Neymar on the move?

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Pretty sure the Barcelona ship has sailed. For as many people that would be happy to see Neymar back, there are as many who are still upset with how he left, happy that it led to the discovery of Ansu Fati, and don't want the headaches that it will bring as players will have to be moved and for them to be moved, they have to want to actually leave. They're going to lose Rakitic for peanuts because he hasn't gotten over still of how he was treated in the Neymar transfer saga, Dembele flat out said he would turn down any contracts for a move. All of this doesn't mean it can't still happen, but I think there's at least as much of a chance he goes to Real Madrid than he goes back to Barcelona.
I am certain Barcelona wont be depending on Ansu Fati to win the CL unless he turns into another Messi
Rakitic is already 32 and has very little resale value at the moment
The Barca offence lacks balance they need a real wide player who will stretch play, Griezmann Coutinho and Suarez cannot really do this and Dembele is unreliable. Only Neymar can do this at the highest level. Maybe Mane

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Pretty sure the Barcelona ship has sailed. For as many people that would be happy to see Neymar back, there are as many who are still upset with how he left, happy that it led to the discovery of Ansu Fati, and don't want the headaches that it will bring as players will have to be moved and for them to be moved, they have to want to actually leave. They're going to lose Rakitic for peanuts because he hasn't gotten over still of how he was treated in the Neymar transfer saga, Dembele flat out said he would turn down any contracts for a move. All of this doesn't mean it can't still happen, but I think there's at least as much of a chance he goes to Real Madrid than he goes back to Barcelona.
It's at least as difficult for Madrid. They've already got Hazard, Isco, Vinicius and Rodrygo for the left wing. Isco can play as a CM, too but bring in Neymar and you have to shift Hazard to the right wing which isn't possible. I currently see no way how to fit both into a 4-3-3 unless one of them changes into a false nine (unlikely) and I don't think Zidane would he happy if Perez made him abandon this formation. And getting rid of Hazard after just one year? Come on.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I am certain Barcelona wont be depending on Ansu Fati to win the CL unless he turns into another Messi
Rakitic is already 32 and has very little resale value at the moment
The Barca offence lacks balance they need a real wide player who will stretch play, Griezmann Coutinho and Suarez cannot really do this and Dembele is unreliable. Only Neymar can do this at the highest level. Maybe Mane
It's at least as difficult for Madrid. They've already got Hazard, Isco, Vinicius and Rodrygo for the left wing. Isco can play as a CM, too but bring in Neymar and you have to shift Hazard to the right wing which isn't possible. I currently see no way how to fit both into a 4-3-3 unless one of them changes into a false nine (unlikely) and I don't think Zidane would he happy if Perez made him abandon this formation. And getting rid of Hazard after just one year? Come on.
Good points, although I wouldn't put it past Perez to do it so he can have a galactico and stick it to Barcelona, Vinicius might be an asset used to tempt PSG. Keep in mind, Barcelona will need a lot of money (that some say they do not have) to get Neymar, even next summer, and it will take getting rid of Dembele who has no incentive to accept being part of a trade to fund this transfer, and was one of the roadblocks as to why it didn't happen this past summer.

I wonder what you both think of this, could Barcelona want Mbappe over Neymar? When you consider the money either of them will cost, and the fact that Mbappe is 7 years younger so you will get a lot more return on your investment than an injury-prone Neymar. As much as Barcelona need a wide player, they're also going to need to replace Suarez just as badly and they have even less prospects for that position than they do on the left wing. Dembele is unreliable at times but he was still a big reason for Barcelona's trophy haul last season with key goals in the league and spanish cups, Fati will only get better in time. Who is there to replace an aging Suarez?

Both teams need to secure their forward spot for the long-term and Mbappe is the best young forward money can buy. I don't think he will sign an extension at PSG which will make them at least consider a world-record bid next summer. It's going to be very interesting to see how all the dominos fall.

thepolice123

I think similar to his teammate Veratti, Europe has already moved on from the Neymar hype. The closest I think is Barca but time is not on his side. Their core players are all ageing and Barca will undergo a massive transition in the next coming years. Might not be all sunshine and roses when he does return.