Next Spurs manager?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I think Sarri has been harshly treated in his last two jobs. His football isn't great but he's won silverware, he got fecked off for fat Frank who won nothing and Pirlo who has Juventus not winning Serie A for the first time in years.

Maybe Sarri will be too much like Mourinho though.
He didn't like living in London apparently so don't see that happening.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Spurs legend...
Managerial Experience...
Available...
Has a true understanding of the North London Rivalry...
Lots of nicknames and chants ready to go from day 1...

C'mon Levy... its gotta be sol... anything else is just racist

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
If I was a Tottenham fan, from the realistic options available Ten Hag would be my first choice and I'm surprised they haven't been linked to Bielsa.

Can't see Rogers leaving for Spurs, Nagelsmann is going to Bayern, Hassenhuttle, Howe & Nuno are nothing special.

Potter is an interesting one, I can't work out if he is a good manager or not.
Bielsa is 66 soon and their next manager will likely have to endure a long term project to get them back to being competitive (which I'm not entirely sure Levy will recognize anyway). It's not a job for him. They need someone young who can spend the next 2-3 years rebuilding that team.

Kaos

I'd quite like to see Bielsa at Spurs - would be quite a fun experience I'd imagine. Also I have a soft spot for him and hate the fact he manages the scum.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I think if they want to get results and close the gap they should go with Benitez as the safest option. He might be boring, but he gets results whilst keeping the team happy. And he's good in cups too.

Hughes35

Bielsa is 66 soon and their next manager will likely have to endure a long term project to get them back to being competitive (which I'm not entirely sure Levy will recognize anyway). It's not a job for him. They need someone young who can spend the next 2-3 years rebuilding that team.
I disagree TBH.

Bielsa will still be managing in 3-4 years time. Very few managers last beyond this point anyway so a managers age shouldn't be an issue.

I'd much rather get 3-4 years of success with a manager who then retires than 4 years of nothing with a young manager that then fades away to a mid level club.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
If Brendan falls out of the top 4 again, should any team that is trying to get CL really want him? That seems like foretelling of what to expect.

TheReligion

Abusive
Who would really want this job at the moment?

You'd need massive assurances of money being available and something on the futures of Son and Kane for starters. That's not even looking at accepting no CL.

Don't see Rodgers taking it.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I disagree TBH.

Bielsa will still be managing in 3-4 years time. Very few managers last beyond this point anyway so a managers age shouldn't be an issue.

I'd much rather get 3-4 years of success with a manager who then retires than 4 years of nothing with a young manager that then fades away to a mid level club.
Check Bielsa's history. He has his own way of things and he would just quit if thats not the case. He isn't one who goes behind big jobs. Bielsa is very happy at Leeds and I doubt any sort of money can take him.away from Leeds.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Eddie Howe deserves a chance, I think. Him and Spurs would be a good fit.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Graham Potter will be an interesting one imo. I would like to see what he can do with his xG on much better players than Brighton. Spurs would be an ideal test to see that. Potter needs ball playing centre backs, very good wingbacks going forward, and forwards that can finish.

Lloris
J.Andersen Aldeweireld Botman
M.Aarons
Hojbjerg - Ndombele Reguilon
Lo Celso/Alli
Jimenez - Son
I think that‘s a good and interesting team under Potter.

Giggs86

What difference will it make? They won't win anything, they are Spurs. Might as well hire Harry and Jamie Redknapp as a father/son coaching combo.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Why are they considering Southgate? :lol:

I think Erik ten Hag would be a good fit.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
I would love them to take Southgate and then we can have someone new in the England job, I'd like to Eddie Howe take that.

poleglass red

tough one this, I don't see a high profile manager appointment like they did with Jose. I'm not sure many would take it, especially if they finish outside top 4 and Kane leaves. The might need a younger, hungrier manager who is not going to ask for huge sums of money and work with what he has. A bit like the early version of Poch. Some have already mentioned Howe, but Scot Parker could also be an option, he had a short spell there as a player. Might not be the fancy manager Spurs fans want, but they aren't in a strong position to entice obvious options such as Rodgers.

youmeletsfly

tough one this, I don't see a high profile manager appointment like they did with Jose. I'm not sure many would take it, especially if they finish outside top 4 and Kane leaves. The might need a younger, hungrier manager who is not going to ask for huge sums of money and work with what he has. A bit like the early version of Poch. Some have already mentioned Howe, but Scot Parker could also be an option, he had a short spell there as a player. Might not be the fancy manager Spurs fans want, but they aren't in a strong position to entice obvious options such as Rodgers.
They can also go the other way around, invest a bit in a few players here and there and get a top manager. Dunno how their finances are these days though.

I think they should push for a top class manager who could push them to win at least a cup just to break the duck. Hiring a younger manager in my opinion might be a bit of a mistake that can set them back a bit.
Their next manager venture needs to be a successful one or they'll lose Kane and Son and go back to being the Spurs of old.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
SSN saying Rodgers isn't interested

Did they really sack Mourinho thinking they'd get Nagelsmann? Highly optimistic naive :lol:

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Surely a bit of a backwards step for Ten Haag after his Ajax exploits? He'd earn more money but i reckon if he's a little more patient, he could get a move to a bigger/UCL side.

CM

Parker could be in the frame. Fulham have played some decent stuff in flashes and it's all the rage to hire ex-players at the moment.

I expect they'll look towards ten Hag for someone with a bit more of a reputation but think he could possibly get a bigger job if he's patient enough.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Surely a bit of a backwards step for Ten Haag after his Ajax exploits? He'd earn more money but i reckon if he's a little more patient, he could get a move to a bigger/UCL side.
As the foremost prophet of our times once said: "moving from Spurs to Bayern Munich is a sideways step mate".

One of you is wrong.

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
They already have their man. 100% win ratio in the PL currently. Mason will build something beautiful.

Infra-red

I was hoping that they would avoid (or be unable to get) Nagelsmann and Ten Hag (mostly because I think they' both do quite well). One down...

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Ten Hag or Rafa I think would be good for different reasons. Everyone else probably too big a risk.