NFL 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Our defense has been fantastic tonight. Lovely stuff.

mav_9me

There is something off about how the Vikings defense set up there. Are they too deep? Feels weird seeing so much space in front of the defense. Why aren't they in front of the end zone?

Sorry if it's a stupid question.

Wittmann45

There is something off about how the Vikings defense set up there. Are they too deep? Feels weird seeing so much space in front of the defense. Why aren't they in front of the end zone?

Sorry if it's a stupid question.
I think the play selection wasn't that bad. In that situation, ie, in the last play of the game, where the other team needs a TD to win, you do not want your DB being beaten off the line and a receiver running free, so lining up in the endzone, or near the endzone, is probably the right call. However, giving the receiver so much room once he makes his way into the endzone was a disaster. It is a little hard to see, but it appears that every other Lions receiver/TE was well covered and met directly at the edge of the endzone, except St. Brown, who was given far too much space. So, not the wrong play call, but real poor excecution.

It appears that St Brown could/should have been double teamed and instead both the CB and the safety allowed him too much room in the endzone. It doesn't even seem to be that complicated of a Lions' playcall/route, it just appears to be a massive brain fart

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
Offense looking back to it's best today. Hill getting free too easily.
It seemed that way early but then followed a predictable pattern for KC this season. Not sure what is wrong with them. Defense is carrying that team, oddly enough. The positive side is that if the offense somehow starts playing consistently well, KC becomes a formidable team.

Mike Smalling

It seemed that way early but then followed a predictable pattern for KC this season. Not sure what is wrong with them. Defense is carrying that team, oddly enough. The positive side is that if the offense somehow starts playing consistently well, KC becomes a formidable team.
KC's defense and offense seem to be taking turns in having good games, and therefore they grind out a lot of wins. Patrick Mahomeboy is apparently 5-1, when he doesn't throw a touchdown pass, so it's not like they only rely on their explosive offense. You do get the sense that they have to fix something before the playoffs if they want to be in with a shot, though.

The AFC landscape is really interesting with the Titans dropping off a bit, the Ravens looking vulnerable as well and the Patriots stringing wins together. 1st seed seems to be up for grabs. The Chargers are really fun to watch so I hope they win their division and make a deep playoff run.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
The Chargers would unquestionably be the least objectionable AFC West winners given the Broncos have no chance.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

Really starting to like this guy more and more.

And yes, the Chargers would be the best AFC West winners, agreed.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
KC's defense and offense seem to be taking turns in having good games, and therefore they grind out a lot of wins. Patrick Mahomeboy is apparently 5-1, when he doesn't throw a touchdown pass, so it's not like they only rely on their explosive offense. You do get the sense that they have to fix something before the playoffs if they want to be in with a shot, though.

The AFC landscape is really interesting with the Titans dropping off a bit, the Ravens looking vulnerable as well and the Patriots stringing wins together. 1st seed seems to be up for grabs. The Chargers are really fun to watch so I hope they win their division and make a deep playoff run.
Can’t see the Chargers winning the division, they’re not as good all around as KC. They’re not that far behind at the moment though.

The AFC is indeed interesting. Most of the teams with a shot at the 1 seed have pretty tough remaining games as well from what I can see. The Bills and Patriots play each other twice (starting with tonight) for example.

Mike Smalling

Can’t see the Chargers winning the division, they’re not as good all around as KC. They’re not that far behind at the moment though.

The AFC is indeed interesting. Most of the teams with a shot at the 1 seed have pretty tough remaining games as well from what I can see. The Bills and Patriots play each other twice (starting with tonight) for example.
Agree, KC will most likely take it, but I'm hoping for the Chargers. Herbert may be my favorite QB at the moment.

Based on the remaining schedule and how the teams have been performing, I would expect the Chiefs or the Patriots to take 1st seed. Ravens only meet teams with a .500 record or better including Packers and Rams. That's rough. Titans may have the easiest schedule, but have lost two in a row scoring 13 points in each, and will continue to be without Henry. Chargers schedule isn't that bad actually, but they haven't won consecutive games since early October.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
Agree, KC will most likely take it, but I'm hoping for the Chargers. Herbert may be my favorite QB at the moment.

Based on the remaining schedule and how the teams have been performing, I would expect the Chiefs or the Patriots to take 1st seed. Ravens only meet teams with a .500 record or better including Packers and Rams. That's rough. Titans may have the easiest schedule, but have lost two in a row scoring 13 points in each, and will continue to be without Henry. Chargers schedule isn't that bad actually, but they haven't won consecutive games since early October.
Yes, agree with all. Ravens also dealing with a lot of injury problems.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

We don't realize enough that even the worst QBs in the league are still absolutely winning at life.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

First Peters now Humphrey, after losing the likes of Dobbins, Edwards, Stanley, Bateman for half a season, ... Really decimated by injuries, which usually doesn't happen to a future SB winner. Can't see them going all the way unless Lamar magically becomes the 2019 version of himself again.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
The war of attrition in the AFC is real. The Bills lost their CB White last week.

It‘s going to be the fecking Pats at the top in the end, isn’t it?

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
The war of attrition in the AFC is real. The Bills lost their CB White last week.

It‘s going to be the fecking Pats at the top in the end, isn’t it?
If the Super Bowl ends up being the Pats v the Buccs, we have proof positive that the NFL is fixed :lol:

Jack-C20

So where do people stand on having a 2nd team in the NFL? It’s not another team to support like I do the Packers but another team to add a bit more interest into Sunday evenings when the Packers are on at silly o’clock.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
So where do people stand on having a 2nd team in the NFL? It’s not another team to support like I do the Packers but another team to add a bit more interest into Sunday evenings when the Packers are on at silly o’clock.
I don’t really have any set second team but there’s other teams I’ll be happy to see do well.

Jack-C20

I don’t really have any set second team but there’s other teams I’ll be happy to see do well.
That’s the same as me. My main reason was because the Packers bobble hat is pretty bland this year :lol: After looking around though it seems the generic design is bland regardless of team colours.

I was looking forward to closely following wherever Rodgers went but ever since he came out as a massive COVID plank I’m not as excited any more.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
When I first got into the NFL circa. 2010/2011, the only player I’d heard of (seems so weird to say now) was Brady which is really how I ended up supporting the Pats. So naturally when I catch up on games in 40 on game pass, I tend to watch the Bucs next. I wouldn’t say I see them as a 2nd team, don’t really have a 2nd team, just the team I probably am most interested to see the outcome of next. Teams I like otherwise more than others:
- Jags - London link. But I’ve gone away from that a bit because Meyer is a douche.
- Chiefs - strange I know being a Pats fan, but I really like Mahomes and think he is the next GOAT (if that’s such a thing)
- Chargers - random, but I always see them as this underdog who have injury plagues. I like underdogs.
- Cardinals - were my go-to madden team on franchise mode when they were not good :lol:

Teams I dislike more than others
- Green Bay - my mate who started following NFL at a similarish time supports them, so natural competition :lol: And I just don’t like Rodgers (sorry!)
- Jets - such a pointless franchise.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
The AFC is such a yo-yo. Big big game tonight - excited!
Massive. Whoever wins will go a long way towards demonstrating their legitimacy as a contender. Though I have my doubts about the Pats; I don’t think a real rookie QB has ever lead a team to the SB before.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I think strict allegiance to one team is outdated stuff in an age where you can watch any team. Odds are you are already supporting a team you don’t have any local, personal ties to so why not have another? It’s not a spouse you’ve sworn an oath to.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Summer apparently, not sure what took them so long to give him the suspension.
The case was only resolved in November, and then he appealed the 3 game suspension which allowed him to play against the Bills.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Yep. That post was from the first quarter when our offense looked formidable and completely disintegrated after. I think the problem stems from teams having a cohesive plan to stop Kelce and Hill getting free and the other receiving forwards are either not getting into the space vacated by the defense to track Hill or they are and they just drop the ball. I haven't looked at the stats but it looks like we aren't getting as many as those 30+ yard down the field catches that we were in the last 2 years. Earlier on in the season you could point to our OL being shit and allowing no time for Mahomes to make the big play but that hasn't been happening recently.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Packers are my #1 too, but my gf is a fan of the Eagles, so we watch both every week, and I want them to do well. Always had a soft spot for the Browns too, but it was mostly because they were hopeless. They're decent now, so the novelty has worn off a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.