Nfl 2008-2009

Nearco

youth team player

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
He still got one good team and arguably two average teams to the championship game, practically by himself. I've never seen a QB "will" three teams to Super Bowls other than Elway. And those NFC opponents in the late 80s were a class above the AFC sides. I could say Elway taking Denver to a Super Bowl was akin to Henry guiding Arsenal to the 06 CL final... only to run into the buzz saw that was Barcelona (Barcelona being New York or San Francisco). I highly doubt such legends named Montana, Marino, Brady, Aikman, etc., would have lead Denver to a championship over those great teams in the 80s. The one game Denver really had a great chance was 1988 against Washington. One quarter turned that game into a rout. Denver's defense had no answer to Washington's offense, namely Doug Williams and Timmy Smith.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
I'm quite curious how the officials missed Holmes using the ball as a prop (salt shaker or powder bottle) after what ended up the game winning score. That call has been made all year long yet in this game it's missed. WTF? That's a fifteen yard penalty which means Pittsburgh is kicking off at their 15 which means instead of a goal line return the kickoff is probably fielded around the 15 or 20 and gives Arizona a much shorter field.

Whether you agree with this rule, which I find sometimes comical considering it's "ok" for players to celebrate after a first down catch or sack, it's still a rule. And there is no excuse for it to not have been called.