NFL 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylar

Cowboys are for real. Would be such a them thing to do to put Romo back in though.

GB offence are atrocious. Rodgers has been terrible. Some of our players cant even catch simple balls when throws are accurate. The play calling is atrocious.
Secondary is non existent. Bar one punt today, the punter is garbage.

Too many problems. Needs to be fixed up big time.

JP77

Torn meniscus for Big Ben. Our entire season hangs on him getting back to fitness, despite having the best RB and best WR in football we're completely fecked with Landry Jones at QB.

No surprise it comes a week before we play the Patriots either. Bye week after that, we badly need him back for the Ravens game the week after that.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Torn meniscus for Big Ben. Our entire season hangs on him getting back to fitness, despite having the best RB and best WR in football we're completely fecked with Landry Jones at QB.

No surprise it comes a week before we play the Patriots either. Bye week after that, we badly need him back for the Ravens game the week after that.
Injuries seem to be a big problem for Ben these days. You guys are already inconsistent as it is and with his injuries it makes the situation worse.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids

Feck! My fantasy team is in a bit of trouble then.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
All the commenters that hated on their friendly writer for having Dallas in the top 10 two weeks ago are really going to be steaming now. Well, they can take that steam and go iron a Zeke Elliott Offensive Rookie of the Year T-shirt with it.
:lol: Power Rankings are always a fun read.

Phil

Finally saw the Sherman no PI call. I don't even feel guilty, there was JJ hands to the face at the line.

RDCR07

A-Rod is still the best QB out there IMO, fully expect him to return to form soon
I think Brady is better in my opinion. Way more consistent and proven again and again he doesnt need a top receiving core to get points and win SBs.

RDCR07

:lol:

Von is gonna ruin him
He is coming at the worst time ever. Its a home game. We have lost two in a row and he is coming back so soon after leaving for more money. Motivation for the Broncos practically just speaks for itself. The staff dont even need to say anything.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
He is coming at the worst time ever. Its a home game. We have lost two in a row and he is coming back so soon after leaving for more money. Motivation for the Broncos practically just speaks for itself. The staff dont even need to say anything.
Wade Phillips should just pin the printed out headlines about his move on the locker room wall.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
I often wonder if the players care that much about a situation like that. I mean how many of them would turn down money like that especially when it might be his one chance to get a contract of that level? Was there much animosity between Brock and the club during all the negotiations?

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
I often wonder if the players care that much about a situation like that. I mean how many of them would turn down money like that especially when it might be his one chance to get a contract of that level? Was there much animosity between Brock and the club during all the negotiations?
Aye, most players at any team will walk for a better deal, even Von Miller would have fecked off last summer if they didn't give him what he was after, or close to it.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Apparently Brock wasn't happy at Manning being brought back in the San Diego game which is a little odd given 1. It's Peyton fecking Manning and 2. It was exactly what the team needed.

He was also pissed that Elway delayed his contract negotiations whilst waiting for Manning to decide on retirement.

Elway recently said "A lot of times those deals you don’t make are the best ones"

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Apparently Brock wasn't happy at Manning being brought back in the San Diego game which is a little odd given 1. It's Peyton fecking Manning and 2. It was exactly what the team needed.

He was also pissed that Elway delayed his contract negotiations whilst waiting for Manning to decide on retirement.

Elway recently said "A lot of times those deals you don’t make are the best ones"
Why should he be happy about any of that?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Why should he be happy about any of that?
I'm not saying he should be happy, but it's a little much to get bent out of shape when Peyton Manning is brought back in after you've stunk it up for most of a game.

Osweiler did a good job whilst Manning was injured, but any coach in the game would have brought Peyton in at that point and it was the perfect lift for the crowd and team.

The contract stuff is understandable for him to be unhappy about, Manning was clearly finished and Brock was arguably the future, but it worked out in our favour to be honest.

Anyway you asked if there was any animosity so I was just telling you what I understood to be his issues.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
I'm not saying he should be happy, but it's a little much to get bent out of shape when Peyton Manning is brought back in after you've stunk it up for most of a game.

Osweiler did a good job whilst Manning was injured, but any coach in the game would have brought Peyton in at that point and it was the perfect lift for the crowd and team.

The contract stuff is understandable for him to be unhappy about, Manning was clearly finished and Brock was arguably the future, but it worked out in our favour to be honest.

Anyway you asked if there was any animosity so I was just telling you what I understood to be his issues.
I'm not saying what the team done was wrong, but "most of a game" wasn't much of a chance, considering prior to that injury, and more often than not after it, Peyton stunk up the place too, though he did find his old form in the playoffs. His return was a morale lift to the team(barring Brock, of course), but it wasn't him that won you a Superb Owl, it was Von Miller and the defence.

Also, I didn't ask about animosity(that was JustAFan), I just said that I don't think the other players would give a shit about a player doing what's best for themselves, when most any of them would have done the same in a comparable situation.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I'm not saying what the team done was wrong, but "most of a game" wasn't much of a chance, considering prior to that injury, and more often than not after it, Peyton stunk up the place too, though he did find his old form in the playoffs. His return was a morale lift to the team(barring Brock, of course), but it wasn't him that won you a Superb Owl, it was Von Miller and the defence.
Oh absolutely the defence was the key, but if Osweiler had finished that game I'm pretty sure we'd have lost. It just wasn't happening.

Also, I didn't ask about animosity, I just said that I don't think the other players would give a shit about a player doing what's best for themselves, when most any of them would have done the same in a comparable situation.
Yea, sorry, that was @JustAFan

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I think it is way too early to call whether making or not making a deal with Brock O was or wasn't a good deal. It's been like 6 games for god sakes.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I think it is way too early to call whether making or not making a deal with Brock O was or wasn't a good deal. It's been like 6 games for god sakes.
It's too early to say whether he'll work out for Houston, it's definitely not too early to say he wasn't worth £72m.

RDCR07

It's too early to say whether he'll work out for Houston, it's definitely not too early to say he wasn't worth £72m.
This. He was never ever worth $72m and thats only a four deal year with like half of it GUARANTEED. What the feck were the Texans thinking?

RoadTrip

This. He was never ever worth $72m and thats only a four deal year with like half of it GUARANTEED. What the feck were the Texans thinking?
You're both probably right. I'm sorry for trying to provide a counter thought :lol:

RoadTrip

Oh and to the A-Rodgers vs Brady discussion, it's common sense to take Rodgers due to age but right now, ignoring age, there's no question in my mind that Brady is the best QB in the league. And no I'm not biased because I'm a NE fan.. maybe :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.