better to be quiet and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt, and all that.