Nfl 2008-2009

I_live_cement

Cat freak
That's 2 superbowl rings for Big Ben now. What is he, still only 26? Impressive.

Although, he didn't really perform that well in either game.

Got Madden 07 free when my Xbox went in for repair, bought 09 this year
'03 for me, The Rams with Faulk were a beast in that game.

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
The big wait before the season is not a big deal for me really. Makes watching all the games more enjoyable.

MiamiSpartan

I would have preferred Arizona win, but the fumble at the end was the right call, and there was no need to review. In the last two minutes a coach's challenge is not necessary to review, so the onus is on officials upstairs to look and see if it is a close enough play to review. If it is, they radio the on-field officials.

In this case, it was clear looking at a quick replay or two that it would not get overturned. Warner's arm was never moving forward with the ball in his possession (he touched the ball with his arm going forward, essentially pushing the ball, but lost possession when the defender hit the ball before his arm was ever going forward).

muller

I guess I meant normal with respect to length of the game.
No I know what you meant. Timing was pretty dead on for alot of games, even with a slightly extended HT.

Just saying that although alot of games in the NFL have tight ending, the fat it was in the Superbowl adds something to it!

Erics_Collar

Well, from one Superbowl to another.

I have a Superstar career going in Madden with JaMarcus Russel. Just made it to my second Superbowl with the Panthers (lost my first Superbowl with the Broncos). So Im off to play. Night all! What a game!

muller

I shall use my Time off work tomorrow creatively.

I shall continue my career on Madden as my own running back -

Rapid Dave.

Point for anyone who can tell me the family guy reference.

MiamiSpartan

At least Manning has one. More than Dan Marino and Jim Kelly can say.
And so do Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson. :lol: Just shows that number of rings isn't necessarily a measure of quality QBs.

I'm not sure what the point was from the poster in comparing the number of Super Bowl wins that Manning has versus Roethlisberger.

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer

Rapid Dave.

Lucky git, I should have took the day off work myself.

Have to be up in a couple of hours, so will be shattered. Using Sky+ for the Superbowl is just not acceptable though.

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry

Rapid Dave.

Speedy Gonzales' nemesis

Cali Red

And so do Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson. :lol: Just shows that number of rings isn't necessarily a measure of quality QBs.

I'm not sure what the point was from the poster in comparing the number of Super Bowl wins that Manning has versus Roethlisberger.
Fair or not a great QB (or player) without a SB ring doesn't get looked at the same. Take Jim Kelley for instance. He could have been a 4 time winner (4 in a row). Had he one 1 he'd be up there with the greatest of all time. Had he one 4 in a row I can't even imagine. Instead he's looked at as a great QB that never one the big one.

Erics_Collar

I was making the same point you are - number of rings means nothing.

Unless you're Tom Brady.

dave2528

Fair or not a great QB (or player) without a SB ring doesn't get looked at the same. Take Jim Kelley for instance. He could have been a 4 time winner (4 in a row). Had he one 1 he'd be up there with the greatest of all time. Had he one 4 in a row I can't even imagine. Instead he's looked at as a great QB that never one the big one.
The tough luck Buffalo Bills. What a great team and only to get beat 4 times in the big game.

Who was that kicker they had that just missed the field goal against the Giants? Norwood?

Anyhow...It seems like in the last 10 years they've slowed the game down so much due to TV timeouts and all the other nonsense. I've always loathed the Superbowl due to bad Las Vegas flare that they pump into it but, that last quarter there I'll even admit was pretty good stuff, and I could care less about Arizona or Pittsburgh.

First NFL game I've watched in the last 3 years maybe? If only they took the play clock down from 45 seconds to maybe 25-30, and then cut out all the two minute warning and television timeouts, then I'd be more willing to tune in. Otherwise I honestly find it damn near impossible to stay awake for an entire game.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
I was making the same point you are - number of rings means nothing.

Unless you're Tom Brady.
For as good as Brady is, I'd still take Elway, Marino and Staubach over him any day and twice on Sunday. Debatable for Aikman, Favre, and Young. Then there's Montana who may be in a category to himself though I rate a few QBs ahead of him but Super Bowl wins sometimes jumps a player over others.

Alex

For as good as Brady is, I'd still take Elway, Marino and Staubach over him any day and twice on Sunday. Debatable for Aikman, Favre, and Young. Then there's Montana who may be in a category to himself though I rate a few QBs ahead of him but Super Bowl wins sometimes jumps a player over others.
Well said Marcello agree with in terms of SB Montana was top, although all time I would take Elway over him

Erics_Collar

Whoa, I never said Tom Brady was the best QB ever. Im just saying of this generation (i.e. better than Farve, Manning, Young).

manxmanc

Good game, was an entertaining climax.

Don't usually watch NFL, but that was quite good.