NFL 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

sport2793

Looks like the Titans aren't so bad of a team after all, beating the "hottest team in the NFL right now".

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Looks like the Titans aren't so bad of a team after all, beating the "hottest team in the NFL right now".
The Bills are obviously the better team on neutral ground. As it is, It took a bizarre sequence of events for the Titans to win at home.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I don’t mind the call to go for it in general, but I’m not putting the fate of the game on whether or not I can gain half a yard running directly into Simmons.

sport2793

The Bills are obviously the better team on neutral ground. As it is, It took a bizarre sequence of events for the Titans to win at home.
Sure that's probably true, I was more poking fun at the assertion in quotation marks made by the ESPN commentator at the end of the game. Suppose the 'Boys will be the next hottest team now.

Sylar

So surprised bills lost especially the manner in which they did in the final quarter

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Still think the Titans aren't for real this season - their defense stinks, Jones' hammies look finished (as much as it pains me to say) and AJB struggles with injuries all season as well.

They are extremely well-coached by Vrabel though and as long as they have Henry rumbling over pretty much every opposing defense they'll have a decent chance. Still heavy AFC South favourites, especially at 4-2 right now, but there are better teams in the AFC.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
While I don't think it was a poor decision in se, perhaps the play was imo. It's basically trust your offense to win you the game rather than risk not getting the ball back in OT but they didn't even try for a TD, just the first down with 20" and one timeout left. That would've meant one or two shots at the endzone before kicking rather than taking your one shot at 4th & 1.

They did march down the field in less than 2 minutes though. The Bills will be fine, easily win their division and they'll see from there. Will certainly be competing for a bye as well.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Unstoppable runaway train when Henry gets going.

Jagga7

I keep thinking it's only a matter of time before Henry gets hurt but the guy keeps dominating every game.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
You'd indeed think that's the only possible outcome given his usage, but actually he's been almost the only top back in the league without any injury issues so far this season (maybe Kamara as well).

Zeke, Cook, CMC, Mixon, Ekeler, Dobbins, Henderson, Chubb, Hunt, ... You name it, all of them have had injury concerns so far while Henry just goes on and on.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
I’d have the NFC as five deep. Even if the NFC West isn’t as formidable as it may have appeared, the conference as a whole is fascinating now that the Boys are stepping up to the plate.

The AFC…I have no fecking clue. I’m stubbornly sticking to my stance that Buffalo isn’t as far ahead of their peers as they appear, but I don’t really know where to go from there.
I agree re Buffalo. Their schedule going forward has a lot of poor teams on it as well. Maybe the Bucs in December will give us a real idea of whether they’re ready.
The hottest team in the NFL right now is surely the Cardinals.

Bills, Bucs, Cowboys, Ravens all in the mix as well.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
If he ups his game just a bit, he could potentially challenge Eric Dickerson's record.
Technically he will easily break if he keeps up this pace (130.5 YPG) given the added 17th game. In a 16-game span he'd need to go to 133.6 YPG yeah, very close so far.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Technically he will easily break if he keeps up this pace (130.5 YPG) given the added 17th game. In a 16-game span he'd need to go to 133.6 YPG yeah, very close so far.
Still baffled as to how the Cardinals limited him to 50-odd when Dalvin Cook ran through them for fun in the next game.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Yes, he could break it this year, although it would be with the obvious caveat that he was given an extra game. His previous high was 126 ypg, which is miles off from OJ's 143 back in the 70s.

sport2793

Still baffled as to how the Cardinals limited him to 50-odd when Dalvin Cook ran through them for fun in the next game.
Well the Cards had the entire off-season to prepare for the Titans and Dalvin Cook got most of his yards in the first half. Once adjustments were made at half time, the Cards were able to shut him down too. In fact the defense as a whole limited the Vikings in the second half to only 1 field goal but the Murray pick 6 was costly.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Any of you British/European lads regard football of the American variety your favourite sport?

I think I passed that threshold some time ago.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Any of you British/European lads regard football of the American variety your favourite sport?

Well I tend to watch a more variety of NFL games and I can be thoroughly entertained every time, whether it's my Saints playing or not. I don't often watch non-Chelsea games unless it's a top 6 clash or the outcome of the game has consequences for Chelsea

sport2793

The hottest team in the NFL right now is surely the Cardinals.

Bills, Bucs, Cowboys, Ravens all in the mix as well.
Ya but the media has a massive media market bias, which means that coastal and Texas teams will be hyped a lot more.

JJ12

Well I tend to watch a more variety of NFL games and I can be thoroughly entertained every time, whether it's my Saints playing or not. I don't often watch non-Chelsea games unless it's a top 6 clash or the outcome of the game has consequences for Chelsea
This is definitely a major factor

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

Have only been watching with any regularity for about a year - for a United game I'm still watching that even if it's us vs Watford and the Super Bowl is somehow on at the same time. For any pair of random middle of the road teams I have no investment in though, I find myself much preferring the NFL.

Would watch Colts vs Chargers or something over Villa vs Everton every time now.

JJ12

Have only been watching with any regularity for about a year - for a United game I'm still watching that even if it's us vs Watford and the Super Bowl is somehow on at the same time. For any pair of random middle of the road teams I have no investment in though, I find myself much preferring the NFL.

Would watch Colts vs Chargers or something over Villa vs Everton every time now.
Yeah unless its United on at the 4:30 Sunday slot then Redzone will be on at 6pm without fail. Although I fear Redzone will be on this Sunday :lol:

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Easily yeah. Can't really be bothered with non-Liverpool football anymore, and even with Liverpool I'm not purposefully staying at home to watch the games anymore if it doesn't fit the weekend schedule over here.

If Liverpool has the late game, it goes off for RedZone unless it's a super close or interesting game. This upcoming Sunday it'll probably be RedZone on my phone for the first 20' if the Utd game is close (hoping it won't be :lol:).

JJ12

Easily yeah. Can't really be bothered with non-Liverpool football anymore, and even with Liverpool I'm not purposefully staying at home to watch the games anymore if it doesn't fit the weekend schedule over here.

If Liverpool has the late game, it goes off for RedZone unless it's a super close or interesting game. This upcoming Sunday it'll probably be RedZone on my phone for the first 20' if the Utd game is close (hoping it won't be :lol:).
Yes I fear RedZone willl be on, on time sadly

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Damn, huuuuge loss for a SB hopeful.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

Replace “Liverpool” with “United” and this is me. I rarely if ever watch non United games anymore, I’ve properly fallen out of love with the game in recent years.

NFL on the other hand I read updates almost daily and watch RedZone religiously. Even in the off-season I keep a close eye on what’s going on.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Replace “Liverpool” with “United” and this is me. I rarely if ever watch non United games anymore, I’ve properly fallen out of love with the game in recent years.

NFL on the other hand I read updates almost daily and watch RedZone religiously. Even in the off-season I keep a close eye on what’s going on.

Yeah I said exactly the same in the MLB thread last week . I watch very little non United football now but watch redzone religiously till Sunday late night .

Status
Not open for further replies.